Once Upon A Time

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Once Upon A Time

Postby Sammy Boy » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:16 am

I am talking about the 2011 series. Does anyone here enjoy this series?

I think it's quite interesting.
Sammy Boy

Re: Once Upon A Time

Postby Koneko-chan » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:01 pm

The one with the fairy tale characters?
The series is definitely one of my favorites; though I haven't been keeping up with the newer episodes. ^u^"
"I believe...I want to live my life, carrying my memories with me. Even if those memories are painful, even if those memories do nothing but hurt me...Even those memories I wish I could forget...As long as I keep carrying them with me and don't run away from them. Someday...Someday, I believe I will get to the point where I'm not oppressed by those memories. That's what I want to believe. I'd like to think that there's not a single memory that I have which would be okay to forget." -Momiji Sohma - Fruits Basket

You are forgiven. Always and completely forgiven. - The 11th Doctor
No matter how small the problem is, how small the thing is, it will always effect the people around you. - Yuko Ichihara - XXXHolic
Total Grell fangirl. :3 <3
Koneko-chan

Postby Sammy Boy » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:27 am

Koneko-chan wrote:The one with the fairy tale characters?
The series is definitely one of my favorites; though I haven't been keeping up with the newer episodes. ^u^"

Yep, that's the series. I think how the characters relate to each other is nicely woven together by the plot. :)
Sammy Boy

Postby goldenspines » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:14 am

This is by far one of my favorite TV shows currently. *A* I originally started watching it because an actor friend of mine was cast as the dwarf Happy in it. But the more I watched, I really started to love the series and all the characters.
I'm a sucker for fairy tales, though, and it's super fun to speculate what's going to happen next and what fairy tale the series is going to tie in and even more importantly, how they are going to portray it.
Like, most recently and in the next season this coming fall SPOILER: Highlight text to read: How Neverland is going to play out. Not like the Disney Peter Pan we know and love, I'm sure. XD; I get the feeling the show may take a very dark turn, and the "shadow" was a precursor for that. But overall, I'm super happy we have all the main characters on Hook's ship going. Should be tons of fun.
The acting is also pretty good, in my opinion, and the show has not disappointed me yet; it keeps getting better with each new season.
I can't wait for the new season this coming fall!
goldenspines

Postby Yuki-Anne » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:32 pm

I love this show. I'm excited for the next season!
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Yuki-Anne » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:56 pm

Thread resurrection!

Is it just me, or is the writing this season a little worse than it used to be? There are some moments that are still awesome, but there are a lot of moments that have me groaning from the stupidity.

Also, is anybody watching the spin-off, Once Upon a Time in Wonderland? I've been checking it out but so far it's not very interesting.
Yuki-Anne

Postby Rewin » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:58 pm

Yuki-Anne wrote:Thread resurrection!

Is it just me, or is the writing this season a little worse than it used to be? There are some moments that are still awesome, but there are a lot of moments that have me groaning from the stupidity.

Also, is anybody watching the spin-off, Once Upon a Time in Wonderland? I've been checking it out but so far it's not very interesting.

The original show hasn't been as good this season. I'm really worried they're going to screw up a really good show.
Wonderland is ok, not as good as the original when it first started though. My biggest complaint is it doesn't feel like they are actually in Wonderland most of the time, just seems like a different area in the enchanted forest.
Rewin

Postby Yuki-Anne » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:26 am

I think what bothers me the most about both shows is the various settings with absolutely no practical props or sets. Like, it's the most obvious thing that the actors are just standing on a green screen stage, and the discrepancy between those scenes and the scenes with practical sets is obvious and distracting. Also, about one of the most recent episodes of the original,
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: how do mermaid fins = cut ropes? Stupid.
Yuki-Anne

Postby invaderv93 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:01 pm

Used to watch it all the time because of the creative concepts, but the plots slowly got dumber and dumber and I recently just gave up on it completely. Also the way it's written has always really bugged me, and it's only gotten worse with time. The dialogue doesn't sound natural at all (nobody says "tis" or "shant" anymore guys). I feel like they wrote it for a different type of cast - like mentally the writers imagined them all being more classical, dramatic English actors and then they cast a bunch of Americans with more training in realism/casual portrayal and it just didn't fit at alllll.
That being said, Emma and Rumpelstiltskin were pretty good; only reason I stuck around as long as I did.
invaderv93

Postby SilverToast » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:07 pm

invaderv93 wrote:Used to watch it all the time because of the creative concepts, but the plots slowly got dumber and dumber and I recently just gave up on it completely. Also the way it's written has always really bugged me, and it's only gotten worse with time. The dialogue doesn't sound natural at all (nobody says "tis" or "shant" anymore guys). I feel like they wrote it for a different type of cast - like mentally the writers imagined them all being more classical, dramatic English actors and then they cast a bunch of Americans with more training in realism/casual portrayal and it just didn't fit at alllll.
That being said, Emma and Rumpelstiltskin were pretty good; only reason I stuck around as long as I did.

Same here. The writing got especially lazy in season 3.

