Doctor Who Fans?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby sarahjoy78 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:04 am

omg!!!!!! I Love Doctor Who!!! I Know I'm A Little Late For This Whole Thread Thingy But Who Cares!!!! Doctor Who Is The BEST Show [B]EVER[/b]!!!!!
sarahjoy78

Postby MangaRocks! » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:19 pm

New Doctor Who movie discussion - update by Steven Moffat

So Yates was completely wrong, then-- thank goodness!!
Saved by grace.

MAL (Anime) - MAL (Manga) - MAL (Profile)

(^ And if you also have a MAL account, please feel free to send me a friend request there! :) )
MangaRocks!

Postby sarahjoy78 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:52 am

Manga Rocks, Saw your list of favorite Manga! Go Fruit Baskets! :D
sarahjoy78

Postby MangaRocks! » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:16 am

^ Indeed! :thumb:
Saved by grace.

MAL (Anime) - MAL (Manga) - MAL (Profile)

(^ And if you also have a MAL account, please feel free to send me a friend request there! :) )
MangaRocks!

Postby Twister980 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:14 am

Just saw the Christmas Episode. Not as many Narnia references as I would have liked, but it was a good episode. Bet they loved acting out the part at the end.
Image Image "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Twister980

Postby Adorima » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:10 am

The Christmas ep got me into Dr. Who, and sadly enough into Matt Smith...No, you guys don't understand, I'm into tall, skinny, pale guys! And what's a plus he was British and wearing a tweed suit. How could you not like that? :B
Adorima

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:20 am

I enjoyed the fuzzies in the episode, and the Doctor being whimsically crazy.

However...
[spoiler]having the father alive in the end felt lame to me. I was expecting some "We'll get through this" bittersweet stuff, but the ending felt it was being sunshiney happy because for some reason it had to be super happy.[/spoiler]
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby MomentOfInertia » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:50 am

Good episode, always fun to see the Doctor just "repairing" things that have developed a "fault"

FllMtl Novelist (post: 1523530) wrote:*Snip*
However...
[spoiler]having the father alive in the end felt lame to me. I was expecting some "We'll get through this" bittersweet stuff, but the ending felt it was being sunshiney happy because for some reason it had to be super happy.[/spoiler]

Actually, I kind of expected that.
[spoiler]People who are 'lost or 'missing' have a habit of tuning up again later. I tend not to treat someone as truly dead until we see the body, and possibly burn it. (blasted hero why wont you stay down!?)

Also Fu, you didn't complain when they did the same thing in Captain America :P[/spoiler]
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:06 am

MomentOfInertia (post: 1523533) wrote:[spoiler]People who are 'lost or 'missing' have a habit of tuning up again later. I tend not to treat someone as truly dead until we see the body, and possibly burn it. (blasted hero why wont you stay down!?)

Also Fu, you didn't complain when they did the same thing in Captain America :P[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I'm prone to doubt too, but the father's death felt like part of the worldbuilding, if you will, of the story. It was a foundation, and the 'fact' of his death influenced Madge and drove the family to that house in the first place. If he'd been known to be alive, or even just 'missing', there would have been no story. But he was reported 'dead', the family went here, had an adventure, and whoop-de-doo, turns out he's actually not dead! [SIZE="1"]And you thought that carpet was fastened to the floor. Tsk.[/SIZE]

Also, she kept it a secret from her children, which made it feel all the more cheap and convenient when it turned out he was alive.

...And Captain America wasn't not-dead until decades after the climax. Everybody he would have wanted to see again--and who missed him--was already dead. He wasn't kept alive exclusively for happy ending purposes. :P[/spoiler]

FllMtl Novelist

Postby goldenspines » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:20 pm

Last year's Christmas special was better, but this one was still nice, though mediocre.

[spoiler] I do agree with Fu to a certain extent, since I did see the father being a live part coming pretty early. I would have liked more surprise. I mean really, we're going through the TIME VORTEX guided by a recently widowed woman, you think she's not going to subconsciously save her hubby? Think again.
But despite all of the brilliant missed opportunities that weren't developed as much as they deserved (the self decorating Christmas trees, and the people in the mech), it was still a pleasant story and I found myself having happy tears (in a humany wumany way) in the end when the dad was alive because he followed a huge star. A star, HIS STAR, you guys. It was great. *A*

Then the part with Amy and the water pistol was lovely. [/spoiler]

goldenspines

Postby LadyRushia » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:37 pm

Happy crying, humany wumany stuff.

I enjoyed it a lot.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby Twister980 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:36 pm

First off, watched a review of G.I. Joe: Rise of the Cobra.

I didn't know Eccleston played Cobra Commander! D: xDD

That, and filming of the next season has already started.
Image Image "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Twister980

Postby Yuki-Anne » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:52 pm

I saw the picture of Matt, Karen, and Arthur on the set filming the next season, and felt all warm and fuzzy inside. ^_^
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Yuki-Anne » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:49 pm

Okay, double posties, PLUS I'm super late talking about the Christmas episode. I'm terrible.

[spoiler]I didn't like that right from the start it was a level of ridiculousness that challenged even the most avid fan's ability to suspend disbelief. The first ten minutes of the episode were just clumsy and over the top. The one shining star was definitely the performance of Claire Skinner, who, despite having a bizarre role that couldn't decide whether it was wide-eyed and whimsical or tragic and serious, played it convincingly with flair and class. She brought me to tears, even though I know there was no way the husband was staying dead, especially once they brought the time vortex in.[/spoiler]

Basically, the episode was predictable and over-the-top, and ranks at the bottom of Christmas specials for me. Seriously my least favorite, especially after the heart-rendingly beautiful special that was The Christmas Carol, which is my most favorite. Wardrobe was just disappointing.
Yuki-Anne

Postby GeneD » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:58 pm

Doctor Who season 6 thoughts post. It's full of spoilers and way too long. I hate being so behind with the series though because it feels like the discussion is over and everyone else had moved on, but I wrote all of this down and will post it even if no one reads it.

I’ve already posted ages ago about the first 2 episodes, so will just mention thoughts about each ep of the rest of the series.

The Curse of the Black Spot:
[spoiler]Weaker episode, especially coming off the whirlwind opening 2-parter. I found the monster felt very recycled from the season 1 episodes The Empty Child and The Doctor Dances, a medical device gone wrong. Unnecessary Rory death is unnecessary.[/spoiler]

The Doctor’s Wife:
[spoiler]This was a brilliant episode, probably my favourite of the season. I can’t think of something specific to mention that stood out as really cool because, basically, it was all too amazing for words. The Tardis seems to have a lot of corridors that all look the same though, but this could just have been some redecorating done by House.[/spoiler]

The Rebel Flesh & The Almost People:
[spoiler]I thoroughly enjoyed these eps, even though the twists of 2 ganger Jennifers and the ganger Doctor shoe swop were pretty predictable. Gangers are creepy but less scary than I anticipated. Amy being Flesh = major freak out moment.[/spoiler]

A Good Man Goes to War:
[spoiler]This one is a long one, where to begin?
Rory was amazing in this ep, love the return of the roman outfit.
I liked all the (new) characters, Silurian, Sontaran, etc. who joined the Doctor, although there was just not enough time to get fully invested in them all as characters.
The flesh-baby-melt bit was shocking, didn’t expect that at all.
I have mixed feelings about Time Lord River Song, but oh well.
I think the headless monks were a bit wasted and have so much more potential as beings who cannot be fooled or be reasoned with. Who knows, maybe they come back.
Apparently they wanted to do a Captain Jack cameo but John Barrowman wasn’t available, which is a pity because he is the easiest previous companion to bring over. Also it would have been glorious. Just imagine him flirting with both Amy AND Rory (and everyone else). On second thought though, I’m pretty sure putting him and River in the same room would cause a catastrophic, universe-destroying overload of innuendo.
River was conceived in the Tardis on the Ponds’ wedding night, so I am wondering if it is total coincidence that their wedding happened in the episode called The Big Bang? XD
Although I was 100% positive that River was Amy and Rory’s daughter, the reveal was really clever; I didn’t make the name association so that was cool. The Doctor’s reaction was GOLD.[/spoiler]

Let’s Kill Hitler:
[spoiler]I loved the comic energy of the episode, although it rushed through everything a bit.
I’m sorry, but the Mels introduction retcon flashbacks gave me serious Nikki and Paulo (from Lost) vibes. I definitely did not like the “she was there all alongâ€
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby The Doctor » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:45 pm

I think my Avatar and Screen Name on this site speaks for itself.

I loved the show before Russell T Davies brought it back.
My favorite Doctor is good old #4, Tom Baker.
I also like Peter Davison (5), Sylvester McCoy (7), David Tennant, and of course I love Matt Smith.
My new project: Story Ship, a storyblog. Now updates are every Friday!
http://storyship.blogspot.com/

Check out my short film IMPACT. Trailer available at impactshortfilm.webs.com. Short film now available FREE at http://bit.ly/cglmZ6

"There is therefore now NO condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Romans 8:1
The Doctor

Postby GeneD » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:17 am

NEW COMPANION ANNOUNCED AND MORE!

Here's a breakdown of all the news as found on twitter and other reports:

The actress is Jenna-Louise Coleman and she will be introduced in this year's Christmas episode.

There will be 5 episodes this year, then the Christmas Special, then 8 more eps next year.

After that there will apparently be more episodes in 2013 and Matt Smith's on board for all 2013 episodes.

Steven M "Amy & Rory will leave in a final encounter with the Weeping Angels in ep 5. Not everyone gets out alive and I mean it this time"

I've never heard of the actress before and my sister says she looks like a twelve year old, but I'm going to try and reserve judgement until we get to see her in action.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
GeneD

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:38 pm

Am psyched. About pretty much everything.

[SIZE="1"]But why only five episodes this year? D: That's not much to wait for...[/SIZE]

FllMtl Novelist

Postby MomentOfInertia » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:16 am

Cool, I look forward to it.
MomentOfInertia

Postby MomentOfInertia » Thu May 10, 2012 8:09 pm

A little something to tide you all over until the new episodes turn up.

Dalek Relaxation Tapes for humans

...RE-LAX!
MomentOfInertia

Postby AdriTan » Thu May 10, 2012 10:15 pm

GeneD (post: 1541838) wrote:NEW COMPANION ANNOUNCED AND MORE!

Here's a breakdown of all the news as found on twitter and other reports:

The actress is Jenna-Louise Coleman and she will be introduced in this year's Christmas episode.

There will be 5 episodes this year, then the Christmas Special, then 8 more eps next year.

After that there will apparently be more episodes in 2013 and Matt Smith's on board for all 2013 episodes.

Steven M "Amy & Rory will leave in a final encounter with the Weeping Angels in ep 5. Not everyone gets out alive and I mean it this time"

I've never heard of the actress before and my sister says she looks like a twelve year old, but I'm going to try and reserve judgement until we get to see her in action.

Yay!!! More weeping angels!!! Booooo dying is dumb and very unhealthy for you! I can't wait till this all comes out I love Doctor Who!!!!
Love Momma Flower @}~~,~
AdriTan

Postby Yuki-Anne » Fri May 11, 2012 8:07 pm

MomentOfInertia (post: 1556969) wrote:A little something to tide you all over until the new episodes turn up.

Dalek Relaxation Tapes for humans

...RE-LAX!

Lol. Oh my gosh.
Yuki-Anne

Postby Yuki-Anne » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:10 pm

Oops, double post. Anyhow, have you guys seen the trailer for the new season yet? EXCITED!
Yuki-Anne

Postby Solid Ronin » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:32 pm

I , Eric!, have seen it and I already hate it. Amy looks so freaking gorgeous and now I know shes leaving and taking a piece of me with her. which all goes to show how I need to learn to love less girls.

Goldie, you're the first to get cut.
Solid Ronin

Postby HetalianKatana4 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:04 am

I have seen it! Sooooo ecstatic!!!
"Even when a girl is as shy as a mouse, you still have to beware of the tiger within."- random Chinese proverb

My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/BleachBlue04?feature=mhee

My FanFiction account:
https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4095232
HetalianKatana4

Location: Either in Narnia, Soul Society, or America...I'm indecisive :P

Postby GeneD » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:01 am

According to sources on twitter the first 5 episode titles are as follows:

1: Asylum of the Daleks
2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship
3: A Town Called Mercy
4: The Power of Three
5: The Angels Take Manhattan

Series allegedly starts again on 1 September... but I haven't seen that officially confirmed elsewhere yet.

MAL
Twitter
GeneD

Postby Yuki-Anne » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:02 am

Ooh, those sound like promising titles!
Yuki-Anne

Postby Twister980 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:51 am

As the Doctor said... "Dinosaurs... On a spaceship!" All with a grin.
Twister980

Postby airichan623 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:12 pm

As for me, apparently Moffat said at comicon that either Amy or Rory was gonna die in the 5th episode...and I'm dying to find out who.

[color="Magenta"][SIZE="4"]愛理ちゃん六二三[/SIZE][/color]

DeviantArt[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]MAL[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]Tumblr
airichan623

Postby airichan623 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:15 am

Season 7 Begins September 1!

[color="Magenta"][SIZE="4"]愛理ちゃん六二三[/SIZE][/color]

DeviantArt[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]MAL[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]Tumblr
airichan623

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment