What would make you walk out of Episode III?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

What would make you walk out of Episode III?

Postby Link Antilles » Sun Aug 17, 2003 7:58 pm

What would Make You Walk Out of Episode III?
I saw this topic on another forum and thought it was pretty spiffy.

There will most likely be spoilers in here!

Anyways, what would make you walk out of Episode III? I guess you can also include stuff that'd merely disappoint you that was/wasn't in there too.

For me:

1. If Jar Jar has a pivotal role in any of the movies' major events.

2. CGI Darth Vader.

3. If George Lucas plays a part.

4. If Sidious isn't Palpatine.

5. If at any point I see Geordi or Data walking around somewhere.

6. If it turns out Anakin did have a father.

Well, that's all I have for now. :thumb:

Truthfully, I wouldn't walk out.
Link Antilles

Postby Zal-Utaon III » Sun Aug 17, 2003 8:21 pm

1 and oooo 5
I Have no idea what the movies plot is going to be. Except the fall of the jedi concil soo id watch it anyway.
Jar Jar :evil:
"Gha Bah Glab.. Bah Bah ha.. The Foolish Samurai" -Aku
Zal-Utaon III

Postby Mineko » Sun Aug 17, 2003 9:13 pm

Oh, hm... I dunno about this one. If they have the same actor for Anakin as the second episode did, than I'll walk out. Or, I guess, if he's as bad an actor as he was in the second, then, I'd walk out. Hehe, I'm horrible, I know...
Mineko

Postby Mimichan » Sun Aug 17, 2003 9:33 pm

I agree with Mineko. That actor who played Anakin was pretty bad. For me...I wouldn't walk out, I'd simply wait until it hit the dollar theatre where I live. Hey, I can even put up with Jar Jar for a dollar!!^_^.

"Why do people not notice until they lose it?
What it is that's truly important...
Although I can't afford to forgive even myself,
Because you were there,
I was able to be myself (Natural).
I want to be honest...I want to be kind...
I want to be the adult I once (in my childhood) longed to be.
I go on fighting against the heart to run away...
I go on fighting against that invisible something!"
---

True Navigation: Two MIX
Mimichan

Postby shooraijin » Sun Aug 17, 2003 10:06 pm

#2 would really stink.

I didn't mind Hayden *dodges tomatoes and toaster ovens* but I will admit there were many other more qualified actors to play the role. Fortunately, Ewan McGregor carries the series. He's an excellent Obi-Wan, and probably the main reason I'll see Episode III regardless.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Rashiir » Sun Aug 17, 2003 10:24 pm

How about an inappropriate pointless sex scene? *cough*Matrix Reloaded*cough*
"Be joyful always." - 1 Thes 5:16
Rashiir

Postby shooraijin » Sun Aug 17, 2003 10:40 pm

> *cough*Matrix Reloaded*cough*

The entire Zion quasi-orgy, let alone the sex business, was also totally pointless. I've forgiven the Wachowskis because MR was supposed to be only half a movie, but Revolutions had better be absolutely spellbinding or I'll be a seriously unhappy camper. ("You wouldn't like me when I'm [a seriously unhappy camper].")
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Rashiir » Sun Aug 17, 2003 11:02 pm

Yah, that whole thing was terrible.

Basically, I'm going to be disappointed with Ep 3 unless it has a storyline half as good as KotOR. So basically, I'm going to be disappointed.
Rashiir

Postby ShiroiHikari » Mon Aug 18, 2003 12:14 am

I don't have very high expectations for Episode III, but I'll probably go see it anyway. Because I'm a big Ewan McGregor fan. Hehe. He rawks.

Yeah, it'd probably take something like gratuitous sex to make me walk out of a Star Wars movie. I've never ever ever walked out of a movie, period. Although I reeeeally wanted to walk out of Matrix Reloaded. That movie was so embarrassing. (Hrm, maybe someone should start a thread about that so this one doesn't get off topic. Lol.)

But yeah, the only one of the new Trilogy I liked was Episode I. And I walked outta there mesmerized because of the lightsaber fight scenes. Then after the fifth or sixth time, the excitement wore off and I said "You know...this movie isn't very good..." o_O
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby EireWolf » Mon Aug 18, 2003 7:15 pm

Mineko wrote:Oh, hm... I dunno about this one. If they have the same actor for Anakin as the second episode did, than I'll walk out. Or, I guess, if he's as bad an actor as he was in the second, then, I'd walk out. Hehe, I'm horrible, I know...

