Legend of Korra Season 3 Discussion

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Legend of Korra Season 3 Discussion

Postby radical edward » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:49 am

Who here saw the season 3 premiere for Korra?
I thought it was really good. And now for the stuff that spoils everything:
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: 1. New Air-benders? Looks like there's hope for the nomads after all!
2. Jinora blushing over Kai was cute. I like this side of her and ever since she became "spirit mage", I've been all for developing her more.
3. ZUKO'S BACK! :o :D
FKA rocklobster
radical edward

Re: Legend of Korra Season 3 Discussion

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:03 pm

I saw it and loved it! But I'm not really one too be nitpicky either. The only thing I never liked about Korra was the way they handled romance, though I am glad to see SPOILER: Highlight text to read: that Mako is kind of uncomfortable being around Korra and Asami. This shows that he's really been confused and not simply playing the girls. Also, I'm so glad Korra and Asami are gal pals! Now on to other spoilery stuff... SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Airbenders! I was kinda hoping(and expecting) the air nomads would gradually spawn from Tenzin's family and not be a bunch of nonbenders who suddenly get the ability but I actually kind of like the idea. For some reason the way everyone has reacted to getting airbending reminds me of X-Men where a lot of people just start freaking out over their new powers while a few (like Kai) are pretty cool with it. Speaking of Kai, I already love him! I'm shipping KaiXJinora. ^-^ Now on to Mako and Bolin. I have waited these past two books for SOMETHING about their family and past and it's finally here! I love their family and being able to see them with their parents in that photo was just <3 And the new villains...are...epic! I'm very interested in Ms. Combustion Woman. She already reminds me a bit of Azula (wouldn't it be crazy if they were related somehow?). And what if Combustion Woman was actually the firebender that killed Mako and Bolin's parents. The way thing are being set up, that could be the case. With the whole gang being in Ba Sing Se, it already is giving off that same darker aura that the Ba Sing Se arc of A:TLA had. Which is great considering I loved that arc. Also, that airship is just beautiful! I wanna ride it (despite my fear of heights). lol. And last but certainly not least...ZUKO!!! It's about time they showed him! Now where's his daughter?! They should show her now too! And his dragon...all I could think of was The Firebending Masters episode of A:TLA with the two dragons and that dream Zuko had in Ba Sing Se of the blue dragon (with Azula's voice) and the red dragon (with Iroh's voice). Ok. I think I've fangirled enough. lol. :XD:
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."
"God expects spiritual fruit not religious nuts."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby EHeroAndrew » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:28 pm

So far this is far better than Book 2 lol. I'm loving Korra's character again! It feels like her character has finally come full circle! Everybody is back to where they were in Book 1! In Book 2 everyone suddenly turned into a jerk, even Korra.
EHeroAndrew

Postby Banana Lobster » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:40 pm

This season is looking like it'll be a LOT of fun; yay! SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Yay, Zuko's back! Call me a crazy fangirl, but I actually chanted "Zuko, Zuko, Zuko" whenever he came on screen. :lol: But seriously, he's one of my favorite characters, so yeah, I got super excited. BTW, I hope we find out what happened to Varrick and Zhu Li in this season; they were funny. And it seems like there will be a much smaller focus on romance, which is a relief; that just got annoying.
Banana Lobster

Postby radical edward » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:37 am

I actually don't mind romance when it's handled well. However, Korra doesn't really do romance right. I still ship Korra and Mako though.
FKA rocklobster
radical edward

Postby Lynna » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:53 pm

I must confess that I never finished the finale of season 2, I totally couldn't handle the emotional manipulation of SPOILER: Highlight text to read: them throwing our beloved Uncle Iroh to try to win back viewers, but giving him a totally lazy script. He was a mere shadow of the original show's Iroh :( But if the third season is turning out to actually be good, I dunno, maybe I'll watch it? I was so furious that they pulled that useless love-triangle back into the show. I am not in a forgiving mood. But my love for Avatar :TLA was so great that I would be happy if they could just give us something good :( So, all you people who are currently watching, should I give it a try?
Lynna

Postby radical edward » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:28 pm

I'd say yes. They're off to a great start.
FKA rocklobster
radical edward

Postby radical edward » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:58 am

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: OK, Friday's episodes were pretty good. I like that Jinora can use her astral projection to spy. And Suyin was instantly likeable. Anne Heche gave her an excellent voice. I'm wondering if Kai has learned his lesson now.
FKA rocklobster
radical edward

Postby LastLfan » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:16 pm

I didn't watch the last 5 episodes of season 2...BUT because dish automatically recorded season 3 I watched it. And boy is season 3 good, 5 eps in and i love it. So much that i picked up season 2 on dvd. I love the new characters so far and i'll even forgive varrick
LastLfan

Postby radical edward » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:35 am

In case you haven't heard, Nickelodeon has gone the Crappy Network route and pulled Korra before season 3 could finish. However, you can watch the remaining 5 eps on Hulu beginning August 1. :mutter: :comp:
And no, Ante Bellum and Nate, I'm not going to throw a tantrum. I will however say that I feel kids deserve quality entertainment, not garbage.
FKA rocklobster
radical edward

Postby LastLfan » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:54 pm

Amen edward, amen
LastLfan

Postby TheAlbinoMoose » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:32 pm

Season 2 was the worst. Glad it's making a comeback ^_^ It looks like Korra's not going to be a jerk anymore so that's good! Also SPOILER: Highlight text to read: ZUKO of course xD I'm not so sure about SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Bolin's new love interest. I feel like she should be a very interesting character, but so far she's kinda meh. But overall I think it's pretty awesome and am glad I can enjoy the show again!
Do you see this gorgeous creature?
That graceful profile. Those striking eyes. Behold the albino moose.
A wise man once said, "you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friend's nose."
TheAlbinoMoose

Postby steenajack » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:00 pm

So, that finale....wow. I'm really not over it at all. I mean
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Holy mother of crap...Korra's broken face at the end. Like, she's literally broken in every way, physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually...It's like her entire identity has been ripped out of her.
To be honest, this whole series seems more about Korra dealing with an identity crisis. I recall reading this one review that mentioned how in the first series, her bending has been taken away (though she got it back). Next, she lost her connection to her past lives. Now she was almost destroyed in the avatar state, which would have destroyed the cycle. If you think about it, she was raised in an environment where they constantly told her what her destiny was and who she was meant to be. Throughout the entire show, she faces hardships where her identity comes into question. "Does the world really need an Avatar?" Now she's out of commission, whether permanently or temporarily I don't know, and the airbenders are taking over until she gets better. They even told her that they don't need her to do anything except get better. This pretty much confirms all of her doubts and fears. She feels like she's pointless and not needed.

I wonder where they'll take this next. It's quite fantastic. And very sad. :( :sniffle:
steenajack

Return to General Entertainment