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I stopped after Pan switched bodies with Henry just before he could get sucked into Pandora's box. That was too ridiculous. I could somewhat tolerate Ariel being able to travel between realms because apparently they all share the same ocean and Pan being unbelievebly overpowered in his world.
SilverToast

Postby Yuki-Anne » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:54 pm

I almost gave up there, too. The kid that plays Henry does not do SPOILER: Highlight text to read: evil well at all. I powered through, though, and watched up until the mid-season cliffhanger, which... wasn't particularly GREAT, but was better than a lot of the writing we've been getting this season.
Yuki-Anne

Postby Hikaru » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:00 pm

I really really really love this show ^w^ I can't wait for it to return~
Hikaru

Postby yukoxholic » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:31 pm

Literally am the biggest fangirl of this show and ship almost every shippable couple! <3 :) Though, I have to say although it was great to see Regina make the right choice I kind of miss her evil side!
yukoxholic

Postby marro1 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:09 am

Great show, I'm waiting for season 3 to get on Netflix.
Now I see. You’re Jealous. You’re jealous of humans aren’t you? According to you, humans are supposed to be a lot weaker than homunculi. And yet, even if they get discouraged after being beaten, and even if they get close to falling down after losing their paths, they continue to get up and fight. Everyone around them helps them get back up. And you’re envious of that.
Edward

I'm a worthless piece of garbage that can't even write a straight looking K!
Death the Kid.

marro1

Postby Yuki-Anne » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:08 pm

Word on the street is that a major character is going to die at the end of season 3 and is not coming back, and the only thing we're fairly certain of is that SPOILER: Highlight text to read: it's not Rumple. Rumple, who supposedly died in the mid-season cliffhanger, of COURSE had something up his sleeve that will be revealed in the next few episodes. http://www.examiner.com/article/once-up ... son-3-ends

So, I wonder who it's gonna be...
Yuki-Anne

Postby Sammy Boy » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:18 am

In the series so far, I've found Regina to be the most interesting character. For some reason, whenever I see a character making choices that changes them from bad to not-so-bad, it makes me feel really happy.
Sammy Boy

Postby Yuki-Anne » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:46 pm

For me it's been Rumplestiltskin, but Regina would probably be a close second. Least interesting by far is Henry.
Yuki-Anne

Postby Yuki-Anne » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:35 pm

Judging by the latest episode, the new season just took a major jump in quality. Although, seriously, they need to stop making all of the characters related to each other. It's getting a little old.
Yuki-Anne

Postby yukoxholic » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:32 pm

Yuki-Anne wrote:Judging by the latest episode, the new season just took a major jump in quality. Although, seriously, they need to stop making all of the characters related to each other. It's getting a little old.

I agree! Though I have to say I don't really mind that the characters are related to each other only because I feel like we get more story of not just newer characters but older ones as well. Plus, I've been wondering since "The Miller's Daughter" if Rumple and Cora had a baby because there was no way she would've ripped her own heart out otherwise. I mean Cora was cruel but I think that was mistaken for a mother wanting the best for her child....in an odd messed up way! Plus, I'm a total Cora lover so anything that brings back Rose McGowan is an A plus in my book! :)
yukoxholic

Postby Yuki-Anne » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:06 pm

Sammy Boy wrote:In the series so far, I've found Regina to be the most interesting character. For some reason, whenever I see a character making choices that changes them from bad to not-so-bad, it makes me feel really happy.

I've been watching the series over again and now I think you"re right. Also...

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: So long, Bae. :'(
Yuki-Anne

Postby Sammy Boy » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:41 am

No way....
Sammy Boy

Postby SierraLea » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:38 pm

YOu know, I thought this would be better than it actually is. I guess I just don't lie stories built around deceit.
SierraLea

Postby Yuki-Anne » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:14 am

SierraLea wrote:I just don't lie stories built around deceit.

I see what you did there...

...even if you didn't mean to do it.
Yuki-Anne

Postby SierraLea » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:44 pm

Yuki-Anne wrote:

What am I doing exactly?
SierraLea

Postby Lynna » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:20 am

SierraLea wrote:
Yuki-Anne wrote:

What am I doing exactly?

You wrote lie instead of like. Unintentionally, it seems.
Lynna

Postby yukoxholic » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:37 am

*bump*

Soooo Once is back! Yay! Anyone catch the latest episode last Sunday? I have to say I'm a little underwhelmed storyline wise as its feeling like the same sort of schick now but was presently surprised with the Frozen story arc with potential cross-overs! Also, I think the actresses they got for Anna and Elsa are perfect! I don't know why everyone was in such an uproar when the teenager that looked like "Elsa" didn't get it. Anyyyyy who :)
yukoxholic

Postby goldenspines » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:48 pm

^^^^^
I was pretty much worried, like I always am with Once's season premieres. But the idea of using Frozen had seemed both exciting and terrible to me. I just had no idea how one could pull it off without it being dumb, yet...

YET!

I shouldn't have doubted the writers because I too was pleasantly surprised at this season premiere. Anna's actor was spot on and honestly, I thought Elsa was brilliant as well (my only complaint is that her outfit doesn't translate well to live action, but that's a minor detail)
Sven was the best, though. <3

I have hope this season will prove to be entertaining and a fun ride like Once has always proven to be.
goldenspines

Postby Furen » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:49 am

I was super excited to watch the season premier, but I ended up sleeping through it >.<

I luckily have it recorded, so that's exciting. I've overall heard from my family that it's a typical boring first episode though :/ I'm sure it's the usual set up/get reacquainted stuff.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Yuki-Anne » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:29 pm

Oh man, I am so behind...

I was shocked by how good the casting was, especially for Anna. Elsa was a bit meh, but every second Anna was on screen seemed impossibly good. But I thought Kristoff was kind of terrible, and I hated how they shoehorned in some superfluous references to Frozen, almost as if to say, "See, kids? You know how you loved this moment in the movie? Enjoy this forced rehashing of that joke that in no way seems tired!"
Yuki-Anne

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:18 am

The Frozen arc was the worst in the series, and the author was the worst actor. Liked SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Emma-kin skywalker, though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Return to General Entertainment