Anyone else have a team left in the playoffs?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Anyone else have a team left in the playoffs?

Postby Saint Kevin » Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:46 pm

I have three, but they're all losing. Grr, I already typed this thread (which included a summary of last night's game 4 between the nuggets and T'wolves that I went to at the Pepsi Center last night) but this time I'm just gonna keep it short.

My teams:

Denver Nuggets (Down 3-1 to the Minnesota Timberwolves)
Detroit Red Wings (Down 2-1 against the Calgary Flames)
Colorado Avalanche (Down 3-0 against the San Jose Sharks)

Anyone else got a team left to root for this time of year?
Our lives are but a vapor, let us not let waste our time and breath on vanities, but let us spend ourselves for the Kingdom, seeking a better resurrection.

Preaching the Bad News

My Live Journal
Saint Kevin

Postby Zedian » Sat May 01, 2004 10:54 pm

Um...in basketball I still got the Sacramento Kings. Oh and the Avalanche like you stated before me. Though they are barely clinging on to their dear life.
Zedian

Postby Saint Kevin » Sun May 16, 2004 9:25 pm

An Avalanche fan in Texas? Did you move from Colorado, or do you just like the team.

P.S. Now that those 3 are gone...I'm on the Pistons bandwagon. But since that's my Dad's team, I'm not entirely clueless as to who the players are. Go Pistons!
Our lives are but a vapor, let us not let waste our time and breath on vanities, but let us spend ourselves for the Kingdom, seeking a better resurrection.

Preaching the Bad News

My Live Journal
Saint Kevin

Postby shooraijin » Sun May 16, 2004 10:12 pm

Da Lakers, but mostly because of Karl Malone (I was nicknamed the Mailman at summer camp, though for an entirely different reason) and Phil Jackson (although I'm rather distressed by his Zen beliefs, he's a darn good coach).
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby PreventerWind » Wed May 19, 2004 12:48 pm

I live about a half-an-hour south of Sacramento so, yeah, I'm a big Kings fan. Hopefully they'll still be around to root for after tonight!

:shake:
PreventerWind

Postby Kokhiri Sojourn » Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:04 pm

Yeah, mine are gone, and especially my hometown team, the San Antonio Spurs, who went down pathetically to the Lakers. I guess you can't get 'em every year. :shady:
Kokhiri Sojourn

Postby Saint Kevin » Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:20 pm

I think Phil Jackson gets way too much credit. Much of the team's success is due to the raw talent they have (and the depth). I'm rooting for Malone as well, but if the lakers face the Pistons, I'll probably root for the Pistons.

The thing that still stuns me about this year's playoffs has to do with the NHL. The Stanley Cup Finalists (neither the Flames, nor the Lightning) are in the top 16 for team payroll in the league. Just goes to show you that timely goaltending and team chemistry are often way more important than pure talent.

Preaching the Bad News

My Live Journal
Saint Kevin

Return to General Entertainment