Spider-Man 2

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Spider-Man 2

Postby Inferno » Thu Feb 12, 2004 2:17 pm

How many of you have seen the trailer for SM?(Spider-Man) It looks really cool! If you havn't seen the trailer yet i've provided a link. you need quicktime to watch tho.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/spider-man_2/ Enjoy! :thumb: :rock:
"rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Philippians 4:4

METAL!!! :rock:

Member of headbangers united! \m/ >,< \m/

Myspace.com/cal3bsp3ncer
Inferno

Postby Da Rabid Duckie » Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:01 pm

I know quite a few people that aren't excited about this. Me personally, I just want to stick a few blasting caps in their undies ^_^

The original movie was one of the few comic-to-film translations that I was entirely happy with. The changes worked, you know? Like in the comic, it wouldn't hold these days that Parker was a chemical genius that inherited the web formula from his late father. Of course, that was make in the rather farfetched older days so it stuck then. Sorry, got a little off there....

Anyway, I've heard that Raimi didn't want to make this a "super sequel" to the original, but rather a smaller story with more character development. This is good, as that's why I always liked Spidey comics... ^_^
Da Rabid Duckie -- Taking Over Your Country In Three Posts Or Less.

Join the Proud Nation of Temuoplis! Koei, Temuoplis!

Law of Japanese Animation #11 (Law of Inherent Combustibility)
Everything explodes. Everything.

In both real life and video games,
anything can be solved through the mass application of explosives. -- The Duck

Da Rabid Duckie, concerning Gypsy wrote:Gypsy doesn't realize this, but she's ditching whomever she's with and we're getting married. Uh huh. Yeah. Lil bro Zilch can be the best man, it'll be an explosive ceremony. Everyone is invited! We'll serve poutine at the reception, Straylight can DJ, and Shatterheart can start a mosh pit!
Gypsy, in acceptance wrote:Explosives and poutine? Alright!
Hey... she said it... :p
Da Rabid Duckie

Postby cbwing0 » Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:18 pm

The movie looks good so far. Why aren't people excited about it?

I will definitely go see it when it comes out. Is it just me, or are there a lot of good movies coming out this year?
cbwing0

Postby thorn1ofmany » Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:45 pm

The first Spiderman movie rocked. Hopeful the second will further the story. Regardless, I'm seeing it . . . die hard fan and all.
A thorn in the side annoys.
A thorn in the heart slays.
thorn1ofmany

Postby Lochaber Axe » Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:50 pm

I've heard that the second movie will have a brief cameo by Venom and that both he and Carnage will be in the third movie. I hope that will be the case cause that would be awsome. What is your opinions on this?
Lochaber Axe

Postby Da Rabid Duckie » Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:11 pm

I'd really be disappointed if there were a Venom cameo in the second one.... that is, unless it were not Venom, but instead Eddie Brock. Also, if Spidey, in order to defeat Doc Ock, donned the black symbiote costume it'd set it up perfectly. Afterwards, they could start the third movie with Parker rejecting the symbiote, who finds Brock, and of course becomes Venom. He then could infect Cletus Kassidy, who becomes Carnage.

But back to the first point, I'd hate it if Venom were in the second one without explaining about the symbiote first. [spoiler]Part of the whole thing about Venom that made him dangerous was that Venom not only knew who Spidey really was, he knew Parker personally and knew everything about him from the memories that the symbiote absorbed. He knew Mary Jane, he knew Aunt May, and he knew how to nullify EVERY one of Spidey's abilities.[/spoiler] Spidey vs Venom was always awesome...
Da Rabid Duckie -- Taking Over Your Country In Three Posts Or Less.

Join the Proud Nation of Temuoplis! Koei, Temuoplis!

Law of Japanese Animation #11 (Law of Inherent Combustibility)
Everything explodes. Everything.

In both real life and video games,
anything can be solved through the mass application of explosives. -- The Duck

Da Rabid Duckie, concerning Gypsy wrote:Gypsy doesn't realize this, but she's ditching whomever she's with and we're getting married. Uh huh. Yeah. Lil bro Zilch can be the best man, it'll be an explosive ceremony. Everyone is invited! We'll serve poutine at the reception, Straylight can DJ, and Shatterheart can start a mosh pit!
Gypsy, in acceptance wrote:Explosives and poutine? Alright!
Hey... she said it... :p
Da Rabid Duckie

Postby Inferno » Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:42 am

yes spidey vs venom was always alsome which is why I look forward to the third movie.

Myspace.com/cal3bsp3ncer
Inferno

Postby Twilly Spree » Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:31 am

Um Toby is hot!

Besides that yes I'm excited. My mom is probably more pumped than me. It was the only comic she liked as a kid.
Maybe our mistakes are what make our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives? Perhaps if we never veered off course, we wouldn't fall in love, or have babies, or be who we are. After all, seasons change. So do cities. People come into your life and people go. But it's comforting to know the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're very lucky, a plane ride away.
-Sex in the City
Twilly Spree

Postby Lightbringer » Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:22 am

though im not a big Doc-oct i dont mind this time. cause he's a good charicter for a more realistic movie. As much as id like to see venom and carnage though. I dont think it would translate to screen well at all. Parker got that suit in a pretty long process that invovled other planets if i remember right. how are they going to set that up believably within the confines of a movie? anyway looks good but i hope they dont ruin venom and carnage cause if they do , their going to be up to their eyeballs with angry spidey fans.

Lightbringer // Aaron
Lightbringer // Aaron

Image Image
Join up! Darklight-The Chronicles of Tairis epic RPG
http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=5233
Lightbringer

Postby wiggins » Fri Feb 13, 2004 12:10 pm

Go Spidey!
Being a Christian makes me a different otaku; Being an otaku doesn't make me a different Christian!
wiggins

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:28 pm

While the good doctor will be interesting, I must say that I am far more interested in seeing Venom and Carnage.

This looks to be a possibly very good sequel. If the information about more character development is correct, I'll be pleased on that account as well. I'm sure there will be numerous cool scenes as well, of course.

What I thought was interesting is that they never said the name of the movie, unless the name is honestly "2." That is pretty stylish, though a movie named 2 would also be somewhat original. I mean, everyone expected Spiderman 2, and I was waiting for the name the entire preview... and it never appeared. I liked this.
uc pseudonym

Postby Lochaber Axe » Fri Feb 13, 2004 6:40 pm

I never said that Venom and Carnage were going to be in the movies. I said that I had heard that they could be in there. This was not meant to seem as if I had information that none of you would have that talked about the symbiotes in 2 and 3. I will research it, but I wouldn't hang on to your hopes. Even though I myself hope they will be.
Lochaber Axe

Postby Lochaber Axe » Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:06 pm

Sorry about the double post... and the hat...

Well a quick search and I found out that there is a rumor that there will be a moon incident in the third movie. This one will be about an astronaut becoming Man-Wolf (Could someone elaborate on who this is? I don't even remember such a character). Could Venom not be far behind?
Lochaber Axe

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Feb 14, 2004 12:33 pm

Lochaber Axe wrote:I never said that Venom and Carnage were going to be in the movies. I said that I had heard that they could be in there.

I've heard the same from a semi-reputable source, so when people in this thread were assuming the same, I figured it was as safe a bet as one can make about a movie that far in the future. Personally I would much rather have symbiotes than astronauts.
uc pseudonym

Postby Inferno » Mon Feb 16, 2004 4:42 am

well any ways I can't wait for any of the movies. :grin:

Myspace.com/cal3bsp3ncer
Inferno

Postby SManBeyond » Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:39 am

I expect Spider-Man 2 to be much better than the first.

My only qualm about having Doc Ock is that he looks kind of...um...unreal in the trailer. Still, maybe my view will change as I watch the film. For instance, as the first film progressed I found myself liking the suit of the Green Goblin.

But yeah, I'm really looking forward to this film. I think that Peter will finally tell Mary Jane that he's Spiderman by the end of this movie. Not that she doesn't already suspect, but...
"Love means to love that which is unlovable; or it is no virtue at all." G. K. Chesterton

Founder of S.T.R.A.W.B.E.R.R.Y. R.H.U.B.A.R.B. P.I.E.

[url=smanbeyond.blogspot.com]My Blog[/url]
SManBeyond

Postby Bobtheduck » Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:12 pm

"And he's wearing that old power rangers mask, and he's trying to kill everyone"

hehehe... Weird al...

I have to say... Willem Dafoe is about the ugliest man in showbusiness. Now, maybe I'm a guy so I have little say in this area, but he just is... And he's creepy no matter what role he plays...

As for Doc ock, It would be nice for this battle to transition into more recent spidey events.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:46 pm

I actually thought Doc Ock looked pretty good, though I haven't properly seen his back. Due to the suit, I thought that the Green Goblin looked pretty unrealistic, actually. I didn't really complain, though.

