Awesome King Kong News!

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Awesome King Kong News!

Postby Link Antilles » Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:58 pm

You'll never guess who's starring in Peter Jackson's upcoming remake of King Kong.

See, I knew you'd never guess. The man starring as Carl Denham will be none other than!...

Jack Black, ladies and gentlemen! Easily one of the weirdest casting decisions ever but I think it could really rock! I mean, it's good 'ol Mr. Peter Jackson...... he knows what he's doing..... right?
Link Antilles

Postby inkjet1987 » Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:33 pm

I heard that on some radio station. Pretty wierd, but it might be cool. Who knows?
inkjet1987

Postby Bobtheduck » Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:13 am

Did you hear that *gasp* minutes ago? Hehehe... (check the date, if you're in teh US)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby SwordSkill » Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:03 am

Jack Black? XD Um, okay, I'll bite. Besides, I love the guitar (dunno what that has got to do with King Kong, but never mind).
*Insert witty saying here*
SwordSkill

Postby JediSonic » Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:08 am

lol no the guitar is from another one of his recent movies, School of Rock, although I myself haven't seen that yet. He looks just about crazy enough to play king kong though :)

I read about that in yesterdays paper; they had a picture of him wearing these dark glasses that made him look strangely gorrilla-like :lol:
JediSonic

Postby cbwing0 » Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:14 am

I heard about this last night. It is an interesting decision, but I can see how it would work.
cbwing0

Postby Link Antilles » Thu Apr 01, 2004 2:02 pm

Bobtheduck wrote:Did you hear that *gasp* minutes ago? Hehehe... (check the date, if you're in teh US)

Nope, it's true..... announced the 30th and if it was a April fools... I'm two minutes early.... :P
http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Movies/03/30/film.kingkong.reut/

Yet, I'm starting to think about it.... ...I don't know o_o. That casting decision reminds me of the rumors of Ashton Kutcher playing Batman. I can't picture Jack Black in a serious role. It may be possible, but it's certainly not his "cool factor" that will make him believable in this particular role. 1930 setting, remember? He better be ready for that; this might very well be his toughest role to date, and I will remain skeptic until I see some proof that he's capable of handling that. We'll see....
Link Antilles

Return to General Entertainment