NCAA Basketball Tournament 2004

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

NCAA Basketball Tournament 2004

Postby Omega Amen » Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:17 pm

I get the feeling that I might be the only enthusiastic basketball fan here... but I will give this a shot.

Is anyone keeping tabs on this year's tournament? Does anyone have a team they are cheering for?

One of my teams, Florida, has already lost in a upset.... But I got Georgia Tech to still cheer for.

So any thoughts? Final Four Predictions?

*hopes somebody will respond.*
Find me on Steam, PlayStation Network (OmegaAmen), Backloggery, Twitter, and Twitch.tv

I am also in the Christian gaming group, Tribe of Judah in the Christian Gamers Alliance.
Omega Amen

Postby Kisa » Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:14 pm

I do I do! I watched because my team won both the men and the women's Big South tourny, but they both lost first round. Now I am cheering for the teams that beat them so that at least we will be beat by the best! lol My team was Liberty and the guys were beat by St Joes and the girls were beat by Georgia. *sniff* Especially for the girls it was sad . . . first of all they deserved a much higher seed because it was their 8th trip in a row to the NCAA tourny, second, Katie Feenstra who is normally the high scorer for the team was way down in that during the game. *sigh* Maybe next year . . .;)
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Spiritsword » Thu Mar 25, 2004 7:00 am

I am a huge college basketball fan, but I don't want to get into the whole rivalry thing here on CAA. I will say that my team is in NCAA Division 3, the non-scholarship division, and lost in the Sweet Sixteen (that tournament is already over).

As for D1, yes, I follow the tournament and enjoy it quite a bit. Both the teams I'm rooting for are still in it at this point, but they're playing each other next game.
Spiritsword

Postby Kisa » Thu Mar 25, 2004 5:08 pm

Well for now it looks like GA women and St Joes guys are still in . . .
I agree spiritsword, we dont need to get into the ugly rivalry here, this is purely for sports fans not fanatics, lol.
Kisa

Postby GzusRcks » Thu Mar 25, 2004 6:11 pm

lol, I got the brackets and everything! I love the NCAA, but seeing as how my team, Carolina, didn't make it to the sweet 16, I'm just occasionally watching it. Duke's still in, as well as Wake Forest, and I'm betting Duke'll go to the Final Four. But that's just my opinion. Either way, the NCAA rocks! :-D
Orange Obsessional! :rock:
ImageImageImage
GzusRcks

Postby Battousai » Fri Mar 26, 2004 7:35 pm

:o Dude, Texas lost! man i was goin for texas, since i am originally from texas. today is a sad day, sniff... sniff... :( its ok i'll live.
"People who sin say this: That they had to, to survive. People who sin say this: That it's too late to stop. The shadow called Sin dogs them steadily without a word. Remorse and Agony are repeated, to finally end up at Despair. But sinners don't know... that if they turn around, there is a light... a light which keeps shining on them every so warmly." - Vash the Stampede
Battousai

Postby Omega Amen » Fri Mar 26, 2004 9:10 pm

I am so happy... Georgia Tech got by Nevada... and they are going to play Kansas to try to get to the Final Four!!!

*pumps his fist in the air.*
Find me on Steam, PlayStation Network (OmegaAmen), Backloggery, Twitter, and Twitch.tv

I am also in the Christian gaming group, Tribe of Judah in the Christian Gamers Alliance.
Omega Amen

Postby Kisa » Sat Mar 27, 2004 7:38 pm

Well St Joes lost . . . I washoping theyd keep going so my team would have been beat by the best *sigh* oh well, good job Oklahoma!
Waiting on the Georgia/Purdue game now for the women . . .
Kisa

Georgia Tech is going to the Final Four in San Antonio!! YES!

Postby Omega Amen » Sun Mar 28, 2004 2:12 pm

An awesome overtime game against Kansas... and my team still won!!

Jack, the point guard of Georgia Tech, was just playing on a whole different level.... My goodness... so much control and so much clutch!!

Now to watch Duke vs. Xavier! Can Xavier continue their streak against the Duke powerhouse?

*loves this time of the year.*

Omega Amen

Postby Kisa » Sun Mar 28, 2004 3:30 pm

Omega Amen: *loves this time of the year.*

Hehee, oh yea! Basketball is the best! ^_^
Kisa

Postby Zedian » Sun Mar 28, 2004 8:18 pm

Yeah I've caught up with it....although now my bracket is totally messed up. I handpicked Stanford, Duke, Kentucky and UConn for the Final Four. Ah well, I was close. That Georgia Tech - Kansas game was really awesome, up until the final minute than GT slid away with it. I live in San Antonio....though I won't be going to the Final Four since the tickets are outrageously high in price.
Zedian

Postby Kisa » Mon Mar 29, 2004 6:40 pm

Still waiting on the results of the Georgia girls game . . .
Kisa

Postby Kisa » Wed Mar 31, 2004 4:08 am

Awww well, I was pulling for GA girls, lol.
The Final Four for guys and Girls will be great!
^_^
Kisa

Postby Zedian » Wed Mar 31, 2004 5:38 pm

I haven't seen the girls games....isn't their Final Four held a little later ?? As for the mens, well some are saying UConn is the perennial favorite since they cruised pretty much through their last opponents. But I wouldn't discount Duke even if Chris Duhon is playing slightly injured. And um...Oklahoma St. is on fire too.
Zedian

Postby Kisa » Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:09 pm

I'm guessing on UConn or Tenn for the women's . . .
Kisa

Postby Omega Amen » Fri Apr 02, 2004 4:55 pm

Well, here is my prediction for the outcome of the Men's Final Four.

Georgia Tech will beat Oklahoma State.
UConn will beat Duke (to me Okafor is a huge factor).

In the Championship game:
Georgia Tech will beat UConn (just like they did in the Preseason NIT)!

Yeah, I am obviously biased here.

If I did not attend Georgia Tech, I guess I would go with UConn winning it all since they are so talented and playing so well. (I still would think Georgia Tech will make it to the final.)

Omega Amen

Postby Zedian » Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:46 pm

Wow someone is getting a little brave for their bridges. Hehehe they say UConn is the fave but I dunno if Oklahoma St. gets on fire that all could change.
Zedian

Postby PumpkinKoRn52 » Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:31 am

Georgia Tech vs. Uconn

Go yellow jackets!
I hope GT wins this one.
PumpkinKoRn52

Postby Omega Amen » Mon Apr 05, 2004 8:37 pm

*walks in with a cup of tea.*

*grumbles and then sips some tea.*

Oh well, it was a very good run for Georgia Tech.... They just could not make their shots tonight... and UConn played superb.

*sighs*

Right back to work. (Maybe next year....)

*takes another sip of tea and leaves this thread.*

Omega Amen

Postby Zedian » Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:44 am

Hehehe hey OA, you came close don't worry about it. Really I was shocked when the Yellowjacket beat the Cowboys but they earned their way. And with the good seeding they should have next season -- there isn't a reason why they can't make it back to the Final Four.
Zedian

Postby Stephen » Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:50 pm

Wow...UConn took both guys and girls...thats pretty impressive...I really do not follow college basketball too much...but I had been keeping an eye after the elite 8. I really don't have a college team I root for...so I say congrats to UConn for taking both titles.
Stephen

Postby Zedian » Sun Apr 11, 2004 12:00 am

Ah well it's old news now but geesh I lost a lot of money. I know, I know I shouldn't be gambling but it was all in good fun really...even if it was only 40 dollars. Guess that means I need to work extra hours this week.

Oh and congrats to UConn, both men and women. That really is a unprecendented accomplishment.
Zedian

Return to General Entertainment