Matrix Revolutions

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Matrix Revolutions

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Nov 04, 2003 1:30 pm

As I'm sure we all know, there are midnight showings of Matrix: Revolutions coming pretty soon. I figured I'd beat all of you who are crazy enough to go to this showing to the punch and start a thread. Hah!

In all seriousness, I'm very interested what you think. Obviously, there shouldn't be any spoilers, but I'm curious to see what the general consensus is.
uc pseudonym

Postby madphilb » Tue Nov 04, 2003 2:07 pm

Sadly, I'm going to wait till Saturday to see it, I was thinking about going Thursday afternoon, but with the transition between companies (the company I work for was bought out), I've got too much to do before Friday afternoon when it's all supposed to come to an end... so after I sleep in on saturday (the first time since Febuary) I'm planning on going to see it.

PHIL
madphilb

Postby Michael » Tue Nov 04, 2003 5:05 pm

I gotta wait until Saturday. DANGIT!
[font="Times New Roman"][SIZE="4"]S.D.G.[/SIZE][/font]
Michael

Postby senjutsu » Tue Nov 04, 2003 6:08 pm

yeah,my friend just bought some tickets for us to see the opening show.strangely enough the first showing isn't at midnight like i thought it would be,its at 9:00 a.m. . oh well,i think i can handle it XD. i hope this final installment lives up to the first 2.
-Tenjou Tenka Yuiga Dokuson-
senjutsu

Postby Benu » Tue Nov 04, 2003 8:12 pm

won't see it till it comes out on DVD. It's not that I wouldn't love to see it but my pastor prevents any of his members from going to the movies. I know but don't even ask I'm as confused about that as some of you must be, but than again obidence is better than sacrafice. Anyway I love the Matrix and I just picked up Reloaded and it was sweet!!
"We join the "Christian" club and separate ourselves from the world, and the world still sits on the outside, dying for someone to demonstrate what it means to believe." - Matthew Paul Turner
Benu

Postby shooraijin » Tue Nov 04, 2003 8:24 pm

I'll be going Saturday, most likely. My friend in LA has been advised, nay, ordered under pain of imminent torture! not to go see it without me.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby VashTheStampede » Tue Nov 04, 2003 8:26 pm

Me and my buddies just bought tickets this afternoon to the show tomorrow night at 9:00 :thumb: can't wait to see it. I thought the first 2 were great, and I can't wait to see how this one is too.
I felt Your hands move mine aside, as those nails were driven down [[color=Gold]†][/color]
"There is a time for everything. A season for every purpose under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1

~Do not have feelings of animosity and resentment towards the depressing times in your life, but turn to God in praise for the days He gives you. Along with the times of joy He blesses you with, also come the times of hardship. For how can one reach for the stars without darkness?~

"Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good." Romans 12:21

"And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love." 1 Corinthians 13:13

"But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed." Isaiah 53:5 (NIV)

Digitally Imported Radio<-~-~Love Techno?~:cool:
Myspace!<--PM me for info if you wanna add me:sweat:
VashTheStampede

Postby Ashley » Tue Nov 04, 2003 8:28 pm

I'll probably try to see it Saturday too.
Ashley

Postby SenseiPenPen » Wed Nov 05, 2003 11:27 am

I just saw the first showing at 9 AM this morning. I liked it... What'd the rest of you think?
"How can I ever save the world /on cup-o-soup and student loans?" - Five Iron Frenzy, "Where the Zero Meets the Fifteen"
SenseiPenPen

Postby true_noir_chloe » Wed Nov 05, 2003 11:36 am

You saw it? You're so lucky. :dance: I told my kiddos if they did all their school work we'd try to go tonight. That is, if it's not sold out by the time they get their school work done.

[size=84][color=seagreen]YOU SEE

You see into the deepest part of me ---

beyond the fog I hide behind.

You cast your light upon the shadows

that stretch like cobwebs in my mind.

You ease the pain when I am hurting,

and morbid visions from my past

pierce into the realm of Reason

as though I danced on blades of glass.

You grant me strength when I have fallen

and, once again, I've lost my way.

You take my hand in Yours and lead me

into the promise of a brand new day.

You bring order to all my chaos,

yet set my well-laid plans awry.

You place me on a firm foundation ---

then give me wings so I can fly.

You sand away my roughened edges

and polish all the dullest parts

until I stand before Your presence...

a newly-sculpted work of art.

You see into the heart within me,

right through my motives and selfish will.

And yet, in spite of all You see

You say You love me even still.

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Postby shooraijin » Wed Nov 05, 2003 11:40 am

Man, at 9am? Some of us work, or use computers at work and read CAA, or ... ;)
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Saint » Wed Nov 05, 2003 12:20 pm

yes they had the time equal across the nation for the first showing in my time zone it was 8am. yet i couldn't bring myself to get up so early for a movie so my friends and i went at 10 something.
It's good. :) better than the second and no needless sexual parts this time. Also some of the fights get crazy, makes me think of DBZ.
We are saved by grace thru faith, not of works... "keep on fighting for grace"
Saint

Postby Bobtheduck » Wed Nov 05, 2003 12:43 pm

Marlboro10tacle wrote:I don't watch the Matrix because it's based on a Marxist text. Not how the word Matrix is almost an anagram of Marxist.

a marxist text? How so? Are the robots the bourgeoisie and the Humans the proliteriats? Or the other way around? If the robots are the bourgeoisie, they how do you explain the abuse they received in Second Renaisance? That doesn't fit with Marx, does it? Or are the humans the bourgeoisie? Nah, I think you're pulling that out of the air.

As for whoever saw it, did it have the same sort of content that reloaded did, or was it cleaned up a bit?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Fsiphskilm » Wed Nov 05, 2003 1:23 pm

Wait a min.
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby Straylight » Wed Nov 05, 2003 1:34 pm

I'm looking forward to Revolutions, and definatly plan to see it. As for the lack of advertising I personally don't think they needed any -- they built up the momentum using the Reloaded hype campaign.

The important thing to remember is that the guys who wrote the scripts planned on a trilogy from the very start. The end of "The Matrix" leaves you wanting more.. on its own the story is incomplete.

I was never around as the original Star Wars trilogy came out, but I bet loads of similar arguments were flying around...

I'm sure that in about 10 years time, the Matrix trilogy will be up there with the rest of the classics.
[align=center]
Banner above created using my avatar generator tool.
You know you want try it.
Straylight

Postby Dirge » Wed Nov 05, 2003 1:55 pm

Admit it, the 2nd was horribly done, all the christian elements: GONE. Make sense factor: DOWN 100%.

It's been a while since I've seen the Reloaded, but I think that what you say here are really.. sort-of true..
The christian elements were not as obvious as the first one- it seemed more focused on Neo's progress in being "the one".. but when he first turns up in Zion, remember that guy that kept annoying him about "how Neo saved him"? (and he goes "I didnt save you, you saved yourself") I think thats putting emphasis on the fact that he's kinda like Jesus.. and he's going around saving ppl- and when all the people wanted to give him food for 'help' ..ya.. sounds like when Jesus was walking around giving his little preaching things to the people at the climax of his.. roam of earth..thing..
haha- "make sense factor" that's an intresting picture in my mind for some reason.. A thermomiter goes WAY down XD ..maybe even bloat up and explode.. heehee
((and I cant spell worth chicken))
I think the ending was the most confusing part XO
when he's in the white room with that old guy.. in all white.. yus- I was very confused. I dont even remember what he was talking about, I was that confused. All I remember is Neo on different screens cussing him out and flicking him off XD and the real Neo's just standing there- but I think that has significance too.. like.. he had other past lives or something and in THIS life he is "the one" b/c in the Enter the Matrix the Orical goes "maybe in another life, but not this one" (to throw him off)

((haha, now that I've done a completely pointless analysis))
On to the subject of the board- I havent seen the new one yet (obviously I think o.o) and I haven't heard anything about pre-show tickets or whatever.. where do you people live? I'm in teh U.S.A.. which feels really weird to say.. Ok I shut up now
:rock:

Where do you go when you just dont know, and how do we relight the flame when it's cold?
Why do we dream when our thoughts mean nothing, and when will we learn to control?
I need serenity, In a place where I can't hide. I need serenity, Nothing changes days go by.
Dirge

Postby Link Antilles » Wed Nov 05, 2003 4:41 pm

I saw it today at 2:40 pm! To tell the true.... I'm not really sure what I think about it. All I know is the Mech scene was freaking awesome! I'm going again friday with my buds.
Link Antilles

Postby Lightbringer » Wed Nov 05, 2003 5:05 pm

Matrix Revolutions. i thought it was great. much better in my opinion then Reloaded. As far as content there was a slightly nasty pan shot of a couple though the person was covered on top (by the other person :( ) anyway, it lasted about 2.4 seconds i believe so other then that it was all good. great movie :thumb:

I was lucky enough to get intoday at 12:30 , Shatterheart and I saw it.

