Newbie Here

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

Newbie Here

Postby Miyaya » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:47 pm

PLEASE tell me this site is still alive. I've been looking for a community like this for SO LONG

My name is Miya and I'm a huge anime nerd; mainly with Naruto, Hunter x Hunter and Aggretsuko. I've been a Christian for almost 12 years, and it has only recently been made known to me by my wonderful new mentor that I'm allowed to like anime as a Christian.

I spend a lot of time on sites like Tumblr and Deviantart, but the culture of those sites has been weighing me down, since there's little to no Christian presence when it comes to anime stuff. Please reach out if anyone still uses this site.
Miyaya

Re: Newbie Here

Postby shooraijin » Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:00 am

Yup, we're here. Sorry, I've been in and out over the holidays.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Kaori » Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:57 pm

Hello and welcome--glad you learned that it's okay for a Christian to like anime, and that you found us! :)

There's not a ton of activity these days, but please feel free to post as much as you like! The site could use some activity.
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Postby Sammy Boy » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:44 am

Hello there!

I check in like ... once a month, just in case, you know. :)
Sammy Boy

Will There Be Reviews for Newer Animes?

Postby MikaDD » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:57 am

I'm new here, so I honestly don't know how exactly everything works here, but I have a question. Will there be reviews for animes like Violet Evergarden, My Hero Academia, Her Lie in April, The Promised Neverland, and Glitter Force Doki Doki? I'm not saying I'd recommend any of these, I haven't even seen most of them, I just would like to know whether we'll get reviews for them. It would very helpful to have an idea of what's in them from a Christian point of view. Thank you.
MikaDD

Postby shooraijin » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:35 pm

Welcome! Please feel free to create your own introduction thread.

I'm not sure what we'll do with the official reviews section; I'd have to talk to Mithrandir about that. But anyone who has seen those shows is of course welcome to post their own (technically unofficial) opinions.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Rusty Claymore » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:07 pm

Welcome! Having just checked in after a long absence I can't make any promises, but post away and you might lure out a lurker or two!
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Return to Who's Who