Supers in Chicago

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Postby OfficerSting » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:00 pm

"Fine. Have it your way." Chase said.

Chase downed another phial and showed Whirlwind the label.

"You see this? This is a phial of anti-super. It grants me the power to temporarily negate your powers, and all I need do is hit you with a blast of energy. I don't want to fight you. My boss, though kind, will not tolerate your friend's presence here. What if, one day, the Conductor gets caught here by another Successor. They might kill him. Then it would've been my fault he died, and the boss would throw me out of the Successors at best. I have no home. I'm broke. My parents won't take me back in after I betrayed their idealology. The flags won't take me after I spent so much time fighting them. By letting the Conductor stay here, you'd be risking his life and ruining mine. I'm begging you, don't make me fight you."
"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." [SIZE="2"]Romans 8:38-39 (NIV)[/SIZE]
OfficerSting

Postby rocklobster » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:46 am

Suddenly, Voltage's danger sense went off again. "It's the Conductor! He's in danger! Well, looks like you might get your first time to show off your abilities, rookies. We're needed. The Orichalum Man must not like that the Conductor is in their HQ."
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby OfficerSting » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:16 am

The Orichalcum man entered the milkshake shop.

"Why, hello Voltage, he said as he entred.
"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." [SIZE="2"]Romans 8:38-39 (NIV)[/SIZE]
OfficerSting

Postby rocklobster » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:21 pm

OOC: You are not capable of teleportation. Just stick to one place. The shop is way across town. Also, Soran is not too happy with the way you are treating her characters.
Sorry, but I don't tolerate Mary Sue-style characters.
"What are you doing here, Orichalum Man? If you want a fight, you'll have to see me outside." said Voltage. "This is my sister's shop and I don't want it ruined.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby OfficerSting » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:32 pm

OOC: I am dearly sorry if I have caused anyone to become upset. Please forgive me if I have done so, and please alert me if I am causing anyone any distress.

"I have no intention of fighting you; all I request is a simple conversation. Shall we go outside?" said the Orichalcum Man.
OfficerSting

Postby Diamond Dragon » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:22 pm

Silver Streak stiffened as her own danger sense went off. She watched quietly as she noticed the Orichalcum Man talk to Voltage.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

DiamondDragon - the Sky pokemon
Ruling the skies on its thick wings, this Pokemon is feared by all flying beasts. Its twinkling wings change in the sunlight. Some people believe that this pokemon actually has diamonds that grow on its skin. Despite its intimidating size, it is an extremely friendly ally and a very dangerous enemy.
@)}~`,~
Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
http://dragcave.net/view/JXKV4
Diamond Dragon

Postby Wind » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:43 pm

OOC: I got lost in this RPG I think I am going to drop out if someone wants to take over my character they are welcome to
F.K.A. JadeFox, HisuiKitsune
Quote= MrRogers 03:32 - politics have nothing to do with good pizza

chatbot 02:56 - Wind asks, did I kill the chat
My answer: Yes

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, is diamonddragon shatterproof??
My answer: Yes

Wind 01:55 - O.O

Wind 01:55 - noooooooo

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, Am I shatterproof?
My answer: No

DiamondDragon 01:57 - YAYS, I'M SHATTERPROOF!!!!!!!!

Sparx00 02:55 - Mean loaf is the loaf of the gods

Strafe 01:09 - I'm a hotcake
Strafe 01:10 - I am a very hot cake

rocklobster 01:17 - "What's the point of being an adult if you can't be childish sometimes?"

Strafe 02:38 - ~EWWW BOYS ARE NASTYYYY!~
Wind

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:23 pm

--Whirlwind--

"With all due respect, I can understand your concerns. I understand the pain of not having the support of loved ones and to be cornered by higher authorities. However, I do not believe in people having power over the other. I don't believe in the Flags for that reason, and because of the slow corruption, I don't believe in the Successors either. I don't care if you turn me in for treason, because if I betray my friend, I have committed the hugest act of treason. I don't know why Tony loves this place...maybe because its a place of music and music is his thing. I do know that this HQ has been abandoned for some years, and he wasn't aware of it when he came. I understood this, but I didn't see a problem with it and sent in the jurisdiction notice to the higher officials; if you examine the documents, the lease on this place is in my name, and technically is for the use of a Successor captain. If you don't believe me, then here is a copy."

She reached in her pocket and pulled out an envelope, throwing it on the floor.

"If you want to fight me, then go on ahead. Attacking an officer will not fair well on your reports either. But if you are going to fight me, I ask for you to do so like a man. No power-zapping potions. I cannot fight against such because it seems so cowardice in my eyes. Here is your proof, Paladin. The choice is yours. Think wisely though. Do you really want the rest of your life to be controlled? To live in the fear and sense of obligation. There is always a way out, Young Blood. It's time for you to face your own demons and decide."
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
Phantom_Sorano

Postby OfficerSting » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:38 pm

Chase was silent for a long while.

