Stanley Cup

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Stanley Cup

Postby Kisa » Mon May 24, 2004 6:39 pm

Ok ok, who is watching it and who wants who to win?
I personally am sad htat the Flyers clutched, yet again, but o well . . .
:drool:
it should be an interesting game series. I mean, a team from hot sunny Fla vs a team from cold Canada! lol
:dizzy:
I guess I am going for Tampa so that only the best beat the Flyers!
:sweat:
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby the_lizardqueen » Mon May 31, 2004 7:40 pm

*lol* The whole cold climate/hot climate thing never occured to me before, though we do actually get summer up here in AB (then again, it was -40 degrees celsius back in January.. *shivers*). I'm most definitely siding with the Flames, since I'm Albertan and all. Go Flames Go!!!
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby Technomancer » Mon May 31, 2004 8:00 pm

Flames all the way. The idea of playing hockey in Florida is absurd.
The scientific method," Thomas Henry Huxley once wrote, "is nothing but the normal working of the human mind." That is to say, when the mind is working; that is to say further, when it is engaged in corrrecting its mistakes. Taking this point of view, we may conclude that science is not physics, biology, or chemistry—is not even a "subject"—but a moral imperative drawn from a larger narrative whose purpose is to give perspective, balance, and humility to learning.

Neil Postman
(The End of Education)

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge

Isaac Aasimov
Technomancer

Absurd can be good sometimes....

Postby Omega Amen » Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:58 am

Technomancer wrote:The idea of playing hockey in Florida is absurd.
It may be absurd, but the reality is a Florida team has reached the finals and are competing for the championship.

And also, this Florida resident (me) is sitting in nearly 100 degree Fahrenheit, humid, sunny, beach weather and cheering Tampa Bay to win it all. That might be the most absurd sight for any hockey fan, but that is also reality.

Oh well, I like the idea of an NHL hockey championship team in Florida, being a Florida resident and a person who occasionally likes irony.

So.... Go Lightning.
Find me on Steam, PlayStation Network (OmegaAmen), Backloggery, Twitter, and Twitch.tv

I am also in the Christian gaming group, Tribe of Judah in the Christian Gamers Alliance.
Omega Amen

Postby the_lizardqueen » Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:51 pm

*is currently watching game 5 go into overtime* ACK! I can't take much more of this!!
the_lizardqueen

Postby Omega Amen » Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:58 am

I must state that I am very pleased with how this Stanley Cup series turned out. It looked like Calgary and Tampa Bay were evenly matched teams that really played their hearts out. This was very entertaining.

Of course, being a Florida resident, I must state that I am very pleased with the result: Tampa Bay winning the Stanley Cup.

Ahhh, the Stanley Cup is getting a tan this time around.
Find me on Steam, PlayStation Network (OmegaAmen), Backloggery, Twitter, and Twitch.tv

I am also in the Christian gaming group, Tribe of Judah in the Christian Gamers Alliance.
Omega Amen

Postby Saint Kevin » Tue Jun 08, 2004 2:48 pm

I'm just glad Andrechuk (sp?) finally won a cup after all these years. Good for him. Now for Malone to win a championship for the Lakers one with the Lakers...yeah right, Go Pistons!
Our lives are but a vapor, let us not let waste our time and breath on vanities, but let us spend ourselves for the Kingdom, seeking a better resurrection.

Preaching the Bad News

My Live Journal
Saint Kevin

Postby Technomancer » Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:42 am

At least it wasn't the Mighty Ducks winning Lord Stanley's Cup.
The scientific method," Thomas Henry Huxley once wrote, "is nothing but the normal working of the human mind." That is to say, when the mind is working; that is to say further, when it is engaged in corrrecting its mistakes. Taking this point of view, we may conclude that science is not physics, biology, or chemistry—is not even a "subject"—but a moral imperative drawn from a larger narrative whose purpose is to give perspective, balance, and humility to learning.

Neil Postman
(The End of Education)

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge

Isaac Aasimov
Technomancer

Postby jonman » Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:22 am

the stanly cup was so cool man i wish there were some fights but it was the BIG game. it was close
MY webpage!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
MY BAND!!! :rock: :rock: :rock:
Knight of C.A.A

"To Protect, To Serve, To Anime!"
jonman

Return to General Entertainment