DBZ Funimation dub voice actor here. Hello!

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

DBZ Funimation dub voice actor here. Hello!

Postby kidwok » Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:47 am

Hello, I did 7 voices on the DragonBall Z Funimation dubs (Korin, Ox-King, Burter, Rings, Moori, Alien Announcer, and Grand Kai). If you have the VHS series, it's my voices on them.

I am currently touring as a celebrity guest at ComicCons throughout the U.S. Another Voice Actor from DBZ (cannot mention names here) I reunited with at a ComicCon said she would be interested in teaming up with me on a project.

Below is what I am looking for and if anyone can help point me in the right direction, I'd be grateful to this forum a million fold! I'll do a random giveaway here later (if allowed) to show my gratitude.

We would like to find a Christian based "mini-series" anime that has good moral advice and lessons for kids and teens, maybe 5 episodes max. The other mystery VA and I have been comparing our vocal dynamics finding we have the complete spectrum of female/male voices covered between the two of us to voice a whole project like this ourselves. We have the ability to voice record from our own studios.

What Christian anime companies do you know of that have a great reputation for putting out grade A material? Who should I start with?

Have a blessed week.
Mark KidWok Britten
kidwok

Re: DBZ Funimation dub voice actor here. Hello!

Postby shooraijin » Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:36 pm

Welcome. I'm not current on those kinds of series but hopefully some other members are.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Rose Faerie » Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:25 pm

Hello! It's nice to meet you! Welcome to CAA! I can't think of any anime (or companies) that meets your description, though. I'll keep a look out and let you know if I find anything.
Rose Faerie

Postby SilverToast » Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:25 pm

That is so cool that you voice acted for Dragon Ball Z english dub!

The Christian Broadcasting Network has worked with Tasunoko Productions to produce Super Book and The Flying House.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian ... ng_Network
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Flyin ... (TV_series)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superbook

This may be a direction you can look at.

Madhouse is a great high quality anime studio in my opinion.
SilverToast

Postby shooraijin » Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:31 am

Madhouse is certainly high quality art work (and being basically a schism from Mushi Pro, they've been in the business a long time). Their titles have not necessarily been all-ages, though.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Return to Who's Who