I fully agree with you there. He just sucked... especially after the cute and talented kid that played Anakin in Episode I.

Let's see... what would make me walk out on Episode III?... If Anakin turns out to become Darth Vader, then I'll be really **** off. :shady:

:lol:

Let me also add my $.02 that I was quite disappointed with Matrix Reloaded. Not only the gratuitous sex scene, but the gratuitous and waaaaaaaaay overlong fight scene with Agents Smith. :rolls_eye
EireWolf

Postby MyrrhLynn » Tue Aug 19, 2003 8:17 am

Rashiir wrote:How about an inappropriate pointless sex scene? *cough*Matrix Reloaded*cough*

Yeah that is probably the one thing that would make me get up and leave the theater.

Although I do wish they gave the girl Jedi some fighting time (I mean we saw one in the background of Episode I why can't she fight!). But that is just my "you go girlness" coming out. :lol:

:x:Anti Yaoi Fans :x: Daystar Design :x: MyrrhLynn.NET :x: Need an avatar? Then Click here!

"Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES."
MyrrhLynn

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Tue Aug 19, 2003 9:03 am

Maybe if there was a musical number...
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Postby Link Antilles » Tue Aug 19, 2003 12:52 pm

TheMelodyMaker wrote:Maybe if there was a musical number...

Yeah, if Yoda rapped, lol
Link Antilles

Postby Rashiir » Tue Aug 19, 2003 4:36 pm

"I'm Yoda, I'm a soldier,
I'm low to the ground, I thought I told ya,
Don't be unwise, judge me not by my size,
You won't believe your eyes, Watch the X-Wing rise,"
Rashiir

Postby Matthew » Tue Aug 19, 2003 4:45 pm

Have skills, Master Rashiir you have!

(Yeah, I know my yoda stinks! :( )
Matthew

Postby Rashiir » Tue Aug 19, 2003 4:50 pm

Oh I didn't write that. I got it from http://atomfilms.shockwave.com/af/content/atom_1403
Rashiir

Postby Saint » Thu Aug 21, 2003 6:51 pm

Thats a good song.
What about the Starwars "anime" coming out?
With ambitious stories to be told starting this November in the Star Wars: Clone Wars animated microseries, creator Genndy Tartakovsky decided to borrow some of the computer-generated efficiencies used in the new Star Wars films. "If the animation is simplistic, then we'll do it in 2-D," Tartakovsky told Star Wars Insider. "If it's an element that just kind of flies through the scene and doesn't do a lot of turns, we'll do it in 2-D. But if it's got a lot of complicated moves, then we'll make it 3-D."

To make the Republic or Separatist forces flip, spin, dive and explode, Tartakovsky turned to Rough Draft Studios -- an Emmy-award-winning group specializing in a seamless blend of traditional cell artwork with computer animation for such programs as "Futurama", "Grim & Evil" and "Samurai Jack". Using standard 3-D animation techniques, Gregg Vanzo and the Rough Draft team can compose a complex scene and iteratively change speed, timing, trajectories and camera angles without the time and cost that would be associated with making changes to hand-drawn sequences.

When a movement is finalized, it can simply be rendered without the complex shading, texture and reflections associated with a photo-realistic animated style. The result is simple solid shading and basic black outline of the shapes. "It looks as if it's been hand drawn and colored," noted Tartakovsky. "They'll look exactly the same."

This November, starwars.com Hyperspace members will have the first online access to the Clone Wars microseries, along with member-exclusive behind-the-scenes features. Join us today for unprecedented inside access to the countdown to Clone Wars and Episode III.
We are saved by grace thru faith, not of works... "keep on fighting for grace"
Saint

Postby Shinja » Thu Aug 21, 2003 6:56 pm

ill go see starwars 3 when it goes to the 50cent theater. not worth 7 bucks
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby Bobtheduck » Tue Aug 26, 2003 10:07 pm

what would make me walk out of the theater?

3 words: Naked man butt

jijijijijijijijijijijijjijiji
Bobtheduck

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Aug 27, 2003 5:36 pm

Well, it'd take a lot to make me leave, as I really don't want to waste however much money I might have spent to get in. But that isn't to say it wouldn't be possible.