Also, I'm hoping for some more cool spider sense things, such as in the first movie where it focuses in on many things in slow motion. And where he dodges the punch. His expression of surprise as he watches it ooze by is great... and that's what Spiderman is really all about: an ordinary kid trying to understand supernatural power.
uc pseudonym

Postby wiggins » Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:13 pm

I was more of the thinking that Spiderman was really about "Great power comes with great responsibility" Anyhow, about the Man-wolf, I've never heard of him, but I did read a spidey comic in the sunday papers in California back when Spidey was still in the sunday comic section about a werewolf character. Maybe that's Man-wolf...
Being a Christian makes me a different otaku; Being an otaku doesn't make me a different Christian!
wiggins

Postby Inferno » Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:37 pm

they really had spidey comics in the sunday paper! Man I had no idea! :o

Myspace.com/cal3bsp3ncer
Inferno

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:50 am

"With great power comes great responsibility" is a good theme, but not the underlying one of the comic. Then again, that's just in my opinion, and the entire issue is somewhat irrelevant. It's sad when people rip each other up over literary interpretation of such negligable issues.
uc pseudonym

Postby Lightbringer » Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:41 am

True, id hate to see such a great charicter get undermined by different interpretations of what he does and such. I myself have always loved the fact that Peter Parker had a real family life to go with his superhero alter-ego. and the struggle he had trying to acsept the lies he has to tell everyone in order to keep them safe. Though I cant remember if they ALL found out at the end. havn't read any comics for a while. they kind of stopped selling them anywhere near me. I like them but im not going on a monthly hunt for em. ya know. lol. anyway. im done.

Lightbringer // Aaron
Lightbringer // Aaron

Image Image
Join up! Darklight-The Chronicles of Tairis epic RPG
http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=5233
Lightbringer

Postby MasterDias » Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:57 am

Man-Wolf...
Sounds more like a Batman villian actually. Man-Bat, anyone?

But there are a ton of Spiderman villians and I'm sure Man-Wolf is probably one of them.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby Fsiphskilm » Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:16 pm

I don't know a
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby SManBeyond » Wed Apr 14, 2004 5:51 am

Has anyone seen the new two and a half minute Spiderman 2 trailer yet? I just saw it and it was pretty good.
"Love means to love that which is unlovable; or it is no virtue at all." G. K. Chesterton

SManBeyond

Postby Rachel » Sun Apr 18, 2004 5:06 pm

i cannot wait for sm2 to come out! i saw the new trailer for it when i went to see the punisher friday night and it freakin rocked! spidey was always my favorite comic book and cartoon. i used to think peter parker was kind of hot. but y'all didn't need to know that. anyways i cant wait for it to come out.
:rock: I mourn for those who never knew you

Click here for kick booty music!!

American by birth, Texan by the grace of God

This is where you can find me if I'm not on for a while
Rachel

Postby Ashley » Sun Apr 18, 2004 5:56 pm

At first I was like, "meh" but I saw the extended trailer today and it looks really awesome. I guess it answers a lot of my "comic book" questions--really addresses the whole superheroes with real lives thing. I remember wondering as a kid, well when does Batman ever sleep? And does Superman get lonely cause he can't date Lois? Etc.

And of course, the part in the trailer where...
[spoiler] Harry pulls off the mask [/spoiler] looked great too
Ashley

Postby SManBeyond » Tue Apr 20, 2004 4:42 am

I agree with you about the superhero issues. Spiderman comics have always been good with addressing that kind of thing.

Regarding your spoiler text however,

[spoiler="title here"] I think that Peter tricks Doc Ock into bringing a dummy to Harry, so that when he pulls off the mask, he finds nothing. The other possibility is that it IS Peter inside of the suit when they capture him, but if I recall correctly there was an incident in the comics (which the movies adhere reasonably close to) where Peter was unmasked by Doc Ock during a fight in front of lots of people, but Peter had a cold that day and had lost all of his spider powers, and thus Doc Ock didn't think he was fighting the real Spiderman. Thus he and everyone assumed that Peter was posing as Spiderman and thus had put on the costume in order to gain some popularity.

I agree that someone finds out about Peter's secret this movie, but I think it's going to be Mary Jane, not Harry.[/spoiler]

SManBeyond

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:05 am

In the older preview we have a hint that might be so. Mary Jane asks to kiss him, and I think she wanted to see if he was the same as the time she kissed Spiderman. I'm inclined to agree with you there, but it's also possible that more than one person finds out Peter's secret.
uc pseudonym

Postby SManBeyond » Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:21 am

True, but I think it'd be a bad idea to have more than one person find out Peter's secret in any one movie.

SManBeyond

Next

Return to General Entertainment