Sports you play

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Sports you play

Postby Kisa » Fri Feb 20, 2004 4:52 pm

Just curious now that there is a sports page here, who all here plays sports and what do you play?
I swim, do kickboxing, play basketball, soccer, volleyball, ice hockey, and lacrosse. (currently lacrosse)
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby SwordSkill » Fri Feb 20, 2004 5:42 pm

i play lots of stuff on my own, but the one i REALLY like competing with others is basketball. XD
*Insert witty saying here*
SwordSkill

Postby Spiritsword » Fri Feb 20, 2004 5:49 pm

I'm not involved in any organized sports right now. In the past I've competed in soccer, swimming, track, and cross country. Currently I enjoy running, biking, hiking, walking, and just shooting around with a basketball. Sports I enjoy playing if I get the chance are soccer, basketball, and football.
Spiritsword

Postby shooraijin » Fri Feb 20, 2004 7:09 pm

I mostly play basketball, bowling (stuck with a 13# ball due to these huge hands of mine, though) and floor hockey (not as much of either one now that I'm a menial, knuckles-bled-dry-from-paperwork resident), though I do like to swim, and I used to play AYSO when I was younger. I'm still best at basketball, though (adequate enough for intramurals and the like).
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Reverie » Fri Feb 20, 2004 7:24 pm

I compete in cross country and track, though I also enjoy swimming, biking, speed skating, and skiing.
Foresight and Hindsight

Showed me two different streets.

The first showed me fame and fortune,

The second wishes to change my defeats.
Reverie

Postby andyroo » Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:03 pm

Swimming, Mountain Biking and Soccer are my sports. Soccer being my best.
"As vinegar to the teeth and smoke to the eyes, so is a sluggard to those who send him." ~Proverbs 10:26
†
The Ideas Behind Anime |

The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its limits.
A proud member of P.I.E. -- Pictures of Inkhana for Everyone! Join the fight!
andyroo

Postby Mave » Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:10 pm

Badminton. That's it, I don't really sport much. :sweat:
Mave

Postby Ashley » Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:18 pm

Volleyball and tennis top my charts, although I don't play either one with our school. Fencing looks really interesting to me, I'm going to try it in college. And I do love a good round of football. ^^
Ashley

Postby Mr. Rogers » Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:28 pm

Ashley wrote:Fencing looks really interesting to me, I'm going to try it in college.

i used to fence, it was really fun ^_^ but then i had to quick cause im too poor to continue :( but im gonna start again one day.
Mr. Rogers

Postby CobaltAngel » Sat Feb 21, 2004 11:35 am

Hehe... track is my favorite, but I also really like kickball, biking, basketball and swimming. ^_^
[align=right][align=center]
Invisible Children || Justice For Children

[/align]

[/align]
CobaltAngel

Postby Danyasaur » Sat Feb 21, 2004 1:59 pm

Biking, *I love going on 10/20 mile bike rides ^_^* Roller Blading, *I love Roller Blades ^_^* Golf, Soccer, Basket Ball, Trampalining, *ok, ok, it's not really a sport, but come on! it's so much fun! ^_^* and Sword Fighting! *ok, so I use plastic light sabers. . . so what? it's praticaly the same thing ^_^*
[color="DimGray"]I don't believe that I would die if I saw you face to face;
but that my spirit would become so alive it took my body's place.

- Danya[/color]
Danyasaur

Postby ZiP » Sat Feb 21, 2004 3:31 pm

Paint ball for sure, soccer, swimming, and i wrestle with my friends (not in like a leage or anything) and lets see, I jump on the trampoline if thats considered a sport ^o^ and I bike occasianly
--To Write Love on Her Arms

"That time and absence proves - Rather helps than hurts to love."

"Feelings, emotions, they are good, but they cannot be Love's foundation. When of Love, these things last. When of romance, these things end."

"Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get, it's what you are expected to give -- which is everything."
ZiP

Postby kirakira » Sat Feb 21, 2004 6:11 pm

Lesse....Whenever I can drag my lazy self outside, I run. I lovelovelovelove to go on big long rides with my horse. Heh, and whenever an unorganized game of soccer is going on, I can always be found knocking people down. *lol* Football is fun too. ^^ I used to fence, and it was really fun, and I was pretty good too, but then my coach left me. -_-*lol*
Love wins.
kirakira

Postby Link Antilles » Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:23 pm

Soccer is one of my favorite average sports. I've never played on a team; we use to just play street soccer a few years ago.

Skeet shooting is one of my favorites. Paint ball is fun, yet I can't afford a paintball gun, seeing how I bought a shotgun. I still practice archery in my backyard, now and then. I use to ride my bike, until I got a car. Tennis was fun, but all my equipment is beat up. I want to try out fencing during the summer or when I have extra time.
Link Antilles

Postby Ashley » Sun Feb 22, 2004 2:51 pm

Wow, I can't believe I forgot to post ice skating/roller blading. I ice skate in the winter and blade in the spring/summer to keep my ankles strong...although after tennis it made it rather difficult (I've torn the ligaments in my knee and ankle on one side and multiple sprains on the other one)
Ashley

Postby Shinja » Sun Feb 22, 2004 3:06 pm

yeah i play softball, and i spend alot of time walking thats about it for strenous sports. i love shooting: shotuns, rifles, pistols. i also practice the basics of kenjitsu every now and then. and work on my karate kata some times.
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby Omega Amen » Sun Feb 22, 2004 3:07 pm

I am consider myself to be very athletic, though I never played in organized sports. (As a typical loner, I played in pickup games.)

Before I suffered my torn right ACL two years ago (don't worry it has been replaced and healed by now), I was a fierce and capable basketball player.

I also was starting to reach an intermediate level in Chinese martial arts (think Shaolin and Tai Chi Ch'uan) before I suffer my ACL injury (in fact I got the injury from a sparring accident). However, I do not consider it a sport. It is an art in learning how to... dismantle and damage a person's body in extreme self-defense. The only exception I know is Wushu, which is a style specifically designed to be used in a competitive atmosphere like a martial art sport. (Jet Li is basically a prodigy in Wushu.)

In the meantime, I have been mainly weight-lifting and stationary cycling to keep in shape. I hope to return to basketball and practicing Chinese martial arts (maybe Wing Chun and Tai Chi Ch'uan), but first I want to get a nice paying job so I can afford surgery in case of another injury.
Find me on Steam, PlayStation Network (OmegaAmen), Backloggery, Twitter, and Twitch.tv

I am also in the Christian gaming group, Tribe of Judah in the Christian Gamers Alliance.
Omega Amen

Postby zoupzuop2 » Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:45 pm

WRESTLING!!!!!!
Go Scotts Valley High School!
And maybe other grappling arts...
...and badminton, I guess.
:dance:
"Akane's a sweet girl. She's just a violent maniac." -Kasumi Tendo :dance:

"He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." -Revelation 21:4:grin:

"It's a new generation
It's a divine inspiration
Always ready to follow
Ever willing to swallow
All the doctor's prescriptions..."
(Oingo Boingo, "New Generation")

Cold Miser pwns Heat Miser any day!
zoupzuop2

Postby Rachel » Mon Feb 23, 2004 5:04 pm

at my old school i played volleyball- i kill at that game! hehe just a little volleyball humor there. i also played soccer there too but alas i hurt my knee pretty bad so i no longer get to play sports. sports i didn't play on teams were football and basketball. the closest thing i have to a sport, but i guess it is a sport actually, is kickball. we play kickball every friday in JROTC. i must say that i kick pretty hard. former soccer players rule! yeah! ole, ole, ole, ole!
:rock: I mourn for those who never knew you

Click here for kick booty music!!

American by birth, Texan by the grace of God

This is where you can find me if I'm not on for a while
Rachel

Postby Angelchick » Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:00 pm

fencing is the only sport i do right now but i want to do tennis
everywhere i go i can't escape your energy - Skillet

this isn't war, but these are still battles
and battles make it all die out - Dead Poetic

Sometimes I don't know
Where I am
Where I'll be - A Thorn For Every Heart
Angelchick

Postby Da Rabid Duckie » Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:32 pm

I box. Image
Da Rabid Duckie -- Taking Over Your Country In Three Posts Or Less.

