Thread Subscriptions

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

Thread Subscriptions

Postby cbwing0 » Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:50 am

Over the past two weeks, I have been having some trouble with the thread subscription system, specifically, it appears that the auto-subscribe feature is working randomly, at best.

I set the options to receive instant email notification, so whenever I post on a thread, I should get an email whenever someone replies. For some reason, the subscriptions are not going through, so half of the time I don't know if someone has replied to a thread.

Ideas? Suggestions? Solutions?

Edit: This topic may or may not belong in the comment box. If it does, I'm sure it will be moved.
cbwing0

Postby Omega Amen » Sun Aug 15, 2004 8:07 am

cbwing0 wrote:Ideas? Suggestions? Solutions?
In my experience with subscriptions, I have had trouble keeping them when I Quick Edit my post. Apparently, after my post is modified with the Quick Edit option, my subscription to the thread is removed. That was my only problem so far.

It should be noted that I have never used the e-mail notification option with the subscription utility. On the point of receiving e-mail, I cannot offer any ideas.
Find me on Steam, PlayStation Network (OmegaAmen), Backloggery, Twitter, and Twitch.tv

I am also in the Christian gaming group, Tribe of Judah in the Christian Gamers Alliance.
Omega Amen

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:15 pm

This problem has been noted in the past, by myself. As of yet, the staff has been unable to solve it.

Omega Amen is completely correct, in that any use of the Quick Edit option removes subscription to a thread. This could be the sole source of the problem, and would remove e-mail subscriptions as well. However, if there is another problem involving e-mail it could well be outside CAA.
uc pseudonym

Return to Tutorials