Dawn of the Dead (Resident Evil 0.5 movie)

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Dawn of the Dead (Resident Evil 0.5 movie)

Postby Fsiphskilm » Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:03 pm

No the movie
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby Bobtheduck » Fri Mar 19, 2004 1:26 am

Dawn of the dead is a remake of a pre-RE film... Actually, a series of films if I remember correctly. Sorry...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Psycho Ann » Fri Mar 19, 2004 1:31 am

Night of the Living Dead?
-Psalm 27:1-
The Project - Online Christian manga, rambling FAQs, and Truly Random Scripture.
Cognatio- Online Christian Manga Exchange

"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
Psycho Ann

Postby Staci » Fri Mar 19, 2004 5:45 am

Volt, you have this rather backward....

If anything, Resident Evil could be deemed a "rip off" of the Evil Dead series and Army of Darkness. That is what Dawn of the Dead is based off.

I suggest you check out your B-Type Horror Movies of the '80's before making any further judgements. ;)

Edit

Here are the titles and their release dates:

1. Dawn of the Dead (1978)
  2. The Evil Dead (1981)
  3. Evil Dead 2 (1987)
  4. Army of Darkness - aka Evil Dead 3 (1993)
Oh, and I wouldn't suggest making too much fun of the Evil Dead series - it has a large cult following, and I tend to be in that. Apparently, some people do not understand the comical finess that is Sam Raimi and his team. That is fine - however, if you have not seen the first three movies, don't go makin' fun of what you don't know. *winks and grins* :thumb:
Member of the CAA Book Club
Staci

Try IMDB.com For Movie Trivia!

Postby Shinigami » Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:09 am

Also, don't forget the famous Night of the Living Dead (1968), which was done by George Romero, same person who 10 years later did Dawn of the Dead (1978). Night of the Living Dead was remade in 1990 and they're working on a remake of Dawn of the Dead now. Its not a ripoff, its really the original deal. This is what started the dead comedy/action mayhem.

Props to Staci :rock:
Shinigami

Postby Stephen » Fri Mar 19, 2004 9:24 am

Sigh...its part of a trilogy. Dawn of the dead, Day of the dead, and Night of the living dead. Games and movies like Resident evil can thank movies like Night of the living dead and such for even existing. As for Burce Campbell...as your dates show, the Dead trilogy clearly predate them. I do love the Evil dead series...but it did not inspire Dawn Of the Dead.

"The reason for the Zombies is "There's no more room in Hell (what if senerio) and so the damned come back to earth *rolls eyes* Gosh at least Resident Evil had a good reason)"

Thats not the reason...thats just been a nifty little line always attached to the films. I am pretty sure its a disease like Res Evil used. (wonder where they got that idea ;) )
Stephen

Postby DrNic » Wed Mar 24, 2004 2:26 pm

Oh, and I wouldn't suggest making too much fun of the Evil Dead series - it has a large cult following, and I tend to be in that.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
GO EVIL DEAD!!!!!!

I'm looking forward to Dawn ofthe Dead!
Take me

Far from all that's wrong and...
Let these

Fears collapse inside

Take me

Back to when i...

Believed

Bloodless by Emery

Come visit the free state of Non-1000: Home of the Special Uber Elite (and try the burgers :P)

There's this dude named DrNic,
If you forget him, he'll get ticked! - By CobaltAngel

:grin: :dance: :grin: :dance: :grin: :dance: :grin: :dance: :grin:
DrNic

Postby Stephen » Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:12 pm

I saw it last night...while it was not as scary as I had hoped it would be...it was still awesome...good stuff.
Stephen

Postby Shinja » Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:36 pm

Alright you primitive screw-heads, listen up. See this? This is my boomstick! It's a 12-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan; retails for about one hundred nine, ninety-five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right, shop smart, shop S-Mart!
-----
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby Fsiphskilm » Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:08 pm

I stand corre
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby cbwing0 » Thu Mar 25, 2004 6:42 am

Why didn't I see this sooner? All I have to say is: :shake:

Ok, so that's not really all I have to say.

First of all, there is nothing supernatural about the original Dead Trilogy (Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead; not the Evil Dead stuff), aside from the metaphysical musings of some of the characters. The "When there's no more room in hell" line is one of the classics from the original movie. The context is that one of the characters remembers something his grandfather (who was a practitioner of voodoo) said, making it quite appropriate.

As for the cause of zombification in the original movies, it was caused by bombardment from radioactive particles following a nucler blast in space. Granted, this is not very scientific, but it is part of what makes the Dead movies rise above Resident Evil: social commentary. The original film was made in 1968, in the middle of the Cold War. Everyone was afraid of nuclear war, so the use of a nuke to create the zombies was quite appropriate.

Volt, I would recommend that you see the original Dawn of the Dead (along with the other two films). It is on the the best horror films of all time, and as a fan of Resident Evil you would appreciate it.

I really want to see the new Dawn of the Dead, but unfortunately I don't have a car at school, so I haven't been able to go see it. :(
cbwing0

Postby Stephen » Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:37 am

How is House of a thousand corpses about zombies? Have you actually watched the film? 28 days later is about a virus...there still living people...not zombies. And house of the dead was utter crap.
Stephen

Postby DrNic » Thu Mar 25, 2004 1:39 pm

House of 1,000 corpes
House of the Dead
28 Days later
Dawn of the Dead (out of no-where)

28 days later rules aswell!

Hey, can anyone tell me about 'House of a 1000 Corpes'. I wanted to see it and then though it might be...well, not too bothered about the gore and stuff...but...is there must nudity or satanic stuff in it. Want something to rate it against? Blair Witch 2, thats bought as far as I go when it comes to horror movies (satanic and nudity theme-wise that is). Anyone help me?
Take me

Let these

Fears collapse inside

Take me

Back to when i...

Believed

Bloodless by Emery

Come visit the free state of Non-1000: Home of the Special Uber Elite (and try the burgers :P)

DrNic

Postby cbwing0 » Thu Mar 25, 2004 1:42 pm

There is really nothing satanic in House of 1000 corpses, nor is there any nudity. However, there is a lot gore and generally disturbing stuff. There is also some bad language if that matters to you.
cbwing0

Postby Solid Ronin » Thu Mar 25, 2004 2:09 pm

cbwing0 wrote:There is really nothing satanic in House of 1000 corpses, nor is there any nudity. However, there is a lot gore and generally disturbing stuff. There is also some bad language if that matters to you.

I beg to differ. Although I've never seen the Movie (and never will) all it really is is a Santanic movie (the people try to find a legend called Dr. Satan)
Solid Ronin

Postby Fsiphskilm » Thu Mar 25, 2004 2:29 pm

[quote="Shatterhe
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fsiphskilm

Postby Ashley » Thu Mar 25, 2004 2:37 pm

I beg to differ. Although I've never seen the Movie (and never will) all it really is is a Santanic movie (the people try to find a legend called Dr. Satan)

It's generally not a good idea to tout an opinion on something (especially such a drastic one) if you've never even seen the movie. You're just setting yourself up to be humbled 99% of the time. All statements like this do is fan the flames for a nasty argument, so please try to refrain for stuff like this in the future, 'kay? It's one thing to speculate, it's another to try to pass off your unfounded opinions as facts and use them to rebuke others.
Ashley

Postby Solid Ronin » Thu Mar 25, 2004 2:45 pm

Ashley wrote:It's generally not a good idea to tout an opinion on something (especially such a drastic one) if you've never even seen the movie. You're just setting yourself up to be humbled 99% of the time. All statements like this do is fan the flames for a nasty argument, so please try to refrain for stuff like this in the future, 'kay? It's one thing to speculate, it's another to try to pass off your unfounded opinions as facts and use them to rebuke others.

I have friend who've seen it and told me about it...and read the back of the DVD case...Oh im not trying to upstage Cbwing I love the guy but I know what I know..and a person called Dr. Satan is in the story I also remember something about a book...but not exactly sure of myself on the book..Don't worry about me Ashley-Dono im not the argumentive type nor is cbwing (and if he is it's an intellengent argument)
Solid Ronin

Postby JediSonic » Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:30 pm

I dont watch horror movies, I just like to read the plots :sweat:

I like the resident evil plot and scientific explanation.. its really cool... except that I dont think its very logical that a brainless human would seek out and eat living humans. thats just a bit stupid from a non-horror-fan perspective
JediSonic

Postby cbwing0 » Thu Mar 25, 2004 4:08 pm

My first post was deleted, so let me try this again...

Ronin of Kirai wrote:I beg to differ. Although I've never seen the Movie (and never will) all it really is is a Santanic movie (the people try to find a legend called Dr. Satan)

There is a character in the movie called Mr.Satan, but he got that name for his brutality, not for worshipping satan. I have seen the movie, and I can say with confidence that Satanism is not featured in the film. The killers are big fans of Haloween, but not satan.
cbwing0

Postby Solid Ronin » Thu Mar 25, 2004 7:03 pm

cbwing0 wrote:My first post was deleted, so let me try this again...

There is a character in the movie called Mr.Satan, but he got that name for his brutality, not for worshipping satan. I have seen the movie, and I can say with confidence that Satanism is not featured in the film. The killers are big fans of Haloween, but not satan.

hmm I guess not my friends said it wa pretty Satanic (They know Satanic) they also know making things out of nothing..O well I trust ya
Solid Ronin

Postby Fsiphskilm » Thu Mar 25, 2004 7:58 pm

[quote="JediSon
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fsiphskilm

Postby Stephen » Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:10 pm

"There is a character in the movie called Mr.Satan, but he got that name for his brutality, not for worshipping satan. I have seen the movie, and I can say with confidence that Satanism is not featured in the film. The killers are big fans of Haloween, but not satan."

Ding ding ding...correct! lol. I was gonna say somthing...but you pretty much said it...so...yeah...*look over there!* (Points)
Stephen

Postby skynes » Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:33 am

Brain dead was a strange zombie film... Really gory, especially when the guy uses the lawnmower!!! Zombie smoothie anyone?
I am the Reaper of Souls... and it's harvest time.

skynes

Postby cbwing0 » Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:06 am

skynes wrote:Brain dead was a strange zombie film... Really gory, especially when the guy uses the lawnmower!!! Zombie smoothie anyone?

Is that the one directed by Peter Jackson?
cbwing0

Postby Bobtheduck » Fri Mar 26, 2004 6:06 am

yeah... I read the uncut version is probably the goriest thing ever made. The uncut version is called "Dead Alive" and would be rated NC-17 in the US. It's probably one of the few things to be rated that for violence rather than sex.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby cbwing0 » Fri Mar 26, 2004 7:15 am

I thought so (how many movies have a guy killing zombies with a lawnmower? :lol: ). I have seen it under the "Dead Alive" title, and it is quite gory; however, the movie is decidedly a comedy rather than a straight horror film.
cbwing0

Chimps Ahoy!

Postby TwilightApostle » Fri Mar 26, 2004 8:35 am

One of the awesome things about the Dead series is that they each had a social commentary. The old Dawn of the Dead was (and the new one is, kind of) about how American consumerism is overwhelming; people just consume and consume, almost mindlessly. That's why zombies were so apropos. The old one is considered one of the best zombie movies of all time. Not saying much, but it is pretty tight.

Twilight Apostle
-Word.-
TwilightApostle

Postby DrNic » Sat Mar 27, 2004 9:02 am

There is really nothing satanic in House of 1000 corpses, nor is there any nudity. However, there is a lot gore and generally disturbing stuff. There is also some bad language if that matters to you.

Yo, thanx, I think I'll rent that out sometime. I was just wondering cuz my dad didn't want me to watch it. He's not a big fan of horror. He quit watching it back in the 80s and said that he only began watching it again when I got into it, lol. I thought I'd give it a miss, but it doesn't sound quite as bad as I thought it was.

Anyway, how could I miss out the oppotunity to watch a Rob Zombie film?!

:rock: ROCK ON! :rock:
Take me

Let these

Fears collapse inside

Take me

Back to when i...

Believed

Bloodless by Emery

DrNic

Postby JediSonic » Sat Mar 27, 2004 10:02 am

So volt, do they eat other zombies? Almost seems like RE would be easy if you never had to fight more than 1 zombie because of that :lol:
JediSonic

Next

Return to General Entertainment