Favorite Childhood Movies

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Favorite Childhood Movies

Postby greyscale42 » Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:17 pm

What movies did you guys like when you were kids?(not necessarily anime) :)

Heres a few of mine:
Nightmare Before Christmas
Batman
Batman Returns
The Shadow
Flight of Dragons
The Last Starfighter
Labyrinth
Explorers
Journey to the Center of the Earth
The Dark Crystal
greyscale42

Postby DrNic » Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:25 pm

Lol, this is an interesting idea. Umm...let me think...

The Never Ending Story
Jason and the Argonauts
Who Framed Roger Rabbit
Jumangi
Toy Story
Jurassic Park

Can't think of many others (or the ones I can think of don't really stand out). Such a long time ago...
Take me

Far from all that's wrong and...
Let these

Fears collapse inside

Take me

Back to when i...

Believed

Bloodless by Emery

Come visit the free state of Non-1000: Home of the Special Uber Elite (and try the burgers :P)

There's this dude named DrNic,
If you forget him, he'll get ticked! - By CobaltAngel

:grin: :dance: :grin: :dance: :grin: :dance: :grin: :dance: :grin:
DrNic

Postby Mangafanatic » Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:30 pm

Oh, let's see--

The Secret of Nihm,
Little Nemo,
Rose Pedal Place,
and the Neverending Story.

There are more but they're not coming to mind right now.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Danyasaur » Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:44 pm

uhhhhhh, kay

Jumanji,
Toy Story,
Pochahontas *I so speeled the wrong*,
Pecos Bill,
The Lion King,
Milo and oatis,
and Swan Princess

there's more, but I can't think right now ^____^
[color="DimGray"]I don't believe that I would die if I saw you face to face;
but that my spirit would become so alive it took my body's place.

- Danya[/color]
Danyasaur

Postby Hitokiri » Wed Mar 31, 2004 2:01 pm

Dumbo
Lady and the Tramp
Little Nemo
Bambi
Rescur's Down Under
Phival Goes West
Toy Story ( i was young but not hat much young)
Little Mermaid (yes I did watch that, even though im a guy)
Hitokiri

Postby Technomancer » Wed Mar 31, 2004 2:02 pm

The Lord of the Rings (pt 1., pt 2 was never made)
The Hobbit
Dunderklumpen
Various Pippi Longstocking movies
The Secret of NIMH
Explorers
Star Wars
The scientific method," Thomas Henry Huxley once wrote, "is nothing but the normal working of the human mind." That is to say, when the mind is working; that is to say further, when it is engaged in corrrecting its mistakes. Taking this point of view, we may conclude that science is not physics, biology, or chemistry—is not even a "subject"—but a moral imperative drawn from a larger narrative whose purpose is to give perspective, balance, and humility to learning.

Neil Postman
(The End of Education)

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge

Isaac Aasimov
Technomancer

Postby Bobtheduck » Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:24 pm

No offense, but shouldn't this be in "In the Spotlight"?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby ThaKladd » Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:28 pm

yea
pippi longstocking(!!) was one of my favorites when I was younger :)

other:
Jumanji!!
Narnia movies
Disney movies
Jungelbook
Star Wars
Neverending stories
MacGyver
The Mighty Ducks
.... and Walker Texas Ranger :P
We in our foolishness thought we were wise
He played the fool and He opened our eyes
We in our weakness believed we were strong
He became helpless to show we were wrong
- Michael Card
ThaKladd

Postby Fsiphskilm » Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:38 pm

It's all abou
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby cbwing0 » Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:51 pm

My favorite childhood movies (not a lot of new titles, since you guys have good taste ;) ):

The Neverending Story 1+2
Jumanji
Mortal Kombat
Transformers: The Movie
Batman: Return of the Joker (ok, so I wasn't a kid when I saw it, but still... :P )
Return to Oz
Star Wars
The Mighty Ducks
Milo and Otis
Batman Forever (I would include the first two, but this one was more of a kids' film than the Tim Burton stuff)

On a related note...I won the Neverending Story 1 and 2 on last night on Ebay. :lol:
cbwing0

Postby glitch1501 » Wed Mar 31, 2004 5:06 pm

the neverending story 1+2
jumanji
tall tales
volcano
disney movies

all i can remember

Glitch's Photostream

He wants them to learn to walk and must therefore take away His hand; and if only the will to walk is really there, He is pleased even with their stumbles.

Healing hands of God have mercy on our unclean souls
once again. Jesus Christ, Light of the World, burning
bright within our hearts forever. Freedom means love
without condition, without beginning or an end. Here's
my heart, let it be forever Yours, only You can make
every new day seem so new.
Every New Day - On Distant Shores - Five Iron Frenzy

Nail pierced hands they run with blood
A splitting brow forced by the thorns
His face is writhing with the pain yet it's comforting to me
Passion - Kutless
:thumb:
glitch1501

Postby madphilb » Wed Mar 31, 2004 5:10 pm

Older guy here.... let's see.... (and some of these go into my early teens as well)

Star wars (the original)
Tron
Goonies
The Black Hole
Return from Witch Mountain
Any of the Godzilla movies, esp. with Mothra (they where shown on Saturdays)
Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind

I know there are others, maybe I'll post again later or edit if I think of them (then again, I didn't have movie access quite as much back then as we do now... we had a Beta video recorder and only owned 1 offical tape, everything else was taped off HBO or Prism)
PHIL

Member of P.I.E. -- Pictures of Inkhana for Everyone!! Join the fight!!
madphilb

Postby Link Antilles » Wed Mar 31, 2004 5:45 pm

Hmmm... time for some spelunking in the back of my mind....

Classic Star Wars - as if you guys didn't already know
The Black Hole - that creeped me out, lol
Transformers: The movie
Goonies
Secret of Nimh
The Neverending story
Indiana Jones
The Ewok movies - ^^ lol
Jurassic Park
The Batman Movies

... it's such a blurr.... so many video games....
Link Antilles

Midget Ninja Slash!

Postby TwilightApostle » Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:02 pm

You guys have named some of my personal favorite movies of all time. I didn't know anyone else liked The Last Starfighter. I even bought the game. The terrible, terrible game.

Twilight Apostle
-The Last Barfighter.-
TwilightApostle

Postby Zedian » Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:08 pm

That Transformers movie really freaked me out when I watched it, Optimus Prime going down like that was damaging to an eight year old. Ah well, Hot Rod was better anyways. I really got a kick out of those Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle movies -- especially the second one with Vanilla Ice in it. Hahaha that song was dope.

The Star Wars films, Goonies and Neverending Story stuck in my head for weeks at a time too. I think I saw the Star Wars flicks more than my health asked for.
Zedian

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:13 pm

The Neverending Story (hmm, I notice this one keeps popping up)
The Wizard of Oz
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
The Muppet Movie, The Great Muppet Caper, The Muppets Take Manhattan
The Jungle Book (the animated Disney one, not the live action one)
Ghostbusters I & II
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Whip it good. Whip it, I said!

Postby TwilightApostle » Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:23 pm

FUN FACT: I just put up a post with nothing in it!

Anyways I just remembered another movie from the depths of obscurity. The He-Man Movie! It was ridiculous, but there was one part that stuck out in my head: when the Masters of the Universe discover fried chicken!

Twilight Apostle
-No lie, He Man's face when he first eats the chicken is priceless. Maybe it's because he's finally realizing that he's the film version of a train wreck.-
TwilightApostle

Postby JediSonic » Wed Mar 31, 2004 7:16 pm

Wow... straylight would never forgive me if I posted ALL my favorite childhood movies :sweat:

Basically I lived in a house where disney was the #1 supplier of kid's movies.

The 2 funniest disney movies ever, IMO, are the Emporer's new groove, and finding nemo. My all-time favorite funny/cool combo is probably Pirates of the Carribbean (I've seen it more than 3 times now and I still like it.. that says something)

Also, I have been a big starwars fan since I was young :)

The only classical music I've ever fallen in love with is John Willaims, and the soundtracks to Pirates' and LOTR.

LOTR is cool too :)

If seem to be going on and off topic and back again its because this whole thing is a bit confusing to me as I am what some people would consider still a kid :sweat:

Milo and Otis is very cute too! Favorite song from that movie: "Here comes the dog!" Not sure if anyone remembers otis singing that when he falls in a hole lol

The lion king and toy story are some other really good disney films...

Movies that frighten me to no end: The Black Hole [that soundtrack is creepy too]; Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory [the oompaloopmas are like pure evil manifesting itself in the bodies of migit carrots that the carrot processing facility threw into the trash and has been sitting there for weeks]; The Wiggles; Barney
JediSonic

Postby Mangafanatic » Wed Mar 31, 2004 7:44 pm

Technomancer wrote:The Secret of NIMH

I just wonder about your capitalization of the word Nimh? Dare it be an attempt to correct my original misspelling? *raises fists defensively* Oh, it's on!!!
:lol:
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby CDLviking » Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:34 pm

NIMH is an acronym so it is correct. I forget what it stands for.
CDLviking

Postby skynes » Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:06 am

Transformers movie, Transformers movie... and umm.... Transformers movie!
I am the Reaper of Souls... and it's harvest time.

skynes

Postby Zilch » Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:49 am

The Hobbit...and that's all I can think of...
Uh-oh! Your sig have started to move! -- MOES.

I suppose you could find females attracted to you if you stop being bad at flirting. -MSP
Zilch

Postby Spirit_Wolf8356 » Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:37 am

I am a Disney movie freak. Most of the old Disney movies I saw when I was little have stayed my faves.

Beauty and the Beast
Alladin
The Little Mermaid
Cinderella
The Black Stallion (not Disney, but...meh...lol)
Anastasia (also not Disney....I'd give her a ha! and a hyah! and I'd kick 'er sir.)

The choice has been made. There's no looking back. I won't let up, back up, give up, or shut up. My focus clear. My path is straight. My God, reliable. I'm a disciple of Christ.

Gods plan is like the sun. its too big and bright to look at directly, and sometimes the rain clouds cover it, but sometimes the plan dapples through the clouds and we can see beautiful glimpses of what he has in store for us.
Spirit_Wolf8356

Postby kaji » Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:26 am

When I was a younger kid, I used to always watch Space Balls. I remember when it was on HBO for like a month. My brother and I would get up every morning and watch it about 4 times a day. Those were the days……..

My favorite Disney movie was always Sleeping Beauty. I liked it because the prince wasn’t just some bone head who is the object of the princesses’ affections. He actually has a personality and is even the main character in the later half of the movie. (what was his name anyway?????)
Depend on it. God's work done in God's way will never lack God's supply. He is too wise a God to frustrate His purposes for lack of funds, and He can just as easily supply them ahead of time as afterwards, and He much prefers doing so.
- J. Hudson Taylor
I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?" "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet. You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times." It was all true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach. He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kaji

Postby CDLviking » Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:37 pm

kaji wrote:When I was a younger kid, I used to always watch Space Balls. I remember when it was on HBO for like a month. My brother and I would get up every morning and watch it about 4 times a day. Those were the days……..

Me and my brother used to do the exact same thing, but we had it on tape, so we would just rewind it and watch it again. Too bad there weren't DVDs back then, it would have saved us a lot of trouble. My brother and I watched it so much that we could actually do a two man performance of it, we had every line memerized. :sweat:
CDLviking

Postby YesIExist » Thu Apr 01, 2004 2:29 pm

I remember liking Mary Poppins when I was in first grade. I guess it had to do with the little tricks she did.
Idle hands are indeed the devil's playground. -_- :bang:
YesIExist

Postby blueraven » Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:40 pm

Many, there are so many of them. And many of them I have forgotten about until reading though some of these posts.

The Dark Crystal
Nightmare Before Christmas
The Never Ending Story
The Secret of Nimh (I could never remember the name of this one but as soon as I saw the title I knew what it was ^^; )
Milo and Otis (*waves the tape around* Anyone wanna watch?!)
Goonies (mum still has me watch this with her whenever its on)
Once Upon a Time (I think thats the title- it'll be incorrect if there weren't any mice in it)
the Phival movies (is that really how you spell that? *shrug* who knew ... well, I probally should of, I use to collect the cards when I was little)
"Tell me not, in mournful numbers,
Life is but an empty dream!
For the soul is dead that slumbers,
and things are not what they seem.
Life is real! Life is earnest!
And the grave is not its goal;
Dust thou art; to dust returnest,
Was not spoken of the soul."
-Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
blueraven

Postby ShiroiHikari » Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:11 pm

" wrote:My favorite Disney movie was always Sleeping Beauty. I liked it because the prince wasn’t just some bone head who is the object of the princesses’ affections. He actually has a personality and is even the main character in the later half of the movie. (what was his name anyway?????)

Ooh, ooh, I love that movie! His name was Prince Phillip ;]

Some of my other faves...

· An American Tail
· The Land Before Time
· Disney's Pinocchio
· Disney's Robin Hood
· Disney's Cinderella
· The Little Mermaid (I was -obsessed-)
· The Lion King
· Beauty and the Beast
· Aladdin
· Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
· The Wizard of Oz
· The Neverending Story
· Milo and Otis
· The Dark Crystal (haven't seen this in FOREVER.)
· The Muppets Take Manhattan
· Mary Poppins
· Back to the Future ( ^___^; )
· Hook

...geez, that was a long list. o___O

Edit: BTW, thread moved to proper forum. ^_^
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Gypsy » Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:14 pm

*laughs* Wow ... just ditto to everything ShiroiHikari said.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Stephen » Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:07 pm

Childhood movies...hmm...

Charletts Web (I guess from what my mom says I used to cry when i watched that lol)

Garfield movies...I used to rent them from a local libary...dang I loved those things.

Starwars

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

GI Joe

Um....trying to remember others....I know at some point in my youth...(big shocker here) my brother got me watching horror flicks....
Stephen

Next

Return to General Entertainment