Lightbringer // Aaron
Lightbringer // Aaron

Image Image
Join up! Darklight-The Chronicles of Tairis epic RPG
http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=5233
Lightbringer

Postby Saint » Wed Nov 05, 2003 5:14 pm

Wow, i don't even remember the 3 sec. glimps of the couple. hehe, so much action/fights in the movie. still, in that way it is soo much cleaner than the second.
Saint

Postby Saint » Wed Nov 05, 2003 5:18 pm

For those who have seen it did it seem to be a bitter-sweet movie to you? I walked away from it and could be happy or sad about it... i am not sure i was really one or the other. maybe that is a sign that it was well written. atleast as far as Sci-fi/action movies go. ;)
Saint

Postby Link Antilles » Wed Nov 05, 2003 6:33 pm

[quote="Saint"]For those who have seen it did it seem to be a bitter-sweet movie to you? I walked away from it and could be happy or sad about it... i am not sure i was really one or the other. maybe that is a sign that it was well written. atleast as far as Sci-fi/action movies go. ]

Yeah, I guess that's why I don't know what to think about it.
Link Antilles

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:30 am

It's good to hear that some of you think it was good. I will get around to seeing it one of these times. I want to see it with my dad, though, and I still have to get him to watch Reloaded.

I have to speak up on a few other issues, however. You're going to run into some big problems if you try to put Christian elements into any of the Matrix trilogy. It's a secular work full of mysticism, and it always will be. We really shouldn't directly try to corrolate anything.

About the second movie making sense... I'm awed at the number of people who slam the movie while completely misunderstanding it (I'm not referring to those of you here on CAA). A friend of mine rented it, and after watching it, he said "Wait a minute, is the Oracle a person or a program?" Misunderstanding that kind of takes away a good bit of the movie. That isn't the worst I've seen, either.

Really, people, if you don't understand the Architect scene, you didn't understand the movie. While Reloaded was overall light on plot, that scene alone had about half a movie's worth.
uc pseudonym

Postby Stephen » Thu Nov 06, 2003 10:18 am

Have I yet mentioned that I loved Revolutions? I think it blew Reloaded out of the water...(even the CG work was nicer this time...and some of the camera stuff was..."whack") Other then a 2 second little rave scene in which is everything is covered. [spoiler=adult content] there is a scene in which we see what I guess are 2 lesbians, in which one is pinching the others nipples...for about 2 seconds as the camera passes by...as I said her hands cover everything[/spoiler]

Anyway overall I think this last movie is on par with the first one. I loved it and would recomend you see it. If there is a question about the content...wait till its on dvd and as soon as they say somthing about visiting the frenchmans place...skiparoo.
Stephen

Postby Saint » Thu Nov 06, 2003 10:41 am

yeah, after seeing it last night for the second time i did notice the ladies at the party. how pointless. it seems they have that 3 sec. shot in there just to get 'sexual content' in the R rating.
Saint

Postby Dirge » Thu Nov 06, 2003 2:19 pm

Just goes to show you how fooked up this world can be -_-

Where do you go when you just dont know, and how do we relight the flame when it's cold?
Why do we dream when our thoughts mean nothing, and when will we learn to control?
I need serenity, In a place where I can't hide. I need serenity, Nothing changes days go by.
Dirge

Postby MasterDias » Thu Nov 06, 2003 2:35 pm

Well, if they don't have "enough" content to earn the rating they are going for, they just add more. It's not the way that things should be done but it's the way it works nevertheless.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby Dirge » Thu Nov 06, 2003 2:38 pm

oOOOoh!! nice FFX avatar masterdias ^.^

Dirge

Postby madphilb » Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:35 pm

Saw it this afternoon (was planning on seeing it Saturday, but changed my plans).

The movie was good, but I was disapointed with the rave scene in this one... I have a feeling this one won't be as easy to skip as the one in Reloaded (next scene from the start of the "rave" scene in Reloaded starts with the camera pulling away from Neo "keekid" in bed, but anyway...)

The movie was great otherwise... good story, great effects...

Though I do have to say this... those that haven't played "Enter the Matrix" are missing some of the story (anyone else go "oh!" when they saw the "train man?")

PHIL
madphilb

Postby Haibane Shadsie » Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:45 pm

I just got back from seeing it.

Yes, it blew "Reloaded" out of the water. I didn't notice the sexual content that others apparently did. I'll have to watch it again.

Kid rocked. *Hugs Kid*. And that little program-girl... and I loved the mech battle scenes! The mechs and the machines in thoses scenes reminded me of stuff out of "The Animatrix" :thumb:

And... the Machine City... that... was just cool.

[spoiler=Ending Thoughts]I found the ending weak however. And the scene with the machine-Archetict and... what happened with Neo at the end... just... obnoxious. It made me think in a weird way of a rippoff of the Cross... It is done... Gah. That was just obnoxious. I also see the peace forged as being rather lame as in all reality I think the machines would have won - or that they will eventually go back to using humans as batteries - not just the ones who want it. That was not explained well[/spoiler]
"We will never give up and despair, for we are on a mission from God." __ Hellsing, Vol. 2.
Haibane Shadsie

Postby Shinja » Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:46 pm

i thought it was way better than reloaded, the action was the best ive seen in a long time, but had alot of issues with all the newage hints throughout the film.

you know for people who seem to need God the most they sure do take his name in vein alot,
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Next

Return to General Entertainment