[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
Doctor Who Fans? - Page 2 - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

Doctor Who Fans?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby rocklobster » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:46 pm

OK, who's the fave doctor for everyone? I've always been partial to number 4. Good old Tom Baker.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby goldenspines » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:49 pm

rocklobster (post: 1372310) wrote:OK, who's the fave doctor for everyone? I've always been partial to number 4. Good old Tom Baker.

myself wrote: I learned to like every one the past doctors, in a different way for each. But Ten will forever be "my doctor."

Plus, Tennant was a good actor, imho.
goldenspines

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:09 pm

I don't think Jenny is a hybrid. I think since they were flash-cloning his DNA she was a well and true Gallifreyan.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby creed4 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:16 pm

Been a fan of DW for a long time
Tis No Fool to lose what he can not keep to gain what he can never lose.
What does it profit a man to gain the World yet lose his soul.
Choose Life that you Might live.
creed4

Postby Davidizer13 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:27 pm

goldenspines (post: 1372300) wrote:@David: Yeah, they are currently showing the fourth series(of the relaunch) in the States now. The next episode is even better. :3

Right, on BBC America, but a PBS affiliate in the area has been showing Doctor Who for as long as I can remember, and that's where I saw it. They've been going through 10th Doctor episodes for a while, but my friend (the one that got me started on the show) said a 9th Doctor episode showed up a while back, so who knows.
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby goldenspines » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:57 pm

Davidizer13 (post: 1372331) wrote:Right, on BBC America, but a PBS affiliate in the area has been showing Doctor Who for as long as I can remember, and that's where I saw it. They've been going through 10th Doctor episodes for a while, but my friend (the one that got me started on the show) said a 9th Doctor episode showed up a while back, so who knows.

Considering I watch DW on PBS as well, I can attest to the fact they did show the 9th Doctor's series a while back (a couple of times, too). XD They tend to show the newer series over and over and over again though, so that we will be so tired of them and finally they'll move onto new stuff. I hope they will at least air Tennant's four specials in the States someday though.
goldenspines

Postby Davidizer13 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:13 pm

goldenspines (post: 1372336) wrote:I hope they will at least air Tennant's four specials in the States someday though.

The promos for Doctor Who that show during BBC America shows on demand (on Comcast, at least) suggest that they're coming soon. Watch this space... (or rather, watch this network)

Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby acgifford » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:23 am

I cant really say my fav Dr. I havent seen all the them yet. Although between the three I know of the 8th, 9the , 10th David Tennant has been my fav.
acgifford

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:38 pm

I've seen most of the Doctors in action but my favourites are those I grew up watching repeats of (back in the late 80's/early 90s) - Tom Baker and Jon Pertwee. David Tennant is amazing too.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby bigsleepj » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:27 pm

Besides Matt Smith (briefly), Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant the only Doctor I've seen was William Hartnell, the First Doctor. I really liked him in the one serial I saw him in, even the serial itself was bizarre and flawed.
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby Makachop^^128 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:17 pm

I just started it but I'm confused if I should really start from the beginning and watch all of them or go to the new ones.
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

http://www.facebook.com/ShaylaChan

http://www.shelfari.com/shaylabot
http://myanimelist.net/profile/ShaylaBot
Makachop^^128

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:19 pm

You should be alright just picking up from the new seasons (start with the new series 1). The classic series is often cheesy and terribly done but there are some definite pearls amongst the swine.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Makachop^^128 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:20 pm

Oks thanks I was so confused about that. lol
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

Makachop^^128

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:12 pm

Makachop^^128 wrote:I just started it but I'm confused if I should really start from the beginning and watch all of them or go to the new ones.

Honestly, you could probably just pick any random volume off the shelf and roll with it. There's really little or nothing you need to know beforehand to watch any arbitrarily chosen story.

Warrior 4 Jesus wrote:The classic series is often cheesy and terribly done but there are some definite pearls amongst the swine.

Get thee behind me.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:30 pm

Wikis can be nice to catch up, as can knowledgable friends, but for this particular series, I don't especially recommend starting at the beginning unless you've got years to burn before you even reach the last twenty or thirty years.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby Makachop^^128 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:19 pm

thanks guys :D

Makachop^^128

Postby GeneD » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:46 pm

Like a lot of people here, I am a newcomer to DW. I broke into the fandom sometime last year with a BBC marathon. So far I've only seen the 9th and 10th doctor with the latter being my favourite, although I haven't seen everything from either of them. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on some of the old series.

I've been catching some reruns and specials the last few weeks though and last night saw the special where the 11th doctor arrives. I guess I have to wait and see how I will like him and while I'm sad that 10 is gone, I guess I'll have to give 11 the benefit of the doubt for now.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby acgifford » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:02 am

Thats cool GeneD. Yeah I'm not sure I will like the new doctor either but we'll see.
[color="Lime"]"Do or do not, there is no try." Yoda[/color]
[color="DarkOrange"]Psalm32: 1 Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.[/color]
Proud member of MOES!! You better believe I have no scrolling.^_~
[color="Blue"]Doctor Who fan!! [/color]:jump:
[color="Yellow"]"Dare to read, think, speak and write." John Adams[/color]
[color="Pink"]Proud Member of the SisterHoos! ^^[/color]
[color="Red"]Vash the Stampede: I meditate diligently every morning. The subject is Life and Love. I quit after three seconds.[/color]
acgifford

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:18 pm

Just saw the 11th hour!!

Wow... Just... Wow.

I watched a lot of the new Who after I became interested in the show, but due to my room mates, I'd already watched a LOT of the older stuff before, and for the first time I think I've found my doctor. The other doctors have always been highly entertaining to me, but this is the one that made me sit back and just go "Whooaaah..."

Right personality, right looks, AWESOME new Tardis, and the new companion is QUITE attractive.
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby creed4 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:47 pm

Etoh*the*Greato (post: 1386247) wrote:Just saw the 11th hour!!

Wow... Just... Wow.

I watched a lot of the new Who after I became interested in the show, but due to my room mates, I'd already watched a LOT of the older stuff before, and for the first time I think I've found my doctor. The other doctors have always been highly entertaining to me, but this is the one that made me sit back and just go "Whooaaah..."

Right personality, right looks, AWESOME new Tardis, and the new companion is QUITE attractive.

yes, it was more a tribute to the classic series
Tis No Fool to lose what he can not keep to gain what he can never lose.
What does it profit a man to gain the World yet lose his soul.
Choose Life that you Might live.
creed4

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:17 pm

I could definitely see that they were doing a lot to tie him in to the older series.
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby Wolf-man » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:13 pm

Doctor Who is awesome. The new series is not as good as the old stuff but it is still cool. I am excited for the new season to start. This weekend on BBC America!
Wolf-man

Postby acgifford » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:03 pm

Yay! My dad is downloading them. I can barely wait.8D
acgifford

Postby The Doctor » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:24 am

I'm a big Doctor Who fan. I watched reruns of the original series on PBS back in 2003 and was hooked ever since.

My personal favorites were numbers 4 (Tom Baker), 5 (Peter Davison), and 7 (Sylvestor McCoy). I wasn't too fond of the new show when it first came out, but I've really warmed up to it. Loved David Tennant, so he's now one of my favorite Doctors as well, and I'm loving Matt Smith so far.

I have high hopes for the series under Steve Moffat's watch.
My new project: Story Ship, a storyblog. Now updates are every Friday!
http://storyship.blogspot.com/

Check out my short film IMPACT. Trailer available at impactshortfilm.webs.com. Short film now available FREE at http://bit.ly/cglmZ6

"There is therefore now NO condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Romans 8:1
The Doctor

Postby Davidizer13 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:53 am

I saw The Eleventh Hour last night. It was good, though it wasn't my favorite episode of all time. It's got my hopes up for what this Doctor can do. He's definitely got the manic energy and attitude that you'd expect the Doctor to have, so he's all right in my eyes. But we'll really see what he's made of when the Angels and the Daleks (not together - maybe, though that would be awesome) show up in a couple weeks.

(Also, Amy is quite the looker.)

Davidizer13

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:18 pm

Davidizer13 (post: 1388981) wrote:I saw The Eleventh Hour last night. It was good, though it wasn't my favorite episode of all time. It's got my hopes up for what this Doctor can do. He's definitely got the manic energy and attitude that you'd expect the Doctor to have, so he's all right in my eyes. But we'll really see what he's made of when the Angels and the Daleks (not together - maybe, though that would be awesome) show up in a couple weeks.

(Also, Amy is quite the looker.)

Well, not every doctor was quite so manic as Tennant (Although that was one of my favorite traits of his Doctor). There have been some very methodical Doctors in the past. One of the brilliant things about the show is the built in excuse to essentially write a new character every few seasons. I love that he doesn't try to negotiate with everything. He's regained that sense of "I know what's right. I've been around for thousands of years." And I love that he's become slightly more alien again.
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby Ella Edric » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:43 pm

We watched Doctor Who The End of Time last night..... ;_; I'm gonna miss David Tennant. My absolute FAVORITE doctor is..... dead.... DDDDx Seriously, that guy can ACT!! xD
Ella Edric

Postby acgifford » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:21 pm

Yes. I love him. The most awesome Doctor ever.....Wah! I'm gonna miss him.
acgifford

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:45 pm

I'm another Tennant fan, although I've been digging into more classic Doctor Who lately, and Tom Baker's really growing on me.
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Location: Washington, DC (when I'm not in an alternate universe)

Postby Kung_Fu_Master » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:06 pm

Season 1: Bad Wolf
Season 2: How far the Doctor was was willing to sacrifice
Season 3: Marth's Inferiority Complex and seeing how far she could go
Season 4: The folds in reality around Donna and the second heart beat.
Specials: End of the song and four knocks.
and with Season 5 we have the smiling crack. Wonder where that will take us.
World Domination or Bust :thumb:
Kung_Fu_Master

Location: In the Animation department at school with hours of homework.

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment