Can someone tell me....

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

Can someone tell me....

Postby Onchou » Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:13 pm

Can someone tell me how to put pictures in my signature? I tried to copy a code for a banner, and it didn't work. :bang: Thankies! :hug: ;)
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." Gandalf the Grey

"He's not stroking her butt?" Inu Yasha

"And I said: 'Woe is me! For I am lost; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a poeple of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts!' Then flew one of the seraphim to me, having in his hand a burning coal which he had taken with tongs from the altar. And he touched my mouth, and said: 'Behold, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away, and your sin forgiven.' And I heard the voice of the Lord saying: 'Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?' Then I said, 'Here am I! Send me."
Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore!"

Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is Alchemy's First Law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we truly believed that to be the world's one and only truth." Alphonse Elric

"A manslayer is a manslayer. Until the day he dies." Kurogasa
Onchou

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:10 am

I use [img]picture%20url%20here[/img]

Rai
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby Onchou » Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:44 pm

Thankies, Raiden!:dance:
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." Gandalf the Grey

"And I said: 'Woe is me! For I am lost; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a poeple of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts!' Then flew one of the seraphim to me, having in his hand a burning coal which he had taken with tongs from the altar. And he touched my mouth, and said: 'Behold, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away, and your sin forgiven.' And I heard the voice of the Lord saying: 'Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?' Then I said, 'Here am I! Send me."

Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is Alchemy's First Law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we truly believed that to be the world's one and only truth." Alphonse Elric

Onchou

Postby Onchou » Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:43 pm

Hmmmmm, why won't it work? Isn't the url http://www.sitename.com.nameofpic.jpg?:?:

Onchou

Postby Ssjjvash » Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:21 am

yes, I don't understand either. :bang: :mutter: :?: :comp:
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone
And so hold on when there is nothing left in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!' ...you'll be a Man, my son!

Rudyard Kipling

Satan, bite the dust!Image

"You are not who your mistakes say you are; you are not the sum of your failures!"---Rev. Billy Miller

Proverbs 18:24
Ssjjvash

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:07 pm

I think it would be www.sitename.com/picname.jpg

Or whatever's in the URL bar of your browser.

Rai
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby Ssjjvash » Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:29 pm

*sigh*

Ok, here is what I did:

I saved the image to my pictures folder. that worked with the avatar, but I was able to choose the file for that.

after I saved it, I put down [I M G] http:// blah blah blah .jpg [/I M G]

It shows up now as a question mark in a most annoying blue box. (lol)
GRRRRR.
*edit* (I left out the spaces of course)
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone
And so hold on when there is nothing left in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!' ...you'll be a Man, my son!

Rudyard Kipling

Satan, bite the dust!Image

"You are not who your mistakes say you are; you are not the sum of your failures!"---Rev. Billy Miller

Proverbs 18:24
Ssjjvash

Postby shooraijin » Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:06 pm

You have to upload it to a web site somewhere ("host" it). You can't just link to your own computer and download the image in most cases.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Onchou » Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:40 pm

*Sigh* I don't think I can upload it, I don't even know what that means.*blush*

Onchou

Postby shooraijin » Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:47 pm

Do you have a web page or home site?
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Sam*ron » Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:50 pm

How about you just upload the pic on this thread and I will give you the IMG!?
Thank you Admins & Mods - @)}~`,~
Sam*ron

Postby jesusfreakabc » Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:42 am

it's [img]blablablabla[img]

aka cf2 aka christian forums 2 is my forum! :rock: :rock:

please stop by the site!
jesusfreakabc

Postby shooraijin » Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:51 am

You mean, [ img].....[ /img] (just be sure to remove the spaces).

shooraijin

Postby Mangafanatic » Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:02 am

host it with photobucket. That's how I do mine.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Return to Tutorials