Fairy Tail: Guild Adventures

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Fairy Tail: Guild Adventures

Postby Kilvakar » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:24 am

In a land far, far away lies the kingdom of Fiore, a small, peaceful nation of seventeen million, and a place filled with magic. Found in every home, bought and sold in every marketplace, for most, magic is merely a tool, a mundane part of everyday life. For some, however, magic is an art, and they have devoted their lives to its practice. These are the wizards. Banded together into magical guilds, they apply their skills in search of fame and fortune. Many such guilds dot the landscape of Fiore, but there is a certain guild in a certain town that soars high above the rest, one from which countless legends have been born. A guild that will no doubt continue to create legends well into the future. Its name...is Fairy Tail.

Welcome to Fairy Tail! We're the number one magical guild in Fiore, and for good reason. Some of Earthland's strongest wizards are in our ranks, but that is not where our true strength comes from. To our guild, all our members are like family, and there's nothing we can't achieve when we stand together.

Today is a day like most any other, the guild members going about their daily routine. Some are hanging around the guild hall here in Magnolia, some are leaving for or returning from a job, and of course, some appear to be on the verge of starting yet another guild-wide brawl.

What about you, young wizard? What are you up to this fine day?
Image Image
"Comrade isn't simply a word. Comrades are about heart. It's the unconditional trust in your partners. Please, fell free to lean on me...And I, too, will lean on you as well."---Mavis Vermillion, First Master of Fairy Tail

"There are people in this world who enjoy being alone, but there isn't a single person who can bear solitude."---Makarov Dreyar, Third Master of Fairy Tail
Kilvakar

Re: Fairy Tail: Guild Adventures

Postby Wolfsong » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:40 pm

The sky was open and blue, dotted with clouds here and there. The busy sounds of the city filled the air, all a regular day to day routine that he'd grown accustomed to a long time ago.
Today would be a nice lazy day.
So Zane decided as he lay in bed, staring at the ceiling with a sleepy, befuddled expression. He was going to laze away the morning, maybe find himself some breakfast, and then play with runes the rest of the day. Heck, maybe he could find some friends to do stuff with after.
Maybe he could figure out how to properly teleport today.
His door opened and Cassandra shuffled in, eyes half-closed and definitely unfocused. She held a bag which emitted such a pleasant smell his stomach instantly growled. Zane laughed and sat up. "Hey Cass!" he greeted her enthusiastically. "What's up for today?"
She crossed the room with an odd, stumbling walk yet somehow managing to come sit beside him without tripping or crashing into anything. She yawned, lazily covering her mouth with one hand while offering the bag with the other. "Nothing much," she replied, her mouth barely moving so her words were somewhat inaudible. "Been very...quiet today." Her voice drifted off and she rested her head on his shoulder, dozing. He chuckled as he pulled a still-warm bun from the bag.
"Didja have any plans today?"
"...sleep..."
He grinned, stretching. Suddenly, he felt too energetic to laze around all morning. "Righty then! I'm gonna get practicing!" Cass opened one eye at this announcement as he bounced up, spinning around to face her. "I'm getting better! Watch!" His form dissolved into runes that swirled in the air a moment, then disappeared behind the door. She stared as most of the runes traveled, but some seemed to get stuck on the door, reforming into an arm that was stuck on the door. She blinked, waiting. The door opened, and Zane collected his arm with a laugh.
"Still not quite! At least it comes back on," he said, carefully reforming the runes to reattach his arm. "Wish I could find someone else who knows how to use these things."
"...haps we c...ld find one..." Cass murmured, her words almost completely inaudible.
Zane shrugged. "Maybe. Anyway, I'm gonna head out, see if anyone's awake and around. Come on!" He grabbed her by the arm and pulled her out of the room. "Lets go do things!"

OOC - hope that works out sir!
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

"Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles." Psalm 25: 16-22

Thank you. Have a good day.
Wolfsong

Postby Kilvakar » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:59 pm

As Zane dragged Cass outside, he couldn't help but notice that it was a beautiful day. The morning sun was getting high, which reminded him of how late they both had slept in. The city of Magnolia was bustling as usual, with scores of people going about their daily routines. As the two friends walked down the lane from their front door, the bells of Cardia Cathedral rang out, announcing that it was 11:00. A neighbor woman waved at the pair as she passed by.

"Hello there children! Where are you off to today?"
Image Image
"Comrade isn't simply a word. Comrades are about heart. It's the unconditional trust in your partners. Please, fell free to lean on me...And I, too, will lean on you as well."---Mavis Vermillion, First Master of Fairy Tail

"There are people in this world who enjoy being alone, but there isn't a single person who can bear solitude."---Makarov Dreyar, Third Master of Fairy Tail
Kilvakar

Postby Wolfsong » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:11 pm

Zane glanced over, waving with a laugh.
"Oh, no where in particular! Just - hrk!"
Cass suddenly stopped still, her hand on his collar. This jerked him back, almost knocking him over, but it did choke him for a moment. "'scuse me ma'am," Cass said, making some effort to be heard. Not that it helped much, her words began to slur. "Do you know of any goodwizzardguildswecouldfind....." Her head drooped slightly.
Zane glanced at her, noting the woman's slightly puzzled look, then grinned and translated. "She's asking if you know of any guilds with good wizards in them? We, um, kinda could use some help," he admitted with a laugh.

OOC - sorry it took me so long....
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

"Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles." Psalm 25: 16-22

Thank you. Have a good day.
Wolfsong

Postby Twister980 » Fri May 29, 2015 1:14 pm

Canaan was never one for crowds, or for people in general. He tended to... Hate them. He kept his eyes to the old leather bound book in his hand as he pushed through the crowd, keeping his external calm.
Few paid attention to the young man, he looked almost like any other wizard. A plain open black robe, a white tunic, black pants and boots. He stopped in front of an open store, glancing inside at the magic items before huffing. "They're all fakes." He shook his head, wondering what fool would buy such tripe and continued on his way. Thinking about it at that moment, maybe Magnolia wasn't the best place for a serious wizard looking to make his mark. He stopped suddenly, a bright poster on a brick wall piqued his interest. "Wizard guilds?" He glanced it up and down, it was a fairly short list... Fairly... "Fairy Tail?" He quirked an eyebrow.

OOC: Introduction done. :D
Image Image "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Twister980

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying