Favorite Film Trilogy or Series

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Favorite Film Trilogy or Series

Postby Haibane Shadsie » Tue Mar 30, 2004 6:44 am

Has this been done before?

Anyway, I posted this topic on another board to liven it up. There are many cool film trilogies and series out there... The Matrix Trilogy, the original Star Wars Trilogy, The Lord of the Rings, the Indiana Jones films...

I've decided that my favorite movie trilogy/series is the Back to the Future Trilogy.

I would have said The Lord of the Rings if it weren't based on books I liked slightly better. I think the films were marvelous, but I had read the books first and had fallen in love with the books before the movies came out.

Anyway, besides just being film (I don't think BttF is book based, anyway), Back to the Future is just fun. It's got comedy, adventure, sci-fi! Just plain fun to watch. I also like 80s pop culture, so it's fun to watch all the 1985 stuff.
"We will never give up and despair, for we are on a mission from God." __ Hellsing, Vol. 2.
Haibane Shadsie

Postby cbwing0 » Tue Mar 30, 2004 6:56 am

My favorite trilogy is the Lord of the Rings trilogy, although I haven't read the books. My second favorite is the Indiana Jones trilogy (the Temple of Doom being my favorite, but I admit that the Last Crusade is a better film in objective terms :P ).
cbwing0

Postby blueraven » Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:08 am

I can't say I really have a favorite. But I'm not much into movies but all the same as you both have said before Indiana Jones is very good- besides my dad's old westerns its what we always watch together. So thats always a plus. I wouldn't say LotR because it is based on the books and even though I don't care for LotR in general the books are and will always be better :thumb:
"Tell me not, in mournful numbers,
Life is but an empty dream!
For the soul is dead that slumbers,
and things are not what they seem.
Life is real! Life is earnest!
And the grave is not its goal;
Dust thou art; to dust returnest,
Was not spoken of the soul."
-Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
blueraven

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:46 am

· LOTR
· Back to the Future ("hello McFly, anybody home? *bonk bonk bonk*")
· Star Wars :D
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:03 am

Star Wars.
LotR.
. . . I'm not sure what the last one would be.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Mar 30, 2004 10:03 am

I must give Lord of the Rings my first place award... the movies were simply so epic in scope. And while they weren't faithful to the books (though we've seen far worse), they were pretty good, and had some great moments. For example: when they first come to the top of the rise and see Minas Tirith... amazing.

Also, the Matrix Trilogy receives a nod in my book. Yes, many people didn't like the second two, and yes many people were annoyed by the fight sequences. But I enjoyed the latter, and the first was still classic.
uc pseudonym

Postby DrNic » Tue Mar 30, 2004 12:26 pm

- LOTR (I bet that 90% of people will choose this, lol)
- Friday the 13th
- ALIEN
- All Mike Myres films (apart from maybe Cat in the Hat, that looks REALLY bad!)
Take me

Far from all that's wrong and...
Let these

Fears collapse inside

Take me

Back to when i...

Believed

Bloodless by Emery

Come visit the free state of Non-1000: Home of the Special Uber Elite (and try the burgers :P)

There's this dude named DrNic,
If you forget him, he'll get ticked! - By CobaltAngel

:grin: :dance: :grin: :dance: :grin: :dance: :grin: :dance: :grin:
DrNic

Postby CDLviking » Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:52 pm

The Sanjuoro (sp?) trilogy by Akira Kurosawa, which was the basis for the Man with No Name trilogy by Clint Eastwood.
CDLviking

Postby Gypsy » Tue Mar 30, 2004 3:16 pm

Well, LOTR was incredible ... but I have another fav trilogy (aside from Star Wars, which is not really a trilogy any longer :sweat: )

The Karate Kid trilogy - like Haibane Shadsie, I get the biggest kick out of 80s movies. (Well, 80s ... early 90s.) There's something about them that makes me smile.

Also the Mighty Ducks trilogy.

As you can see, I'm a sucker for underdog-team-goes-champion stories. ;)
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Bobtheduck » Tue Mar 30, 2004 3:59 pm

Lord of the Rings
Back to the Future
Alien Quadrology
Lone Wolf & Cub
Matrix (though I haven't seen Revolutions or about half the animatrix)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Link Antilles » Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:05 pm

The Classic Star Wars - timeless favorite... I grew up with Star Wars
Lord of the Ring - Wow
Indian Jones - I've got the theme stuck in my head.

I like the first Matrix movie and the action scenes of the other two.
Link Antilles

Postby Ashley » Tue Mar 30, 2004 6:27 pm

Indiana Jones is the first thing that comes to mind... simply because I am and always will be an Indiana fan girl. Although this is a hard question for me. I also really love:
Star Wars because c'mon guys, it's Star Wars! It's that galaxy far, far away everyone loves to love.
Back to the Future because it's the first "real" trilogy I saw--i.e. the second movie picks up EXACTLY where the first stopped, the third picks up precisely where the second stopped, etc. And the plot line was spectacular.
Lord of the Rings because I fell in love with this fantastic world. All the plot and the beautifully designed scapes...it was just awesome. Plus, I never read the books so it was nothing to "taint" my vision so to speak.
Ashley

Postby Spiritsword » Tue Mar 30, 2004 6:49 pm

Yay Indy! :jump:

The original Star Wars Trilogy is my favorite, closely followed by the Indiana Jones Trilogy.
Spiritsword

Postby ThaKladd » Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:58 am

Awww.. why is it always so hard to choose?... all of the mentioned triologies are great.. the most of the triologies I've seen is great!!

my favorite is Matrix, but the best one I think is Lotr. :grin:

I remember I saw the mighty ducks, they where funny :)

Noone has mentioned the "3 ninja kids"(I dont remember the exact title...), Teenage mutant ninja turtels, Lion king.... Godfather, Die Hard, Mortal Combat, Scream... American Pie(bad), Scary movie(bad)... Taxi...

but many of them are not made to be triologies althogh there are 3 movies of each....???
We in our foolishness thought we were wise
He played the fool and He opened our eyes
We in our weakness believed we were strong
He became helpless to show we were wrong
- Michael Card
ThaKladd

Postby SManBeyond » Wed Mar 31, 2004 4:08 am

Lord of the Rings is my favorite trilogy, hands down. The movies did a good job capturing the imaginative world of Middle Earth, the actors were well picked, the music was incredible...I think I could go on and on about this trilogy. I look forward to when all three extended DVDs are put in one set, and thus I'll be able to have a day in which I can watch approximately 12 hours of LOTR.

There's another famous movie trilogy called the Three Colors Trilogy (three movies: Red, White and Blue) which I want to see because they are supposedly great movies and work well as a trilogy.
"Love means to love that which is unlovable; or it is no virtue at all." G. K. Chesterton

Founder of S.T.R.A.W.B.E.R.R.Y. R.H.U.B.A.R.B. P.I.E.

[url=smanbeyond.blogspot.com]My Blog[/url]
SManBeyond

Postby DrNic » Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:06 pm

Mortal Combat

Not a good film (haven't seen the sequals and I'm kinda reluctant to, lol)
Take me

Far from all that's wrong and...
Let these

Fears collapse inside

Take me

Back to when i...

Believed

Bloodless by Emery

Come visit the free state of Non-1000: Home of the Special Uber Elite (and try the burgers :P)

There's this dude named DrNic,
If you forget him, he'll get ticked! - By CobaltAngel

:grin: :dance: :grin: :dance: :grin: :dance: :grin: :dance: :grin:
DrNic

Postby cbwing0 » Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:38 pm

DrNic wrote:Not a good film (haven't seen the sequals and I'm kinda reluctant to, lol)

The first one is actually pretty good, although the sequels are garbage.
cbwing0

Postby madphilb » Wed Mar 31, 2004 5:13 pm

I'd have to put a vote in for the Star Trek Motion Picture series, but only the Even numbered ones, the Odd numbered ones where not as good.

Indy, Star Wars, and Back to the Future would be the others I'd add.

Throw in the Bond series, most of them are pretty good too (though maybe a bit morally dubious ;) )
PHIL

Member of P.I.E. -- Pictures of Inkhana for Everyone!! Join the fight!!
madphilb

Postby greyscale42 » Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:47 pm

Either The Star Wars Trilogy or the Lord of the Rings Trilogy I CANT DECIDE AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!
greyscale42

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Apr 11, 2004 3:29 pm

I'm doing my best to take my sister through the Lord of the Rings trilogy (the movies, she read the books long ago). Because she was 12 when the first movie came out, she never saw the Fellowship of the Ring, which meant she couldn't see them with the rest of our family. Now she's playing catchup. She saw the Two Towers last Friday, though with a great deal of noise in the background...
uc pseudonym

Postby SwordSkill » Mon Apr 12, 2004 4:22 am

LOTR and SW. :thumb:
*Insert witty saying here*
SwordSkill

Postby Lightbringer » Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:40 am

Im saying star wars, LOTRs was good, but i dont think it has anywhere near the reply value of episodes 4-6. but hey thats me

Lightbringer // Aaron
Lightbringer // Aaron

Image Image
Join up! Darklight-The Chronicles of Tairis epic RPG
http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=5233
Lightbringer

Return to General Entertainment