[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
Star Wars changes - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

Star Wars changes

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Star Wars changes

Postby battletech » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:26 pm

Lucas has decided that the movies need to be fixed again.
Here is an article.http://social.entertainment.msn.com/movies/blogs/the-hitlist-blogpost.aspx?post=3a1c77a2-704f-4cc2-afd9-e754e95711fa&_p=91388134-69d0-490f-9c18-74753c4bf8b7&_nwpt=1&lc=1033

I would like to hear what you think about these changes
Please remain civil. I don't what this to turn into a war.
I was fine with the last changes but this sound completely terrible.
[img]http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k615/bluebattletech/amuro_ray_emblem1_zps864eefb8.png[/img]
Gundam fan for life.
battletech

Postby SincerelyAnomymous » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:33 pm

This isn't right. I mean, why not make all these new editions optional? The classics rule, man.
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”-Oscar Wilde

“Books change us. Books save us. I know this because it happened to me.”Elif Shafak

"Don't stop unbelieving, never give into your unfeelings"-Mabel Pines, Gravity Falls
SincerelyAnomymous

Postby Furen » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:36 pm

If it weren't for the voice re-dubs, then I could live with it, but the voices are the characters, they're changing the characters.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby bigsleepj » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:47 pm

I've never liked it, and I've never liked how he refuses to give people the choice between the originals and the newer ones. But these changes are worse, particularly the NOOOOOOOOO added. I hope its a joke. And redubbing Alec Guinness?????????? Seriously. That is completely and utterly bad. I hope it is a joke; I hold out to it because the article says: "Note: some of the above may not be true. But would it really surprise you if they were?" If none of it is true, then I apologize. But yes, it would not surprise me.
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby Nate » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:11 pm

this is all we have left, guys. lucas is adding or changing some audio cues to the blu-ray release of the original trilogy because i guess now that he’s older, he is realizing that you can’t tell a story without having characters explain every possible motivation they have directly into the camera. so now when vader throws the emperor into the throne room pit, he goes “no. nooooo.” because before that, we assumed vader was on the emperor’s side, and in his zeal to celebrate the murder of his son, accidentally threw the emperor to his death and was too injured to carry out the killing himself, so he just took his helmet off and had a heart-to-heart with luke.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby AngelicTotoro » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:15 pm

Maybe George has been basking in the california sun a little too long? I mean, his braincells have obviously all melted away...
Why in the world would he dub over Alec Guinness with the new Obi Wan's voice? It's insane. Plus, I hated the fact that Lucas made Yoda CGI in the newer movies; but now he replaces the original muppet!? No way. Please say it isn't so.
(I luv me some serious muppet, so the whole Yoda change and then the Ewoks blinking... Ugh. NO.)
The main reason this worries me so much is... will I ever be able to buy the original three movies, without these awful changes? Or from now one will every single release have them? D:
The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul; He guides me in paths of righteousness For His name's sake. Even though I walk though the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy rod and Thy staff, they comfort me. Thou dost prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; Thou hast anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows. Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. Psalm 23
AngelicTotoro

Postby bigsleepj » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:24 pm

Long ago I made peace with the changes only to have them bubble up to the surface again. What angers many (myself included) is that Lucas bluntly refuses to give his fans a choice between the originals and the older ones and even refuses to acknowledge their right to ask it. One of DVD and BluRay's many blessings is that you can have multiple versions of a film on one disc, or one box-set (like Blade Runner and releases of The Exorcist and Dark City did), yet Lucas just don't want people to see the originals, as if he's ashamed of it.
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby Stephen » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:20 pm

Tell ya what this is doing. It is killing my love of Star Wars. Between all his other changes I find myself caring less and less each time. Lucas is a joke, and he should be punished for what he has done. The best way I can think of to do that is not offer my money towards anything he does.
Stephen

Postby Sheenar » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:37 am

This really disappoints me. I wish I could get the real original trilogy on DVD. The proposed changes are awful.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:52 am

Yeah, this is why I made sure to get copies of the original theatrical versions.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby K. Ayato » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:23 am

Only one way I can describe how I feel about this.

K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby Sheenar » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:00 am

Shao Feng-Li (post: 1501797) wrote:Yeah, this is why I made sure to get copies of the original theatrical versions.

I don't have a VCR. :(
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Cognitive Gear » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:35 am

Sheenar (post: 1501812) wrote:I don't have a VCR. :(

They came out on DVD in 2006. Unfortunately, they are now out of print, and prices skyrocketed with these recent announcements. :(
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby Nate » Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:12 pm

The theatrical version trilogy on DVD was still bogus though, because Lucas just can't stand that people want to see the originals and not his glorious changes. The DVD versions of the theatrical releases used video from the Laserdisc releases, meaning the quality on them is sub-par.

Nate

Postby blkmage » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:25 pm

Maybe George Lucas hates Star Wars.
blkmage

Postby Edward » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:34 pm

battletech (post: 1501729) wrote:Lucas has decided that the movies need to be fixed again.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

But seriously, this is completly unnecessary. The movies were just fine how they were originally made. We don't need blinking ewoks. Who's going to care? We don't need more "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"s that weren't in the original dialogue. We don't need a CGI Yoda when the puppet was just fine. And we certainly don't need to dub over the dialogue of the original trilogy just so it sounds like the prequels.
Edward

Postby Cognitive Gear » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:48 pm

blkmage (post: 1501870) wrote:Maybe George Lucas hates Star Wars.

