What non-anime tv show are you showing,

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Re: What non-anime tv show are you showing,

Postby Thunderscream872 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:19 pm

Started watching Roswell and so far I really like it. I'm actually watching it allot faster than Dexter or the latest season of 24.

Also started Invader Zim, which is awesome! I feel like I should've watched this a long time ago.

Watched the first few episodes of Total Drama Island. I used to really like this show. I think its still moderately fun, but also kind of annoying.
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby LastLfan » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:48 pm

Roswell ZIM and TDI. WOOHOO!!!!!!!!! I'm the biggest TDI nut here, like fanfiction level of crazy
LastLfan

Postby Thunderscream872 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:56 am

LastLfan wrote:Roswell ZIM and TDI. WOOHOO!!!!!!!!! I'm the biggest TDI nut here, like fanfiction level of crazy

The main thing I love about TDI are the characters. I think the interactions between them are what kept me entertained. I especially always liked Jeff, Bridget, Gwen, Owen, Noah, and Chef; but the best character in there hands-down is Chris--his enjoyment from everyone's suffering always cracks me up :)

Never really got into any of the seasons after TDI. I tried to watch Revenge of the Island when it was airing, but eventually dropped it.

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

Thunderscream872

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:41 pm

Now that I'm back in school, I'm once again watching TMNT (the 2003 cartoon) and rewatching Firefly with a friend. Both are very good fun :thumb:
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby LastLfan » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:25 am

Try total drama pahkitew island, one of the best seasons. But although world tour was pretty surreal it had a lot of epic Noah moments, worth a shot.

As for my viewing, I've rewatched survivor Tocantians, I've been watching all the steven universe I can cause that is just such a good show, quite possibly above adventure time for me, barely, just barely, but man the music, not just songs, but the score, is just sooooo good.
LastLfan

Postby Sheenar » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:25 pm

Currently watching Blacklist on Netflix. I am 5 or 6 episodes in and am loving it! Very engaging show.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Furen » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:59 am

Marvel Agents of Shield
I really like this one, and season two picked up fairly quickly :)
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby LastLfan » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:25 pm

I LOVE GOTHAM
LastLfan

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:34 pm

I finally got around to watching The Legend of Korra again. Just started season 2. I'll catch up eventually!

(Side note: Apparently I completely misunderstood something along the way and am now being laughed at by all the Korra fans I know :shady: I thought all along that Korra was Aang's granddaughter and that Tenzin was her uncle. Apparently they're not related at all :eyeroll: )
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:29 pm

LastLfan wrote:I LOVE GOTHAM

Yay Gotham! ^-^

Well, besides that, I'm also watching Once Upon a Time, Resurrection, Supernatural, Grimm, Book 4 of the Legend of Korra, Doctor Who, and just saw the first episode of Sherlock the other day (totally in love with it by the way). I also watched the first chapter of Over the Garden Wall and I'm definitely gonna check that one out soon too!
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."
"God expects spiritual fruit not religious nuts."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:45 pm

PLCDreamcatcher14 wrote:
LastLfan wrote:I LOVE GOTHAM

Yay Gotham! ^-^

Well, besides that, I'm also watching Once Upon a Time, Resurrection, Supernatural, Grimm, Book 4 of the Legend of Korra, Doctor Who, and just saw the first episode of Sherlock the other day (totally in love with it by the way). I also watched the first chapter of Over the Garden Wall and I'm definitely gonna check that one out soon too!

Spread the Gotham love :hug:

Also, Gracepoint. Please say someone else loves Gracepoint with deep unbridled passion.

Recently finished the first season of Sleepy Hollow as well~. Liked it a lot better than what I saw of the second :P
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:05 pm

Recently started a rewatch of Supernatural from the very beginning. It was really interesting to watch the first few episodes and be able to tell that Jensen and Jared weren't completely comfortable with each other yet. They acted like two people acting like people who got along, but just a few episodes along, you can tell that the two actually get along and spend time together in real life as well.

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Sheenar » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:19 am

I finished the season of Blacklist on Netflix not long ago. What a way to end the season --now I'm impatiently waiting for the next season to be released.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Yami » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:54 pm

Legend of Korra. Once Upon a Time, Agents of Sheild, Flash, Grimm, and The amazing race.

(Also re-watching chuck on netflix)
Yami

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:58 am

Ah, also, Supernatural. Looooots of Supernatural.

Postby artisticDreamer » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:04 pm

Agents of Shield, Running Man, and Liar Game. (RM is a Korean variety show which you should all watch, and LG is a Korean drama.) :3
artisticDreamer

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:20 am

Panda4christ:3 wrote:Ah, also, Supernatural. Looooots of Supernatural.

Why did I have a feeling you'd like it too? :n_n:

artisticDreamer wrote:Agents of Shield, Running Man, and Liar Game. (RM is a Korean variety show which you should all watch, and LG is a Korean drama.) :3

Ooh! I've seen a couple of episodes of Running Man before and I seriously couldn't stop laughing! XD So much fun!
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:47 pm

artisticDreamer wrote:Agents of Shield, Running Man, and Liar Game. (RM is a Korean variety show which you should all watch, and LG is a Korean drama.) :3

Oooooh, how is the Liar Game show? I'm reading the manga right now, and I love it. I'm curious to see if it's a good adaptation.

Just finished my rewatch of Supernatural season 1. Season 2, here I come! :dance:

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby artisticDreamer » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:48 am

the_wolfs_howl wrote:

Oooooh, how is the Liar Game show? I'm reading the manga right now, and I love it. I'm curious to see if it's a good adaptation.

Just finished my rewatch of Supernatural season 1. Season 2, here I come! :dance:

I just finished Liar Game and IT WAS SO GOOD. I don't know if it holds true to the manga, but it focuses on the characters more than the manga does, from what I've heard. (I want to read the manga but I can't find it...)
artisticDreamer

Postby steenajack » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:02 pm

Who just finished the Legend of Korra Finale? I did!
And.....ooooiiiiii :( I really had high hopes for this show, and the finale was pretty good and interesting until the very end. The very VERY end. :( I mean
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: They seemed to be leading up to Mako and Korra getting back together, but instead have Korra be in "ambiguous" hand holding with one of the least developed characters in the whole series. And Korra ONLY apologizes to Asami, but not Bolin, Mako, Tenzin, or even her parents? I mean, c'mon! You left them hanging for three years, don't run out on them again with a woman the audience barely knows. Also, I wouldn't even care if there was no romance going on. I would've been happier if Asami, Korra, Bolin, and Mako wound up taking a vacation together. That would have been nice! Show us their friendship. That would have been a nice way to end the series. But no, Bryke decided they wanted to please a certain crowd of fans instead of writing the characters right. It was just overall dissappointing. Meanwhile, Mako actually grew as a character and displayed, in a way, that he still had feelings and very loyal respect for Korra. He learned to grow as a person and become selfless, where as Asami didn't really "grow" as a character throughout the series. She had no real flaws, other than getting justifiably angry when people do wrong to her. She had that bit about restoring her relationship with her father, but that was just a ploy to have a character death. And then Asami didn't even act like she cared. Her father died right in front of her. Where is the believable emotion? And now everyone is just jumping on the AsamixKorra train just because and...it's really dissappointing since the writing for them overall was just stale. Korra as a character was awesome and deserved better. Mako deserved better. The fans deserved better, and the creators deserved better.

At least we can still appreciate the first series. I miss and love that series so much. Nothing can replace it and I know now that any sequels will all be different from what I've originally loved. At least we still have the comics.
steenajack

Postby Nocturnalux » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:09 pm

artisticDreamer wrote:
the_wolfs_howl wrote:

I just finished Liar Game and IT WAS SO GOOD. I don't know if it holds true to the manga, but it focuses on the characters more than the manga does, from what I've heard. (I want to read the manga but I can't find it...)

I've been wondering whether the Korean version does Fukunaga's character justice. The Japanese live action version was surprisingly good with Matsuda Shota being the perfect Akiyama but they turned Fukunaga into something of a campy character. In the manga Fukunaga is as crazy as any villain but he is not even remotely ridiculous.

I'm watching a few K-drama, namely The King's Face (that reminds me too much of Deep Rooted Tree), Naeil's Cantabile (nice to see a live action adaptation of the Japanese anime) and Innocent Man (not good, so many clichés but the acting almost redeems it. Plus it's great unintentional comedy).
Nocturnalux

Postby Hitomi » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:58 pm

Shows I love that aren't anime. THE WALKING DEAD!!! * kills a walker* face offf, dexter, breaking bad, king of the hill, game of thrones, king of the nerds, naked and afraid. That's all for now.
Hitomi

Postby Thunderscream872 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:39 am

Recently I've been watching Dexter, Roswell, Star Wars Rebels, Invader Zim, and The Walking Dead. Kinda the same as my last post, but whatever...

Thunderscream872

Postby SisterHipster » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:48 pm

Hellsing...eh~ a bit too mature for my taste by the 7th or 8th episode. Music is really good and would buy the soundtrack. I want to feminize Alucard's outfit. It such an easy cosplay to get away with in public minus the desperado/pimp hat and sunglasses.
SisterHipster

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:49 pm

steenajack wrote:Who just finished the Legend of Korra Finale? I did!
And.....ooooiiiiii :( I really had high hopes for this show, and the finale was pretty good and interesting until the very end. The very VERY end. :( I mean
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: They seemed to be leading up to Mako and Korra getting back together, but instead have Korra be in "ambiguous" hand holding with one of the least developed characters in the whole series. And Korra ONLY apologizes to Asami, but not Bolin, Mako, Tenzin, or even her parents? I mean, c'mon! You left them hanging for three years, don't run out on them again with a woman the audience barely knows. Also, I wouldn't even care if there was no romance going on. I would've been happier if Asami, Korra, Bolin, and Mako wound up taking a vacation together. That would have been nice! Show us their friendship. That would have been a nice way to end the series. But no, Bryke decided they wanted to please a certain crowd of fans instead of writing the characters right. It was just overall dissappointing. Meanwhile, Mako actually grew as a character and displayed, in a way, that he still had feelings and very loyal respect for Korra. He learned to grow as a person and become selfless, where as Asami didn't really "grow" as a character throughout the series. She had no real flaws, other than getting justifiably angry when people do wrong to her. She had that bit about restoring her relationship with her father, but that was just a ploy to have a character death. And then Asami didn't even act like she cared. Her father died right in front of her. Where is the believable emotion? And now everyone is just jumping on the AsamixKorra train just because and...it's really dissappointing since the writing for them overall was just stale. Korra as a character was awesome and deserved better. Mako deserved better. The fans deserved better, and the creators deserved better.

At least we can still appreciate the first series. I miss and love that series so much. Nothing can replace it and I know now that any sequels will all be different from what I've originally loved. At least we still have the comics.

I keep feeling like I'm the only person who has loved all the books of Korra just about as much as the original show. Granted, that ending was pretty ambiguous and I would have preferred if...
(Since the spoiler tags aren't working...)
SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the whole gang went on vacation together but...and as far as the whole implied 'lesbian' thing, I personally have no problem with that. If that's what they want, then fine. Whatever. It just felt too sudden and undeveloped. They JUST started to bond. It felt too unnatural to me.

But all in all, I thoroughly enjoyed this book, as with all the others, though my favorite is still book 3.

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:43 pm

Supernatural season 2 :3

Postby LastLfan » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:01 am

The creators have said that the legend of korra ending is what it looked like, deal with it. Seriously a quote there. Anywho I'm fine with it, I feel looking back there is basis, and I'm actually happy they chose this route as there was no angsty teen drama involved in it.
LastLfan

Postby ClaecElric4God » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:50 pm

Young Riders. Buck's the best, hands down. I am a bit disappointed, though. When I heard this was a show about the Pony Express, I was sort of hoping for...well...a show about the Pony Express. But all the episodes take place around their home base and the occasional neighboring town, and it's strongly reminiscent of a cliché wild west gunslinger show most of the time. In the end it's fun, but it's not the fresh new angle I was expecting. They could have done a lot more with such a unique idea, but in the end settled for the same old same old, I think.
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Sheenar » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:21 am

Finally caught up with Sherlock on Netflix. Really love this show. Hard to beat Martin Freeman and Benedict However-you-spell-his-last-name (Cumberbach? I have no idea and am not inclined to go look it up right now).

Now just have to wait for the next season to be released of both Sherlock and The Blacklist. Both ended on a sort of cliffhanger, so the waiting is not very patiently. lol

Sheenar

Postby artisticDreamer » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:15 pm

Sheenar wrote:Finally caught up with Sherlock on Netflix. Really love this show. Hard to beat Martin Freeman and Benedict However-you-spell-his-last-name (Cumberbach? I have no idea and am not inclined to go look it up right now).

Now just have to wait for the next season to be released of both Sherlock and The Blacklist. Both ended on a sort of cliffhanger, so the waiting is not very patiently. lol

We'll all die of old age before Sherlock season 4 comes out.
artisticDreamer

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment