Secret of the Shadow City

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Secret of the Shadow City

Postby Diamond Dragon » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:20 pm

You are inside your house, doing what you usually do, when you hear the ring of the doorbell. Who was that? You weren't expecting anyone. Going you the door, you open it. Outside, you find a girl you assume to be 8 or 9, who is under five feet tall with long, fiery red hair and piercing blue eyes. She hands you a vanilla covered envelope. "Don't be late." she says to you, then turns around and walks away before you can ask what she means. You blink. Her voice sounds so mature that you think you might have seriously underestimated her age. You go back inside the house, looking down curiously at the envelope. As soon as your hand is off the doorknob, you open the envelope. Inside is a letter written on paper the same color as the envelope, and has the faint scent of vanilla. It reads:

"Hello (insert your name here),
Yes, I know who you are. I know many things about you. But let's get to the business at hand; you see, I am in need of your skills. A book has come into my possession, showing me directions to an amazing place. A place That has been abandoned for many years. A place where, if rediscovered by the wrong people, will cause havoc in New York City. A place that undoubtedly hold treasure. Will your help, we can keep this place from the wrong hands. Please come to the address below tomorrow at 2 o'clock sharp. Don't tell anyone about this letter, nor of where you're going.
I know you won't turn this opportunity down."

You look down at the address, and realize it's the address to the mansion of a rich couple who are the former rulers of a place called Pokrovia. Was the invitation from both of them? And how did they know you wouldn't refuse?

So, I need five people, with one of the following specialties:

-The Smarty: Ella
-The Inventor
-The Chemist
-The Master/Mistress of Disguise/clothing designer: Rosario Pheobes
-The Hacker/Forger: Karen Gates

And here is the form;

Name:
Appearance:
Specialty:
Personality:
History: (you don't have to put in much, just some general things)
Other:

I will post my character later.
Last edited by Diamond Dragon on Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Diamond Dragon

Re: Secret of the Shadow City

Postby Diamond Dragon » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:47 pm

Name: Katarina Galatzina (Often called Kiki)
Appearance: Being under five feet tall, she's very small for her age. She has bright red hair reaching her tailbone, and piercing blue eyes. Her range of clothing style is everything from dressy to a bit grungy. It all depends on her mood. One thing you always see on her however, is a blue diamond ring she always wears on her left pointer finger.
Specialty: Besides being the organizer of the whole expedition, she's also a weapons and martial arts expert.
Personality: Kiki is a very ambitious, but sometimes bossy girl who has a taste for adventure and a desire to help people.
History: Kiki is the virtually unknown daughter of Edward and Ravina Galatzina, the former rulers of Pokrovia before a revolutionary war happened while Kiki was a baby, forcing them to leave. Now, even though they live in America, Kiki's parents fear that enemies have followed them, and keep Kiki inside the house to protect her.
Other: She tends to get cranky at random times.
Diamond Dragon

Postby rocklobster » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:41 am

Name: Karen Gates
Appearance: Has auburn hair with a pink streak on the left bang.
Specialty: Hacker
Personality: Karen is an arrogant woman who believes others are beneath her.
History: Karen became a wanted criminal early in life due to her extraordinary hacking skills. She has very little ethics and feels that the rules just don't apply to her.
Other:
rocklobster

Postby Diamond Dragon » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:54 pm

Accepted!
Diamond Dragon

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:02 pm

Dia, I'm working on getting the old sheet back with Goldy's help. I'll post then, if that's okay?
Wolfsong

Postby Diamond Dragon » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:04 pm

Sure thing Wolf! You wouldn't know which skill your character had, do you? If so, then I can reserve it for you~
~~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:09 pm

'fraid not. I don't even remember if she had one...
I think she may have been the master of disguises, but I don't know. I'll get back with you shortly. hopefully...
Wolfsong

Postby Wolfsong » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:03 pm

Sorry it took me so long to get back.

Name: Rosario Pheobes
Appearence: Her hair's so blonde its almost white. Her eyes are a venomous green and extremely vibrant. Extremely slim and very pale skin tone.
Trait: ( I recall this was left closed, due to your arrangement of the rpg, though I can't quite remember why...)
Personality: She is extremely tempermental, liable to fly off the handle at the drop of a hat.
Bio: Her father was a master thief and her mother his partner. They pulled off many crimes together, and grew rich. They purchased a house far away from the places they committed their crimes and intended to raise their daughter ignorant of their deeds. However, the girl uncovered the secret and, in shame and loathing, killed her parents. However, she was loath to return the wealth but, afraid of being charged with murder, fled across the states into New York, where she purchased a small house and hid the rest of the money. Only she knows where it is.
Other: Whlie she seems heartless, she is pathologically afraid of blood.
Wolfsong

Postby Diamond Dragon » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:10 pm

Great character! Weird though, I don't quite remember why you didn't have a trait for her either. Anyway, you can chose one from any of the open traits!
Diamond Dragon

Postby Wolfsong » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:11 pm

I choose Mistress of Disguise then!
Wolfsong

Postby Diamond Dragon » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:58 pm

Ok, added!
Diamond Dragon

Postby sarahleinaar » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:48 pm

Name: Ella
Appearance: Image
Trait: Miss Smart Alek
Personality: Smart, Funny, Sweet, Athletic, Flexible, Sarcastic (at some points)
History: Her parents both being spies, Ella and her twin brother, Ethan were put in training the moment they were able to walk. They have been training ever since. Ella is the smart one of the two. She knows everything (well, almost) You can ask her about any place or time in History or in the entire world, and she would most likely lecture you for hours. Not only is she smart but she is highly trained in fighting. Being trained to kill since birth helps that matter of course. Ethan and Ella are supremely close, and no one will ever come between them. Now, with her brother at her side, they will go to the mansion, and see what awaits them.

Name: Ethan
Appearance: Image
Trait: (I didn't really give him a trait of you don't mind) A fighter, he is strong, fast and like his sister, will kill in a second if told.
Personality: Ethan has an interesting personality. He is usually funny and definitely a ladies man, but the second you give him a mission... there's no time for fun and games. He becomes determined to finish that mission and he won't let anything or anyone get in his way. He's also very protective of his sister. He will do anything for her, even if it means, giving up his own life.
Love The Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul,
with all your mind, and with all your strength
sarahleinaar

Postby Diamond Dragon » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:19 pm

These two intrigue me! Both accepted! And it's ok if Ethan doesn't have a trait...though Kiki is gonna want an explanation for that...xD

Anyways, if no one else makes any more characters, I'll make the last two. Sorry it took so long to get started everyone...
Diamond Dragon

Postby Wolfsong » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:24 pm

Perfectly fine, I'm just glad this thing's still alive
Wolfsong

Postby sarahleinaar » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:12 pm

Haha, YAY! :D
sarahleinaar

Postby LastLfan » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:30 pm

Interjection, you know my role and I'll pm that to you. In the words of riki "mystery"
LastLfan

Postby Diamond Dragon » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:37 pm

? I'm sort LastFan, I don't really understand what you mean.... ^^;;

Name: Mercedes Edwards
Appearance: Partially Asian, partially African American in her appearance, she has brown skin, black hair wavy hair that comes to her shoulders, and black almond shaped eyes.
Specialty: Inventor
Personality: I'll reveal it in the RP.
History: Her father being a mechanic and her mother being a computer technician, it's no surprise as to where Mercedes' talent comes from. She had access to many parts to make things with.
Other: Because she thinks inventing things are like puzzles, she happens to be pretty good at puzzles.

Name: Sari Edwards
Appearance: Same as her twin sister, only she has a much shorter, boyish haircut.
Specialty: Chemist
Personality: Also will reveal in the RP.
History: Much the same as her sister's only that she became interested in chemistry after she first saw the reaction of baking soda and vinegar. After that, she experimented in everything from explosives to perfume.
Other: She's had countless accidents due to experiments gone wrong.
Diamond Dragon

Postby sarahleinaar » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:31 pm

Nice characters! :D
sarahleinaar

Postby Diamond Dragon » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:02 pm

Ooc: Thank you! You guys can officially start now! Our characters (except Kiki) Will meet outside KiKi's mansion, at the gate. I'll post sometimes soon~
Diamond Dragon

Postby sarahleinaar » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:34 am

"I told you we went the wrong way. You really need a map," Ethan groaned. His twin sister, Ella, glared at him.
"I don't need a map Ethan. I'm one of the smartest people in the world remember," she pointed out.
"That doesn't mean you memorized an entire map," he said fusterated.
"Oh really now. Look where we are," she said with a satisified smile. Ethan looked and saw the huge mansion in front of them.
"I never doubted you sis," he said hopping out of the car. She rolled her eyes and parked in the parking lot.
Then she got out of her car and met Ethan in front of the door.
"Thank you so very much for waiting for me to park the car before you got out," she said sarcastically.
He bowed. "My please m'lady," he said. Ella rolled her eyes and looked at her watch.
"5 minutes before. I wonder if anyone else is coming," she said looking around.
"If they are, they aren't within seeing distance," Ethan said.
Ella laughed softly. "Let's just wait then," she said leaning against the wall.
sarahleinaar

Postby Diamond Dragon » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:41 am

"Dude, you totally look like you have a black eye Sari!" Mercedes said to her sister as they walked down the street. Sari scowled at her twin. "You've already said that about ten times Mercedes!" "That's cause I can't get over how much like a black eye it looks!" "And that's the eleventh time..." Sari touched her left eye, were a purplish stain surrounded it. It was due to another chemistry accident that exploded in her face. If she had only added another drop of the red liquid-- "Look, there it is!!" Mercedes shouted, catching sight of the beautiful mansion. They both ran to the gate, where another and a boy stood waiting. "Hi there!" Mercedes said to them. "You got letters too?"
Diamond Dragon

Postby sarahleinaar » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:59 pm

Ethan looked up at the two new girls.
"So, we aren't the only ones. Sure did! I'm Ethan and this is my twin sister, Ella," he introduced.
Ella looked at them. "So, what are you special skills," she asked with a sly smile.
sarahleinaar

Postby rocklobster » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:45 am

Karen watched the others with small interest. She didn't even bother to introduce herself. I'm better than all of these.
(OOC: Could someone notice her and start a conversation?)
rocklobster

Postby Diamond Dragon » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:34 am

Mercedes grinned. "I'm an amature inventor, and my sister here's the chemist prodigy who keeps blowing stuff up." She said playfully. "I don't blow things up that often!" Sari protested. "Yes you do Murcury!" Mercedes said, using a nickname that Sari recieved years ago in school. Sari rolled her eyes, then noticed another girl a short distance away, looking at them. Curious, she walked over. "Hi...I assume you got a letter too?"
Diamond Dragon

Postby sarahleinaar » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:07 am

Ella nodded. "That's cool," she said.
She looked around. "I wonder if there is anyone else," she said. Ethan looked at his watch.
"If so then they have two minutes to get here," he said with a smile.
sarahleinaar

Postby rocklobster » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:32 am

Karen only nodded. "Yeah. Even got me out of prison. Like I needed the help."
rocklobster

Postby Diamond Dragon » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:49 am

Sari's mouth dropped open. Prison?? What on earth did this mystery person need with a person like this? "What did you get in the slammer for?" She blurted withought thinking.
Diamond Dragon

Postby Wolfsong » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:39 pm

OOC- Sorry its taken me so long to post, Dia. Just wasn't sure how the heck I was to begin...

Rosario sighed, pushing away from the window. The streets were so busy, busy, busy here! Sometimes she missed the quiet, empty plains of Texas. There were days she considered moving back, but she didn't feel safe just yet. "Gotta keep it together," she told herself. "What good's a disguise if you give it up halfway through the game?"
She reached up, touching her hair. Believe it or not, it was brown once. Now it was so blonde it was almost as white as an old lady. She'd changed the style of how she wore it, too. She had once preferred it pulled back in a ponytail. Now it hung straight down, with a part of it hiding her right eye. Her clothes were now brighter colors than what she used to wear.
"Its so different now," she murmured. After a moment, she felt decidedly claustrophobic and fled the house. Unfortunately, the streets were crowded and noisy, making her feel even more so. In an effort to get away, she escaped into the back alleys. The place was dark and probably filled with evil people but she felt totally like she didn't care, she just needed to get away from people. Then she heard a sudden sound behind her; was she being followed? Quickly, she fled down the street, vanishing into another alley. She could hear the footsteps now, much louder than before. Thugs? Cops?
Almost weeping, she was so terrified, she rather further down the alleys, crashing into a stack of clumsily placed boxes. They collapsed, and she dove through them with her arms over her head, struggling to get away. Next thing she knew, the ground beneath her was gone, and she was falling. Her hands, flailing wildly about, managed to catch hold of the concrete of the street. She realized she was in some sort of deep hole, and judging by the platform dangling next to her, it was a trapdoor!
About to climb out, she heard the footsteps again, and voices this time. Terrified of discovery from either possibility, she reached up, managing to grab one of the boxes, which she pulled over to her. Eventually, she had it almost over the hole. Once it was covered enough to hide, she let go and plummeted into the darkness.
Wolfsong

Postby rocklobster » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:19 am

Diamond Dragon wrote:Sari's mouth dropped open. Prison?? What on earth did this mystery person need with a person like this? "What did you get in the slammer for?" She blurted withought thinking.

"What, you haven't seen the wanted ads on the Internet?" Karen said. "I'm a hacker. And I got caught. A virus piggybacked on a firewall I was trying to get through. And it had spyware attached to it too. Before I could do anything, the police were at my door."
rocklobster

Postby Wolfsong » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:10 pm

Rosario lay flat on her back, moaning quietly. Every bone in her body felt like it was broken. Her eyes were squeezed shut, trying to hold in tears. "Ow," she whimpered. "Owowowowowow."
Eventually, when the pain settled into a dull throbbing, she cautiously opened one eye. Bright spot in her eyes slowly began to disappear, giving way to vague shapes in the darkness. Slowly, she found she could see something that looked like a chandelier. She stood slowly.
"What is this place?" she whispered, then she called softly, "Hello? Is anyone here?"
Tentatively, she walked forward, hands stretched out in front of her. her vision was improving, but she felt insecure in this strange place. "Hello?" she called again.
She found a door eventually and let herself out of the odd room. She entered a long hallway, which she walked cautiously down. There was a door to her right before the hall branched out, and it had a red cross over it. Curious, she opened the door. The room was empty save for a cot, and there were lumps in the sheet. Someone was in the bed! She quickly ran over, too relieved to think, and grabbed the shoulder and started shaking.
"Oh, thank goodness! Excuse me for disturbing you, but please, where am I?" There was no reply, just an odd rattling noise. She grabbed the top of the sheet and pulled it back. "I'm sorry, but please...?!?!" The form under the sheet was revealed to be a skeleton! She screamed, dropping the sheet, and fled the room, slamming it shut behind her. She slid down till she was sitting with her back against the wall, staring at the ceiling. "Where the heck am I?" she demanded. But of course, there was no answer save her empty echoes.
Wolfsong

Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying