Matrix Revolutions

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Ashley » Fri Nov 21, 2003 8:47 pm

So you picked up on Arthur too, UC? Yeah, I felt comfortable with that part too. I knew someone else around here had to be familiar with that allusion.
Ashley

Postby Tet-chan » Sat Nov 22, 2003 5:17 am

[spoiler=death]I dont think Trinity should die,neo is the one that should die[/spoiler]
Tet-chan

Postby Ashley » Sat Nov 22, 2003 6:02 am

Woo, tet-chan, let's try not to go around spoiling key parts of the movie, kay? spoiler tags are great tools. Example:
[-spoiler] blah blah spoil text here blah [-/spoiler]
just without the -
Ashley

Postby Tet-chan » Sat Nov 22, 2003 6:09 am

oops
Sorry about that
Tet-chan

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Nov 22, 2003 7:24 am

Yup, picked up on that. Originally I didn't think I would like "that part" (notice I'm too lazy to use spoiler tags, so I'll be ambiguous), but after seeing it I thought it was a good ending.
uc pseudonym

Postby cbwing0 » Mon Nov 24, 2003 7:13 am

I saw the movie about a week after it came out with some friends. I would have seen it sooner, but I don't have a car at the moment (unfortunately freshmen can't have cars at UVA :shady: ). On top of that, the theaters around here aren't very good, so ONLY ONE was playing the movie! Despite all of that, I really liked Revolutions, then again I also liked Reloaded.

I though the music was worse than the first two movies, although it was still decent.

Thankfully I will be hope when Return of the King is released!

A lot of major (Washington Post, New York Times) reviewers said that the movie had a feeling of "exhaustion" permeating it. I actually thought the opposite: they crammed a lot of stuff into the movie, and it was well done.
cbwing0

Postby Kisa » Wed Dec 03, 2003 7:07 pm

Well, I was all excited about the Matrix movies following the first one but after the second one and its questionable stuff, I am gonna wait for it to come out on DVD and rent it. I love the first one! :thumb:
I was waaaaay dissapointed in the second though . . . :shake:
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Bobtheduck » Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:36 pm

I just now was able to see this... My local theater showed it for only a week or something, and it just was gone after that... I liked this one better than reloaded, but the big war scene got a bit tiring... I'm not really a fan of those massive battles. I wish there were some "new places in the matrix" type scenes (besides the frenchman's rave) I heard people complaining about the rave scene, but it wasn't anywhere as bad as the scene in Zion in reloaded, and it was shorter (at least, it felt shorter to me)

I didn't know what to make of all the religious allusions (other than Christianity.) I even got the feeling like it had a bit of a morman outlook... The thing with Neo and Smith, and some other things I can't quite place my finger on right now.

This movie didn't make me uncomfortable like reloaded had, but it also didn't seem as fresh... I did notice other new anime referrences, though. One thing reminded me of .hack (which came after Matrix 1, but before both reloaded and revolutions), then of course the obvious mecha battle, but the "burley brawl" wasn't as DBZish as I had imagined it would have been... Guess I'd heard about it so much I expected more. It left me thinking there could have been a bit more...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Apr 09, 2004 7:44 am

Those of you Matrix fans, or anti-Matrix individuals, I would suggest you look for the collection of spoofs entitled "The Matrix has You." I cannot gaurentee every site this spoof is on will be clean, so I wish to warn you. However, it is really quite humorous.

Glad you finally got to see it, Bob.
uc pseudonym

Postby Lightbringer » Fri Apr 09, 2004 8:26 am

i remember seeing it in the theater. It was good, but i dont suspect i'll like it after i see it again. Same thing happened with reloaded, i watched it in the theater thought it was great, watched it again and didn't like it. Though i can still watch the first movie over and over again. Guess that tells ya wich one was the best....... well for me anyway.

Lightbringer // Aaron
Lightbringer // Aaron

Image Image
Join up! Darklight-The Chronicles of Tairis epic RPG
http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=5233
Lightbringer

Postby Ashley » Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:39 am

http://www.legendaryfrog.com is a clean one with the spoof UC mentioned.

And I'm with Lightbringer--#1 is definately the best IMO.
Ashley

Postby Link Antilles » Fri Apr 09, 2004 7:01 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:Those of you Matrix fans, or anti-Matrix individuals, I would suggest you look for the collection of spoofs entitled "The Matrix has You." I cannot gaurentee every site this spoof is on will be clean, so I wish to warn you. However, it is really quite humorous.

Funnah stuff. The Architect spoof was awesome. :lol: "Ergo!" :lol:

Anyways, speaking of that.... anybody seen that one newly made flash spoof of the Matrix called, Mario Bros. Reload or somesuch? It's the entire Burly Braw scene replace with Mario sprites. Quite amusing.
Link Antilles

Postby madphilb » Fri Apr 09, 2004 7:02 pm

Leno had a line about Revolutions the other night:

"Good news, the 3rd Matrix film, Revolutions was released on DVD this week, the bad news is it's the same film that was released in the theaters last year."

Haven't gotten it yet, but maybe I should see about picking it up if I can still get it for the $16 that people where selling it for earlier in the week. (for no other reason than to complete the series)
PHIL

Member of P.I.E. -- Pictures of Inkhana for Everyone!! Join the fight!!
madphilb

Postby Fsiphskilm » Fri Apr 09, 2004 8:30 pm

I'm waiting for the
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat Apr 10, 2004 3:20 am

"It was all-- drawn on ma-ya. Never was a spoon or even a fi-ya. It was all drawn-- all drawn on maya. " (I know it's not on beat, but it's a hard rythm to follow... It would help if I had access to the original lyrics, then I could follow the right structure.

Um... The parody things were interesting, but a tad unfair... I'm generally a fan of parodies that are done with respect, like 99% of weird al's music, but I got the distinct feeling that the last battle scene was not done as a fan, but as an "ex-fan" or worse... The rest of them were funny, though.

Oh, and Volt... The frenchman wanted something sexual around him because that was his character... He was a sick mother and it never changed. His own personal creation was not to represent the reality of raves... It was just that: His own creation. Besides, raves already are known for drugs... It's just parties in general that are known for the other stuff.
Bobtheduck

Postby Fsiphskilm » Sat Apr 10, 2004 1:34 pm

Of course. Yea
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Apr 10, 2004 1:59 pm

Link Antilles wrote:Anyways, speaking of that.... anybody seen that one newly made flash spoof of the Matrix called, Mario Bros. Reload or somesuch? It's the entire Burly Braw scene replace with Mario sprites. Quite amusing.

Yes. Overall a waste of time (that's quite a long scene, and sprites aren't nearly as complex), but it had some hilarious moments. And there is the humorous nature of the fact that Neo and Smith(s) have been replaced by Mario and Luigi.
uc pseudonym

Postby Fsiphskilm » Sat Apr 10, 2004 9:55 pm

The best one was the M
Fsiphskilm

Postby Elric_kun » Sat Apr 10, 2004 11:29 pm

Volt wrote:The best one was the Matrix Fart thing...

From the first film they showed the Oracle baking cookies and then she farts and says "smell good don't they" :lol:

lol yea! i like the scene when Morphious farts and says to Neo, "You think that's air your breathing?" XD i nearly died of laughter, literally :lol:
Elric_kun

Postby Fsiphskilm » Sun Apr 11, 2004 3:26 pm

ROFL I'm glad I wasn't the
Fsiphskilm

Postby Elric_kun » Sun Apr 11, 2004 3:36 pm

yea hahahaha XD i re-downloaded it last night lol
Elric_kun

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Apr 11, 2004 3:39 pm

Hmm... I haven't seen that one. While I'm not exactly in favor of such juvenile humor, that doesn't mean it can't be honestly hilarious. For that matter, there should have been Matrix outtakes (fake ones, of course). Everyone ticked off at the end of the third movie would have probably been much happier.
uc pseudonym

Postby Bobtheduck » Tue Apr 13, 2004 4:01 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:Hmm... I haven't seen that one. While I'm not exactly in favor of such juvenile humor, that doesn't mean it can't be honestly hilarious. For that matter, there should have been Matrix outtakes (fake ones, of course). Everyone ticked off at the end of the third movie would have probably been much happier.

If you watched the special features, the end is supposed to lead off into the MMOMFG (massively multiplayer online matrix fighting game) They're really hyping it up, like it's so original and will blow stuff like FF11 and Everquest out of the water.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue Apr 13, 2004 4:25 pm

Wow, I'm really late posting this. Lol.

I just saw Revolutions last week. I have to say it was better than the second movie, if only for that excellent battle scene. For some reason I really got caught up in that part.

The rest of the movie was alright. The Neo vs Smith thing...it was okay but I could have done without all the flying around and stuff.

Anyway, I guess I don't really understand the significance of the Merovingian and the train station and all that stuff. Perhaps I missed something...I did only see Reloaded once, after all.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Apr 14, 2004 5:32 am

Bobtheduck wrote:If you watched the special features, the end is supposed to lead off into the MMOMFG (massively multiplayer online matrix fighting game) They're really hyping it up, like it's so original and will blow stuff like FF11 and Everquest out of the water.

We'll see. It could, however, be pretty cool. I, at the very least, thought the Matrix games were pretty good. Unfortunately, I'm certainly this MMOMFG will cost money, and that I simply don't have any of.
uc pseudonym

Postby Inferno » Wed Apr 14, 2004 5:56 am

I heard that this movie had TONS of nudidy and sexual stuff, is this rumar true?
"rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Philippians 4:4

METAL!!! :rock:

Member of headbangers united! \m/ >,< \m/

Myspace.com/cal3bsp3ncer
Inferno

Postby Elric_kun » Wed Apr 14, 2004 6:00 am

i wouldnt say TONS, but yea, some
Elric_kun

Postby SManBeyond » Wed Apr 14, 2004 6:33 am

There isn't tons of sexual content, but there is a little. Not as much as Reloaded, though. There's a scene in Club Hell where there's some nudity in the background. Then there's Persephone's dress...ugh...At least the scene passed quickly.

After that, I don't recall anything.
"Love means to love that which is unlovable; or it is no virtue at all." G. K. Chesterton

Founder of S.T.R.A.W.B.E.R.R.Y. R.H.U.B.A.R.B. P.I.E.

[url=smanbeyond.blogspot.com]My Blog[/url]
SManBeyond

Previous

Return to General Entertainment