Van Helsing

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue May 18, 2004 6:42 pm

I have viewed this movie, primarily because a large group of my friends were viewing it on opening day. There is very little I could say that has not already been said, particularly by cbwing0.

However, I was slightly glad that the relationship between Van Helsing and Dracula was left somewhat nebulous. It did keep the plot from being strictly action movie fare, though it was not far from it. The plot... terribly predictable but about what is to be expected.
uc pseudonym

Postby Ren_sama » Thu May 20, 2004 11:07 pm

*looks around* I liked that movie! I thought the special effects were done well, and as well as action, it also had a bit of comedy...^_^
The things I thought might have been a little weak, was that some parts were bit predictable. and I was also a little confuzled @ the fact that it took place in 1800's, but they had semi-automatic crossbows...O_o'' heh, and the last scene seemed a bit...sudden...and a bit unbelievable (which made it kinda funny...XD)

I tend to not think too deep in a movie...I just try to enjoy it. If I judge it, I tend to not pay attention to the movie--causing me to not enjoy the movie, a not getting my money's worth...
Ren_sama

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri May 21, 2004 5:23 am

One thing I was dissapointed with is what we saw of the "Order." For one, the cardinal that Van Helsing talks to doesn't exactly act Christian. Then, there are significant signs of an "all religions are the same" philosophy. There are at least Buddhists and Muslims among the order, and I believe some Hindu. This was a minor thing, but the presence of the philosophy was annoying.

They evoked God so many times in that movie I half-way wished lightening would just strike all the bad guys down.
uc pseudonym

Postby Inferno » Fri May 21, 2004 5:53 am

Oh ya remember how you said everything was special efects? Well I watched a thing on the making of the movie. And frankenstien was not special effects, just a stuntman in a costume.
"rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Philippians 4:4

METAL!!! :rock:

Member of headbangers united! \m/ >,< \m/

Myspace.com/cal3bsp3ncer
Inferno

Postby TrigunX89 » Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:41 am

I saw it and liked it too. I'm hoping for a sequel.
TrigunX89

Previous

Return to General Entertainment