[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

Cognitive Gear

Postby Yamamaya » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:55 pm

Cognitive Gear (post: 1501873) wrote:Image

WHAT A TWIST.

Yeah, but these changes at best sound completely unnecessary and at worse(Ewan dubbing over Obi-wan's lines) sound absolutely terrible.
Yamamaya

Postby Xeno » Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:26 pm

I just canceled my pre-order of the original trilogy because of this. I'm so sick of him ruining these movies. It's unacceptable, and not worth the plastic the films will be printed on.
Xeno

Postby bakura91 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:55 pm

YES! Hes done it again!! I remember seeing the OLD Star Wars which had all these lame models and I was like this doesnt look anywhere as good as Matrix 3 or episode 2. But Lucas got rad and improved the old ones with extra ships in the back round AND he gave the old jabbas palace music number a hipper sound. But recently I had to stop liking them cuz the effects wernt up to par with Transformers 3 but Lucas, this dude totally gets it!!! I just send the dude my 90 page list of improvements and new scenes/cg actors he should add to improve these movies. You guys can thank me for the next re-re-releases!!! May the force live long and prosper! or whatever they said.
bakura91

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:41 pm

Wait, as BS and terrible and everything as these changes are, is the Alec Guinness redub of just the Krayt Dragon scene, or is it in other parts? Because I cannot find anything about it.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Cognitive Gear » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:45 pm

Mr. Hat'n'Clogs (post: 1501889) wrote:Wait, as BS and terrible and everything as these changes are, is the Alec Guinness redub of just the Krayt Dragon scene, or is it in other parts? Because I cannot find anything about it.

Honestly I'd chalk it up to overblown rumors. I do know that the krayt dragon call is redone, but as far as I know the rest of his dialoge is in tact.

Cognitive Gear

Postby bakura91 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:13 pm

"And, of course, all of these changes seem particularly ironic in light of the recently unearthed testimony George Lucas gave Congress in 1988, to protest the then-popular trend of colorizing old black-and-white movies" (redubbed) Obi Wan: "May the money be with you."
bakura91

Postby ABlipinTime » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:51 pm

*muses while observing the mud-slinging*
Funny how fans care so much about the original that they lose chivalry or modesty or politeness (or whatever descriptive word you prefer of manners) when responding to the changes made by the creator. He did make it, and if he wants to change it, so be it. Like some have said: you don't have to buy it, and I suppose many won't.

In the meantime, I'll sit back and continue watching Star Trek. XD
- God is always with us, especially when we feel most alone.
http://ablipintime.deviantart.com/
Htom Sirveaux (post: 1435089) - "We should all start speaking telepathically."
Midori (post: 1457302) "Sometimes, if I try hard, I can speak in English."
(post: 1481465) "Overthinking is an art."
Goldenspines - "Fighting the bad guys and rescuing princesses from trolls and all that. "
ABlipinTime

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:54 pm

I never thought I would hear myself say this.

But.

I am beginning to hate Star Wars.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Neane » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:55 pm

This Makes me glad that I have the Old Star Wars VHS tapes.
As long as these Changes do not change the Canon of the Star Wars Universe: I will not start mud-slinging.
Neane

Postby Xeno » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:17 pm

ABlipinTime (post: 1501905) wrote:In the meantime, I'll sit back and continue watching Star Trek. XD

Because you can only like one of them? I'm a huge trekkie. In fact, I far prefer Star Trek to Star Wars, but that doesn't take away the fact that the Original Trilogy was a great series of movies, and that George Lucas continues to revamp and change them over and over and over again. They are no longer the movies they were back in the 70s and 80s. They've got so much digital enhancement and CGI in them now that it's terrible. And now he's adding lines into scenes that don't even need lines. The fact that Vader wordlessly [spoiler]kills the Emperor to save Luke[/spoiler] spoke VOLUMES. Now that he has to say "No. Nooooo!" while he does it not only cheapens the moment, but I feel it effectively kills the entire scene.

But your point stands, he made it, he can crap all over it if it he likes. Screw the fans, what do they matter. It's his Intellectual Property not theirs. Lets all go watch something good, like Star Trek V. :eyeroll:
Xeno

Postby Yuki-Anne » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:28 pm

Yep, keep those old VHS's. The value's only going up...

I need to check to make sure my parents still HAVE the old VHS tapes... I can't imagine them getting rid of them or anything.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Nate » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:02 am

Xeno wrote:But your point stands, he made it, he can crap all over it if it he likes.

I don't know bakura that well but judging from the things he said I'm assuming he was being sarcastic.
Screw the fans, what do they matter.

You act as if the Blu-Ray versions with all the changes still won't sell like gangbusters. You know these versions are still gonna sell millions of copies. For every one person who says "Star Wars is getting worse, I'm keeping my old VHS tapes," there's gonna be five people who are all "MUST HAVE BLU-RAY STAR WARS."

And that's why Lucas hasn't learned his lesson. Because the previous editions with all the changes sold marvelously. Of course, who knows, with Lucas, even if they didn't sell well he might take it as "That just means I didn't change ENOUGH!"

At this point I'm surprised he hasn't just tried to remake the original trilogy entirely honestly.

Nate

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:27 pm

Wait a second--

Star Trek and Star Wars are not mutually exclusive interests. They're not even all that similar once you get past the spaceships and weird aliens. I wish people would stop with that "THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE" stuff.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Next

Return to General Entertainment