I'm back. I don't even know how long it's been.

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

I'm back. I don't even know how long it's been.

Postby sailorsaturn » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:16 am

Hey!

It's been a really long time. I don't know if anyone remembers me; frankly, there are very few users that I myself remember... and I didn't look around first to see if they're still active.

I'm Sailor Saturn. I was here years and years ago. I was never extremely active... and for that matter probably won't be this time around either. I honestly don't know how long I'll stick around this time. Sorry. I know that makes me sound like an extreme flake, but I'm in a weird mood tonight.

I think the real reason I'm here is because I'm looking for a community... let me tell you about myself. Don't worry, it's not a sob story.

I'm studying to be a missionary! If you had told that to the younger version of me who originally signed up to this place, she probably would have... Well, I don't know. I was in extreme denial about things back then. But yeah, school is long. I don't go full time and I'm not a traditional student. Many mission agencies won't send you overseas if you have outstanding debts tethering you to the states (or whatever country really). Also, between high school and college, I worked in a law office that handled a lot of debt collections and it put a really bad taste for debt in my mouth. So, combine those two and I decided get through school debt free. So I don't take full course loads, and I work so that I can pay as I go. And believe me, during the school year the amount of hours I spend a day working and studying can become completely unhealthy. It's Summer now and sense there were no Summer classes offered that I needed I'm catching up on a lot of sleep. (And reading.... And anime, who am I kidding?)

But because I've chosen to take the long way through school, I've seen a lot of my friends graduate and move on. I think that when this last semester wrapped up, so did my time with most of my college connections. My friends at school are scattered across the world, and my friends at church have scattered, either because they were school friends also, or their careers just took them other places. I have work friends. Like I said, this isn't a sob story; I'm not dying of loneliness over here. But I don't work in a christian environment. I have two christian coworkers. One I never see because he has a second job that limits his availability, and the second has left town for the Summer. (He goes to the same school as me, but unlike me, he lives in the dorms.) I also have a really awesome roommate who is my best friend (honestly, she's the best friend I've ever had.) She's planning on being a missionary too. She's out of school and is currently in contact with OMF to go overseas in about a year and a half.

That's playing into the weird mood I'm in tonight. With almost all of my christian friends gone for the summer, and very few of them coming back, and knowing that my best friend will be gone for good soon, and not getting to spend a lot of time with her now because our work schedules keep conflicting... I guess I'm not lonely in the traditional sense (because again, I love my work friends)... but I'm wanting a Christian community.... I'm sure there's an irony in there considering this is all coming from the aspiring missionary!

So hello! I guess if I had to take a guess, considering what I just learned about myself from typing out the above, I'll probably be here for the Summer. (Before I drown in school work.) It's nice to meet you. Go ahead and pepper me with questions, they make good icebreakers.
sailorsaturn

Re: I'm back. I don't even know how long it's been.

Postby shooraijin » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:54 am

Welcome back. Where are you thinking of going to?
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Re: I'm back. I don't even know how long it's been.

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:36 pm

This is super late and you may be long gone, but here goes!

I think we met, though you might not remember. I definitely remember seeing some of your posts around. I'm glad you decided to drop by again! Sorry the sight isn't as active as it used to be.

As a fellow aspiring missionary, I can relate to a LOT of what you've said. (Seriously, it's kind of weird how much I can relate to.) I hope you get a chance to read this and know that there's someone here you can talk to if you need to! If not, I hope you've found a Christian community elsewhere!
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Return to Who's Who