"You're right. I can't ask you to put the Successors over your friend. I apologize for insulting you, Whirlwind. It's just that..."

Chase paused.

"I always wanted to be like a knight, you know? Fight evil and rescue this city. I thought if I worked for the Successors, I could be like a knight. I can see now that I was never a knight. This whole time I could've been fighting criminals and the Kapoots, but instead, I was fighting people who were. I can see now my error. I have devoted my whole life to the Orichalcum Man's war. I have fought blindly alongside him thinking that I could be a great hero, but I was a pawn at best. I don't know why the Orichalcum Man wages this war, but I can't go along with it anymore. From the bottom of my heart, I apologize. Not just to you, but to the Conductor, Voltage, and everyone else."

Chase turned around.

"Earlier tonight, Whirlwind, I had an idea. An idea for a fourth super group that would work to bring peace between the flags and the Successors. If you want to be a part of it, I would gladly follow you as leader. You know a lot more about Chicago, the world, and life than I do."
OfficerSting

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:57 pm

OOC: Woah! A turn of tides! Fantastic game play!!!!!

--Whirlwind--

Yoko was set aback at Chase's revelation. She could feel the determination that radiated from him. Her mother had always spoken of oras, and she could feel a change in his.

"Mr. Paladin...I...I first must say that I am truly impressed by your maturity, for it is beyond your years. We have a reason and a purpose for our abilities, and I do not believe it is to subjigate others and to fight others which is not necessary. It seems that you too share that ideal."

She paused for a moment before continuing.

"I feel honored that you would invite me to such a group, and more so that you would choose me to lead it over yourself. However, I don't want to be your leader; I don't want any term that can be coined as your master. It is confusing, I know, but I hope you understand. I heard of your idea, the Avengers, wasn't it? Well, if you want my honest opinion, if I was to join, then I would only do so if leaders and captains and subjects did not exist. We are both equals, Mr. Paladin. The only thing that separates us is personal experience and strength that comes with age. I don't want to fight you because it is pointless; I don't want to fight with you if that means I am ordering you about. If we fight together, it is as friends sharing a common goal. I do not expect an answer right away. You can find me at the Clock Tower; there is a door under the large 7. I will be there. I ask that you leave Tony be to rest; I'll deal with your boss if he causes you trouble."

Whirlwind walked over to the open window, slung herself over, and with a gentle tug on her cap, fell off the bannister and into the night sky.

"Whaa? What? Who is that there?", the Conductor asked groggily as he recovered from his slumber.

"Ah! Chase! What a pleasant surprise! I was not expecting company....dear...and with such a disarray in this room. Do forgive me. Would you care for some coffee or tea?"

OOC: If you want, Mr. Sting, you can stick around and talk to Tony. He is good friends with Yoko and the other main supers. He can answer some questions.^^
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
Phantom_Sorano

Postby OfficerSting » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:25 pm

"Conductor, a lot has happened while you were out. We need to discuss-"

Chase suddenly stopped.

"Oh no. No, no, no!" Chase said upon.

"Is Voltage's hideout a milkshake shop?"
OfficerSting

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:04 pm

--Conductor--

Tony was still a bit confused and light headed. He really did not understand Chase's sudden urgency.

"Umm...uhh...yes. Bernard has been at the milkshake parlor for some time with his adopted sister, Rachel.....why do you ask?"
Phantom_Sorano

Postby OfficerSting » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:46 pm

"The Orichalcum Man has gone after Voltage! We have to do something!" Chase exclaimed.
OfficerSting

Postby rocklobster » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:32 am

Voltage asked "We're outside. Do we need to replay why we vehemently agree?" He turned to Silver Streak. "Be careful. He's quite unpredictable."
OOC: Can you have your villain detect Phobos's presence at their HQ, Soran?

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Diamond Dragon » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:19 am

Silver Streak eyed the Orichalcum Man narrowly. She never liked being near a person she didn't trust. Her eyes sparked icy blue.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

Ruling the skies on its thick wings, this Pokemon is feared by all flying beasts. Its twinkling wings change in the sunlight. Some people believe that this pokemon actually has diamonds that grow on its skin. Despite its intimidating size, it is an extremely friendly ally and a very dangerous enemy.
@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby rocklobster » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:29 pm

"Don't do anything until I say so, Streak. I'm the leader here." Voltage said.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:52 pm

OOC: Sure, since he was approved.