In regard to Reloaded, I'm not going to even touch... that... scene, but I have to drop in about the Neo vs. 100xAgent Smith fight. I'm big on fights, so I really wouldn't have minded (it was well coreographed), but one thing made it quite annoying. The action and music just kept slowing down a various points for no apparent reasons. I'd keep thinking it was over, and then it just kept going. For me, it really ruined the feel of the fight, and made it feel like it went forever. The only time it worked was when Neo batted a Smith into the building with his pole. That was cool.

In regard to Star Wars (the coughtopiccough of this forum), I have one other thing to add. Jar Jar is the one who calls to give emergancy powers to Palpatine. You do realize this means that Binks is responsible for the destruction of much of the galaxy, right?
uc pseudonym

Postby shooraijin » Wed Aug 27, 2003 5:39 pm

> You do realize this means that Binks is responsible for the destruction of much of the galaxy, right?

Sure. No wonder we hate him. Meesa let a bad man get all powers yah!

shooraijin

Postby Michael » Wed Aug 27, 2003 5:57 pm

I just closed my eyes during the sex scene in Reloaded. I was blissfully ignorant of what was going on.
*ahem*
:rant:
I'd walk out if they put any more cgi in the movie.
[font="Times New Roman"][SIZE="4"]S.D.G.[/SIZE][/font]
Michael

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Aug 28, 2003 5:47 am

I really don't have too much of a problem with CGI. Not for everything of course, and it does interfere with acting, but other than that I couldn't really care less.

I did the same during that scene, because I knew it was coming from beforehand (I never see a movie just as it comes out). That drum beat gets really annoying. I'll go with a friend of mine on that:

"I don't know why it was there. All it proved was that people in Zion have no rythm."
uc pseudonym

Postby Gypsy » Thu Aug 28, 2003 8:42 am

I heard the drums, knew what was coming, and left to get popcorn.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Link Antilles » Thu Aug 28, 2003 10:19 am

Gypsy wrote:I heard the drums, knew what was coming, and left to get popcorn.

Ditto, the only thing I liked about the Zion scene was the mechs.
Link Antilles

Postby shooraijin » Thu Aug 28, 2003 7:29 pm

> I heard the drums, knew what was coming, and left to get popcorn.

Very wise.

shooraijin

Postby Rashiir » Thu Aug 28, 2003 9:24 pm

I *liked* that beat. And then halfway through I realized what was going down and I was like "I HATE IT!" Opening night too.
Rashiir

Postby Stephen » Thu Aug 28, 2003 9:26 pm

Ok...few things...I think Hayden did a great job on Anakin...mainly he had the whole whiney angry bitter jedi thing going on quite well...I think its funny how "hardcore" starwars fans hate the new movies so much....shrug. I loved the old ones, and love the new ones...I won't be walking out on Ep3...I also am amused by Jar Jar...(theres hope Fett smokes him in the next one) (I did not just say that....)
Stephen

Postby Bobtheduck » Fri Aug 29, 2003 12:09 am

Rashiir wrote:I *liked* that beat. And then halfway through I realized what was going down and I was like "I HATE IT!" Opening night too.

I was one of those people that actually liked the movie... after that scene...

However, there is a scene that freaks everyone out, the scene with the woman and the french guy (chocolate cake) and that scene didn't bug me at all... It established his character in my mind...

But yeah, we didnt' really have to see the long drawn out-ness of what we knew allready... Plus, all those people in the crowd... It was stupid... I liked the CG in it, though...

Morpheus didn't look right shouting all of that stuff without his trademark shades (I know those are only in the Matrix... still)

On the topic of the Matrix, I found "The Second Rennaisance" to be quite disturbing... I loved "Detective Story" though. It looked like a black and white manga, complete with manga tones... It was great! I haven't seen all of them yet... I wanted to see that one with the kids in that abandoned house... It looked cool...
Bobtheduck

Postby firestorm » Fri Aug 29, 2003 1:43 pm

I just want to post for the fun of it so

What would make me walk out is if I see Yoda picking his nose, and I know that won't happen, so basically I think I would stay for it.
firestorm

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Next

Return to General Entertainment