Join the Proud Nation of Temuoplis! Koei, Temuoplis!

Law of Japanese Animation #11 (Law of Inherent Combustibility)
Everything explodes. Everything.

In both real life and video games,
anything can be solved through the mass application of explosives. -- The Duck

Da Rabid Duckie, concerning Gypsy wrote:Gypsy doesn't realize this, but she's ditching whomever she's with and we're getting married. Uh huh. Yeah. Lil bro Zilch can be the best man, it'll be an explosive ceremony. Everyone is invited! We'll serve poutine at the reception, Straylight can DJ, and Shatterheart can start a mosh pit!
Gypsy, in acceptance wrote:Explosives and poutine? Alright!
Hey... she said it... :p
Da Rabid Duckie

Postby Inferno » Wed Feb 25, 2004 11:25 am

I play B-ball (basketball I yo don't know already)
"rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Philippians 4:4

METAL!!! :rock:

Member of headbangers united! \m/ >,< \m/

Myspace.com/cal3bsp3ncer
Inferno

Postby Saint Kevin » Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:52 pm

Ashley wrote: Wow, I can't believe I forgot to post ice skating/roller blading. I ice skate in the winter and blade in the spring/summer to keep my ankles strong...although after tennis it made it rather difficult (I've torn the ligaments in my knee and ankle on one side and multiple sprains on the other one)

I had no idea tennis could be so hard core. Ouch.

I want to preface my list with the following: I suck at sports. I'm no good at really any of them. Any competitive sport I've played I've simply warmed the bench. And I was always picked last at kickball :P, just kidding.

Anyway, roller hockey is the only sport I play with any frequency. Basketball would probably be next. Sports I enjoy, but almost never get to play are: Tennis, baseball, and football. It's pretty hard to get enough people for full baseball or football teams, and I don't really want to play in a league. So their you go, pretty much roller hockey. I also did Tae Kwon Do for a while, but it was too expensive to continue (like $80/month) without a job.
Our lives are but a vapor, let us not let waste our time and breath on vanities, but let us spend ourselves for the Kingdom, seeking a better resurrection.

Preaching the Bad News

My Live Journal
Saint Kevin

Postby Kisa » Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:50 am

Yea I am doing intramural basketball right now and college club lacrosse. ^_^ I am a sports managment major so I can't live without sports!
Kisa

Postby kirakira » Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:37 pm

Ooo, lacrosse. I've always wanted to play that. ^^
Love wins.
kirakira

Postby YesIExist » Fri Feb 27, 2004 10:23 pm

I don't really play sports, though kickboxing sounds interesting.
Idle hands are indeed the devil's playground. -_- :bang:
YesIExist

Postby Kisa » Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:30 am

Yea I had never played lacrosse beofore and they were building a team so I went out and its a blast! I love it! ^_^
Kickboxing is great too! It is sooo much fun and you get such a workout! ^_^
Kisa

Postby Icarus » Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:03 pm

Sports I enjoy include volleyball, trap, biking, and my favorite walking. Wandering from who knows where to a similar destination, I can't describe it. It's not going from point A to point B... Well, you can do that, just not in a strait line. Say A to B by way of C, F, G, and then loop around on your way back to hit E, Z, Y, and maybe aa.

Off rant.
The Forsworn War of 34

††
Icarus

Postby andyroo » Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:25 pm

Icarus wrote: Wandering from who knows where to a similar destination, I can't describe it. It's not going from point A to point B... Well, you can do that, just not in a strait line. Say A to B by way of C, F, G, and then loop around on your way back to hit E, Z, Y, and maybe aa.
The scenic route?
"As vinegar to the teeth and smoke to the eyes, so is a sluggard to those who send him." ~Proverbs 10:26
†
The Ideas Behind Anime |

The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its limits.
A proud member of P.I.E. -- Pictures of Inkhana for Everyone! Join the fight!
andyroo

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:14 pm

dan zan ryu jujitsu. Sport? i dunno. buts its physical nevertheless
Shao Feng-Li

Next

Return to General Entertainment