The streets of Chicago were rough, but nowhere near as violent and corrupt than the underground that existed. Gangsters and hitmen were known to plague the place, but it was rarely mentioned of the super villains that lived there. Fear was strong, so even the most deadly with their weapons kept silent about the operation. Amongst the narrow cornerways and stoned arches hid a secret gem of darkness: the hideout and main Kapoots headquarters. Here their leader resided and commanded destruction; he was known simply as "Lord Matter".

The don of mayhem was in his study, pondering over papers and schematics when he could feel a disturbance around him; the molecules in the air felt strange and out-of-place. A few of his henchmen came at his command.

"There is a woman sneaking around the front gate. Let her in and bring her to me."

--Conductor--

"What? Oh goodness! Chase, my boy, you must go! Bernard might need your help!"
Phantom_Sorano

Postby rocklobster » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:05 pm

ooc: Officer Sting, you get to make the first move. I'm assuming we have a fight here!

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby OfficerSting » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:14 pm

--Joseph--

The Orichalcum Man simply looked at Voltage.

"Voltage, what do you think of the war between the supers?"

--Chase--
My fly potion must've worn off by now. I gave my last one to the Orichalcum Man. Conductor, is there any way we can get to the milkshake shop in a quick fashion?
OfficerSting

Postby rocklobster » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:38 am

"I think it should stop." Voltage said. "Don't you realize if we keep fighting it will give the Kapoots the advantage? We need to get on the same page, despite our differences."
----------------
Phobos entered the Succesors HQ.
"Hello? I'm here to see the boss." she said warily.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Diamond Dragon » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:16 pm

Silver nodded silently. She agreed with Voltage completely.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:37 am

--Conductor--

"No...not that I know of....I can't move around at this state. Wait! I know! That red baton by the fireplace...use it. I have it programmed to have high sound control. You should be able to surf on it, but be careful, it's power is very short and sound waves are unsteady.

--Lord Matter--

OOC: I'm guessing the Kapoots here, Rockie-kun.

"Well well well. What do we have here? You must be the future girl....Joy isn't it? Well, it is a joy to have you here. What can I do for you?"
Phantom_Sorano

Postby rocklobster » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:12 pm

OOC: Edit that. He's not supposed to know Joy's from the future or her real name.
"I have a proposition for you, Lord Matter. I think it would be beneficial for me to join your team. I have begun to earn the trust of the other teams and they do not know my true objectives. Yet." said Phobos.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby OfficerSting » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:59 pm

--Joseph--
Joseph asked Voltage yet another question.

"Do you want to fight me for fueling this war?"

--Chase--
Chase took the baton from the fireplace.

"Just show me how to operate it, and I'll be on my way!"
OfficerSting

Postby rocklobster » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:02 pm

"Unless you think that's the only way to solve things, no." said Voltage. "The only reason I oppose your idea is I don't want history to repeat itself. The last time someone tried to separate from the union, you know what happenned. Do we really want to repeat that?"

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Diamond Dragon » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:52 pm

Silver stood silently nearby, ready to fight if need be.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:44 pm

OOC: Rockie, not editting. Matter has a rat whose been watching the Supers. >_<

--Conductor--

"It'll work as long as you concentrate on getting there and to a song...any song to carry you there. Please hurry, my friend, there isn't much time!"

With that, Anthony fell back onto the couch and into a deep sleep.

--Lord Matter--

"My my! Aren't we a little opinionated spitfire? Well, I don't need opinions around here; it's too much thought for a pretty gal such as yourself. I tell you what, sweetheart, I will let you in my organization on one condition. Bring me a captain. Successors...Red, White, and Blues...I have no preference....just bring me one. Alive is the best method. If you can do that, then'll we will talk. Until then, leave, for you are interrupting important business. Guards, please show her to the door."

Two hulky men draped in black lurched forward from the shadows, ready to obey their boss's commands.
Phantom_Sorano

Postby rocklobster » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:28 am

Phobos smirked. Time to show her intellect also applied to her fighting prowess. She knew myriad ways to incapcitate her opponents. She immediately grabbed one from behind and hooked her arms around his waist. Then she flung him backward two times, performing what is called in wresting a "german suplex". She then locked her legs with the mooks in a figure 4 leg lock.
--Voltage--
"Are we just going to stand around or what?" he asked.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby OfficerSting » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:44 am

--Joseph--
"I will not fight you," said Joseph.

"I just want to know one more thing: has Charlemagne been fighting alongside you? Answer honestly. You answer determines his fate."

--Chase--
Chase struggled with the baton as he surfed through the air, concentrating on a jazz song, like the Conductor instructed him.
OfficerSting

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:46 pm

--Whirlwind--

"Mr. Paladin has done quite well fighting Kapoots here, Joseph.", she said in reply as she swooped down from a nearby ledge.

"I couldn't help but overhear. Time has been kind to you, Joe. How's it been?", she said with an air of mock kindness and intrigue.
Phantom_Sorano

Previous Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying