Transformers: Age of Extinction

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Transformers: Age of Extinction

Postby Crossfire » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:47 am

So I just came back from the first showing at my local theater. I think it's a pretty nice improvement over the last three movies, but if you hated those you probably want to skip this one anyways. The robots get a little more personality and the human interaction isn't mindblowingly awful. Lockdown was a cool villain and SPOILER: Highlight text to read: surprise surprise, Megatron returns under the alias of Galvatron- how original. Dinobots were cool but didn't get any speaking parts aside for GRRRRAAAAAHHHH and SCREEEEECH. Drift wasn't as stereotypical as I figured (voice and haiku scene aside), Hound was resourceful, Crosshairs was an egoist/pessimist with a punch, and Bumblebee was... Bumblebee. Oh, and as for Prime... suffice to say he was a walking time bomb. It's like he's been holding in all his anger from the previous films, so when he finds out that yet another comrade was lost- he snaps. Hardcore. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Seriously. He kills people. Like, humans. He murders them. It was pretty cool.

All in all I think it was $14 well spent.
Crossfire

Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction

Postby Thunderscream872 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:29 am

Yes, it was a pretty big improvement over the last three, but that doesn't necessarily make it anything that great. There are allot of things I could say about this movie, but I don't feel like writing a full-length review.

I'll say it was a fun movie, but nothing groundbreaking or super impressive. Hound was awesome, and definitely my new favorite character from all four films; and Lockdown made a great villain (better than Megatron or The Fallen).

Saw X-Men: Days of Future Past on the same day. That was totally awesome! It's probably my second favorite X-Men film (with X2 being my favorite).
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction

Postby Sammy Boy » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:32 am

I will wait for DVD / Blu-Ray. :)
Sammy Boy

Return to General Entertainment