***Code D.Floss***

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Postby Peanut » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:19 pm

Pascal (post: 1348740) wrote:I'm looking forward to it Peanut, maybe I can throw this thing together come this December :P.

-Pascal

No promises...but I'm hoping to actually get American Front posted this December...of course, I can't make any guarantees...
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby Dante » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:51 am

Better be after December, I'll be far too busy before then :P.
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Jingo Jaden » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:09 pm

I am willing to contribute if there is need for me.
Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Postby Dante » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:49 pm

Your daily dose of pro-Temulin propaganda... brought to you by the hat... and Pascal, who stole Temulin's character and is using her without permission on CNRP... if she doesn't like it she can join and declare war on me :P. But CNRP just needed more Temulin and more of Nations and States all together.

FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Dante » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:28 pm

Nobody likes my new drawing of Temulin?
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Kaligraphic » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:26 pm

I find it... strangely... inspiring... compelling... must... advance... communist... revolution...
The cake used to be a lie like you, but then it took a portal to the deception core.
Kaligraphic

Postby Jingo Jaden » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:41 am

Blargh, words and visions can be sold too cheaply. True despotic nature finds it required to offer anyone a chance of hard living or a more or less simple death. Everything is there for the take, you just have to earn it.

Jingo Jaden

Postby Dante » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:16 pm

Jaden... don't make me unleash the fangirls on you... You're being too serious.
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Jingo Jaden » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:49 am

The Joker has been serious himself. As noted in his original death. " That is not funny".

Fangirls are always serious.

Me? I am a bit here and there I guess.

Jingo Jaden

Postby Davidizer13 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:47 pm

Kaligraphic (post: 1350876) wrote:I find it... strangely... inspiring... compelling... must... advance... communist... revolution...

Need some more inspiration?
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby Jingo Jaden » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:07 pm

Jingo Jaden

Postby Dante » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:27 pm

FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby rocklobster » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:47 am

the new temulin propaganda is awesome.
*spits out mind-control pill"
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Dante » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:40 pm

O_O That pill takes several hours to take effect according to the directions and is really only a placebo... I'm impressed.
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Jingo Jaden » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:36 pm

It lives. :O

By jadenmental at 2009-12-06

Jingo Jaden

Postby Dante » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:32 pm

Good job JM!
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Jingo Jaden » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:14 am

Thanks, not nearly done with it though. XD

Jingo Jaden

Postby Dante » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:07 pm

So, I'm thinking of pushing for a new nations and states game generally without much of the technical stuff that impeded 2.0. I was wondering if I could get everyone's feedback on the idea as I've been throwing it around.

The RP would start on an island called Valhalla, I have a rough sketch drawn of it, but ultimately, this would just be a starting sketch (I'm not sure what it would end up looking like). The game storyline would center around several initial factors.

1) Each player takes the position of the ruler of their kingdom and controls of the subjects thereof. At the start, each player controls only that kingdom which essentially consists of one city and the small region around it. There are no official borders as the map of "how things are going" is mostly on the part of the players to produce. If you want your kingdom can "proclaim" certain areas as your own, but if you extend too far you might intrude on what others see as you kingdom and... well arrows may fly.

2) The entirety of the game stays in the medieval era with bows, arrows and swords. Kind of the romanticized version of King Arthur that we might enjoy. Characters may view something as mythical, but ultimately, we as players should remember that such things are simply a matter of their imagination a part of that characters world view and nothing more.

3) Take overs of neighboring kingdoms is allowed, but as noted, I'm not officially keeping score on some kind of chart. As noted in my ideas above, such matters should be worked out between players during the RP either before the battle begins or during if they can both agree to such things.

4) Even though you take over a territory, said individual will still hold an impressive amount of power there, so pushing your position might not be a good idea. The citizens might just kick you out and proclaim their old ruler or another member of the city as their new royalty.

5)Mostly though, the RP would be a way to set up an ancient world ripe with changes and new philosophies and turmoil, perfect to throw our characters be they noble or commoner into. There are exiles and outlaws, untamed forests and unclimbed cliffs in a world that is still unexplored and to the minds of it's inhabitants entirely magical. I've even considered setting up various pseudo-religious ideas to unify the various kingdoms and to give the game an interesting spiritual dynamic.

In any case though, I think it could provide an interesting regime to play within. We could even make it more or less imaginative by adding other elements of fantasy into the genre, but I don't think it should stray too afar afield so that all the players can gain a unified world view. Thoughts?
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Jingo Jaden » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:10 am

I would be up for an rp like that. However, it would be fun to start in a position whereas control over even the closest regions would be far from an easy conquest. Requiring unification, power policies and several factor like that to assert even some control over some regions. I want the factor of danger to be higher than ever on this rp and the requirements for a successful takeover of even a starting region to be quite demanding. The dukedom turmoils would be a good example of the kind of power-play that was going on and mix that with the dark ages and you got yourself a position which requires some very smooth unification in order to get power.

In other words, make the non-player elements quite difficult and the starting power very limited compared to other non-player surrounding areas.

Jingo Jaden

Postby Dante » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:37 am

That would be possible JM, but it does place some limitations on the starting history of said individual. Having a large NPC set of problems places many of the demands at the get-go on the GM and hence gives a lot of room for bad judgement. If I can, I'd prefer to go for a hands-off approach.
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Jingo Jaden » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:00 pm

Fair enough, but making approach necessary for results would be a good step. Throwing lances at airplanes tends to be a wrong warfare approach as does sending spear men after mounted cavalry archers.

Even though it is set to medival times, a bit of research options would be fun. Heck, could even throw in some large factor that prevents large-scale research, and anyone defying that would likely face some consequences. Having a spase collection of dukedoms/lords with power would grant a type of chaos that would be fruitful for the rpg. Plenty of things to think off, but we don't want it to get too advanced.

Jingo Jaden

Postby Dante » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:23 pm

Agreed, this period didn't enjoy the dark ages for nothing. Some research would certainly be necessary and any large scale research projects would be far more difficult then we tried back in 2.0. For one thing, one only has a kingdom to control and not a nation in a world where literacy alone would be considered a great achievement.

The lack of an internet as well also means that information gathering would be next to impossible. To say the least, we won't be leaving the time frame behind to space lasers (let alone blunderbuss) anytime soon during the game. As always though, some research into how real world tactics occurred will go a long way, but at the same time remember that your RP character doesn't have Wikipedia to learn these things and your kingdom might not have seen the face of war in a long time.
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Jingo Jaden » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:54 am

Civics research as well as codes of conduct/gathering of information is sure to take primary priority in terms of 'research'. Some weapons development is not to be unexpected either, but mostly, it will stay within a medieval frame.

That being said, feel free to post up a thread and get the ball rolling.

Jingo Jaden

Postby Peanut » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:04 pm

So last night I had a dream that Jaden PMed me in character as Ryuken claiming he was backstabbing me making me think of responses to his treacherous betrayal...as Chaos corrupted Peanut.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I may release the next chapter of the third Of Nations Tournament sometime this week...maybe...

Peanut

Postby Jingo Jaden » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:51 pm

Ryuken vs Peanut's imagination? God, I'd hate to see the final outcome of that......

Jingo Jaden

Postby Dante » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:00 am

Huzzah, the arrival of yet another N&S tournament has arrived...

Aviv: I here-by challenge the Invisible Hand! To a song writing contest making fun of their opponent!
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Peanut » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:29 am

Pascal (post: 1383951) wrote:Aviv: I here-by challenge the Invisible Hand! To a song writing contest making fun of their opponent!

I hear by declare myself the victor of this duel. A certain individual has already told me that my song, without being written or performed, is genius. Clearly I am the greatest composer to ever live since no one else has been able to do this. You gave it a good shot Pascal, but you just didn't stand a chance against my awesomeness and musical prowess.

Peanut

Postby Dante » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:07 pm

Aviv: I beg to differ! And as proof I present my assault! I present, with the aid of a local band of gypsies and the Silverwood Junior Symphony, performed by none other then Pascal himself! My retaliatory song! Turn up the volume for this one!

By: Peanut

Aviv: ^ Thatsa link ^_^

And for all the rest of you that want to sing along!

------------------------------------------

We we we we weeeee!

We. Are. The GREAT invisible hand,
and we're going to throw, our poo. At. YOU.

A great game of Go Fish,
is simply Kali's Corrupted wish.

When we meet in combat-
you will go SPLAT!

Dun dun.

(interlude)

Do you REALLY think you'll survive Lotan's spear
You don't seem to understand which league your in!

Our Spanish inquisition's,
the last thing you'll expect to appear!

Shall we play for you some comfy violins?!
Have some more cheese and crackers with your whine.

(interlude)

Now we're really getting rather mad!
You're like an ugly-puny-loony-little stray cat!

When we bore you to death, with all our gab,
we're going to do to you whoooo knows what...
(what?)
Don't ask what!
(but what?)
No buts!
(Gahhh!!!)
NO BUTS, THAT'S WHAAAAAAT!

(Interlude)

You cursed nekojin! Look what you've done!

We're failing! we're failing!
At life and everything!

Onward to the netherworld, the netherworld!
Who'd think that a cute little nekojin like you would surpass us!
We're fading! No! We're fading! Ahhhhhhh!

------------------------------------------

Aviv: Wait, who are you calling cute! Get back here that wasn't in the script! Hey!
-end transmission-
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Peanut » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:20 pm

I quote:

USSRgirl wrote:Pascal shared your ninja monkey poo song with me btw... genius.

In the words of Zarn Ishtare...I win.

Peanut

Postby Dante » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:54 pm

I-

Hah, well I've been found out, go imagine that! So I figure I must admit defeat to you Peanut. That was a great song and I've truly enjoyed it. That is really an impressive work of music whose power I could never surpass. In fact, it probably deserves a slight edit in the author! There we go.

Excellent work Peanut. I lose.

Aviv: And what about me?

Pascal: Back to singing school for you. One day, you might just surpass that.
FKA Pascal
Dante

Previous Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying