Scanlation Question. Please help me. *sob*

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

Scanlation Question. Please help me. *sob*

Postby Mangafanatic » Sat Dec 25, 2004 1:07 pm

Okay, so I've been download scanlations for-- well, forever. I've NEVER had any trouble viewing any of the manga I've downloaded.

Now, suddenly, I have to view my scanlations using Paint Shop Pro-- which I don't have! It makes absolutely no sense! Even when I try to view stuff I could look at two weeks ago, it prompts me to install paint shop pro. I don't have Paint Shop Pro, you stupid computer!

:comp: Well, I feel better now.

If anyone can give me very simple instructions on how to change the program with which I view it-- I would be very happy. I. need. my. scanlations.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby agasfas » Sat Dec 25, 2004 1:12 pm

To change it, to view the file in another photo viewing program

Right click the file > Open with > choose program
(whatever you use to view images).

Question, what format is the picture? Perhaps it has a Paint shop pro extension. If not, then you should have no trouble viewing the files via IE or whatever picture viewing program you use.

Edit: Also, ifyou are using a certain program you may have to go into the options or preferences and change the default settings to make it your primary choice to open files with.
"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine.." Prov 17:22

The word 'impossible' isn't in my dictionary... but I don't really have a dictionary you know? - Eikichi Onizuka.
Sorry, but I stop being a teacher at 5 o'clock. - Eikichi Onizuka.
agasfas

Postby Jasdero » Sat Dec 25, 2004 11:28 pm

Yus. Agasfas is absolutely right...

If the file turns up being a PaintShopPro-only file, I can change it for you~ :3

Edit:
Mangafanatic wrote:Even when I try to view stuff I could look at two weeks ago, it prompts me to install paint shop pro. I don't have Paint Shop Pro, you stupid computer!

Oh wait.. blah.. Okay, this can only happen if the file type that these files are, have been told to open with another program (which would be PSP, in this case).

So, what you need to do is (I'm assuming you're using Windows)...

(Right-click) --> Properties --> Change (it's a button) --> and select the program you want to use when viewing these files. If you've got Windows XP [Home or Professional], you would probably choose "Windows Picture and Fax Viewer." :3
× s h i n i e s , y e s ? ×

does it not burn... LIKE THE SUN?!
Jasdero

Postby Arnobius » Sat Dec 25, 2004 11:56 pm

If the files formerly work and then don't, I recommend checking if any newly added programs changed the default, or if spyware/viruses are running wild on the system. Computers don't change that stuff arbitrarily and if a change occurs, that should be a tip off.
Arnobius

Postby glitch1501 » Sun Dec 26, 2004 5:12 am

i bet its a png

Glitch's Photostream

He wants them to learn to walk and must therefore take away His hand; and if only the will to walk is really there, He is pleased even with their stumbles.

Healing hands of God have mercy on our unclean souls
once again. Jesus Christ, Light of the World, burning
bright within our hearts forever. Freedom means love
without condition, without beginning or an end. Here's
my heart, let it be forever Yours, only You can make
every new day seem so new.
Every New Day - On Distant Shores - Five Iron Frenzy

Nail pierced hands they run with blood
A splitting brow forced by the thorns
His face is writhing with the pain yet it's comforting to me
Passion - Kutless
:thumb: