What does the Buddy List in User CP & Group on Profile Page do?

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

What does the Buddy List in User CP & Group on Profile Page do?

Postby SailorDove » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:06 pm

Did several searches, on the Buddy List. But not seeing what it does when you entered other users into your list. What does it do?

Also, curious on the Group thing at the bottem right of everyone's profile. Is it something for the future?
Naruto Fanfic: Kokoro of Konoha by Sailor Dove

What is the power of the weak and the weakness of power?

What would the butterfly effects be with an OC with no chakra or ninja inclinations but a coveted special sensing ability? But that's not her only closely guarded secret. Psst, don't tell the hyper blond boy she hates ramen.
SailorDove

Postby shooraijin » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:40 pm

We don't do much with either feature right now, alas. You can mess around with the Buddy List, but it does very little really. As far as groups, we don't have any defined, and don't plan to, since we don't really want to encourage official cliques. (There have been various unofficial member groups, some with moderator blessing and some without, but none of them receive official status.)
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby SailorDove » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:53 pm

Thank you for answering those silly questions. Just wasn't sure if I just wasn't "getting" what to do w/ them.
Naruto Fanfic: Kokoro of Konoha by Sailor Dove

What is the power of the weak and the weakness of power?

What would the butterfly effects be with an OC with no chakra or ninja inclinations but a coveted special sensing ability? But that's not her only closely guarded secret. Psst, don't tell the hyper blond boy she hates ramen.
SailorDove

Postby Shadowchild » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:54 pm

At least you dont forget who your friends are. ^-^
[color=indigo]ADOPTED BY:Nami, CephasVII, spectroking, Starfire1
ADOPTED: teen4truth, spirit-me-away, ky kiske, Sage_AlKahira, dragon's bane, phinny5608, mastersquirrel, LeaChan-4ever, Dytae, Tom Dincht, Jack Bond, Mega, meg, Celestra, JadeFox
PET AND GRANDDAUGHTER OF: Banana-chan
SISTER OF: girl ninja, Starfire1, and rusty789, Batosai [/color]

I'm looking for someone to quench my thirst - for all eternity.
Shadowchild

Postby termyt » Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:49 am

Members in your buddy list will have a "+" beside there names in the list of active members at the top of the forums page. That's the only thing I've noticed.
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby faithfighter » Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:36 pm

termyt wrote:Members in your buddy list will have a "+" beside there names in the list of active members at the top of the forums page. That's the only thing I've noticed.

but I see a + beside ppl who aren't on my buddy list? *is confussed*
[color="Green"][font="Verdana"]There is no one you can't love once you know their story-Mary Lou Lawnacki[/font][/color]
faithfighter

Postby Mithrandir » Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:17 am

Huh? That probably shouldn't be the case. PM me with any other info you have on that one. YOu should only see a plus next to people who are on your buddy list.
Mithrandir

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:36 am

faithfighter wrote:but I see a + beside ppl who aren't on my buddy list? *is confussed*

Are you certain the + is actually beside them and not the person just prior to them? For example, Mithrandir is on my buddy list, and say you are the member before him alphabetically, my list will appear: faithfighter, +Mithrandir. If the list is big enough it can be easily to misread.
uc pseudonym

Return to Tutorials