Matrix Revolutions

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby ShiroiHikari » Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:39 pm

I didn't see Revolutions last night. But that's 'cause I'm cool like dat. (we went to see Alien: Director's Cut instead)

We'll probably go next week sometime.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Saint » Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:56 pm

The Rave part is quick, i didn't notice it myself the first time.
Also i agree without the game and the anime you are left wondering a lot. Still even with everything it makes you wonder what they want to do with the story now. i'm ready for more. :)
We are saved by grace thru faith, not of works... "keep on fighting for grace"
Saint

Postby Kagan » Thu Nov 06, 2003 11:04 pm

I agree with Shadsie that it was a bit of a ripoff. Personally, I think he's the representing Him in his world. There are a lot of stories based on imagined world that rip-off the same thing, I think. Sorry if this sounds a bit vague but I don't know how to make one of those spoiler things =/
We were meant to live for so much more.
Kagan

Postby Michael » Fri Nov 07, 2003 1:16 pm

<(we went to see Alien: Director's Cut instead)>

Me and my dad wanted too, but it didn't open locally. Was it good?
[font="Times New Roman"][SIZE="4"]S.D.G.[/SIZE][/font]
Michael

Postby Ashley » Sat Nov 08, 2003 1:14 pm

I just saw it myself. Boy oh boy....there were times I sobbed, times I could hardly breathe...and times I bounced in my seat (well, part of that has to do with the cherry coke I bought, I'm sure). Overall, wonderful movie. And unlike some others I've talked to, I liked the ending. Although....
[Spoiler="Trinity"]I sobbed and cried beyond mention at Trinity's death[/spoiler]
Ashley

Postby true_noir_chloe » Sat Nov 08, 2003 6:59 pm

I'm with you Ashley, I felt all the above, except the cherry coke part. :eyebrow: I just saw it with my family and some friends. I don't really care about what meant what, I just enjoyed the movie and I figured the ending would happen the way it did. No big. I really liked the ***** scene and the ***** scene. (Those are not bad words, I just don't want to spoil it for anyone.) Those were some awesome graphics. :thumb:

[size=84][color=seagreen]YOU SEE

You see into the deepest part of me ---

beyond the fog I hide behind.

You cast your light upon the shadows

that stretch like cobwebs in my mind.

You ease the pain when I am hurting,

and morbid visions from my past

pierce into the realm of Reason

as though I danced on blades of glass.

You grant me strength when I have fallen

and, once again, I've lost my way.

You take my hand in Yours and lead me

into the promise of a brand new day.

You bring order to all my chaos,

yet set my well-laid plans awry.

You place me on a firm foundation ---

then give me wings so I can fly.

You sand away my roughened edges

and polish all the dullest parts

until I stand before Your presence...

a newly-sculpted work of art.

You see into the heart within me,

right through my motives and selfish will.

And yet, in spite of all You see

You say You love me even still.

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Postby Solid Ronin » Sat Nov 08, 2003 7:01 pm

this one is the best in the series in fact every Lord of the Rings is OK compared to this movie least in my opinion
Solid Ronin

Postby Michael » Sat Nov 08, 2003 7:09 pm

Woooo, be careful there, a lot of LotR fans on here.

My thoughts:
[spoiler]The series has been franchised too much. There is no cyber-punk feel to it. They mostly do it so people will buy every little thing they produce. That's why there'r so many unanswered questions. The final fight scene was excellent. I didn't like the part about Neo being crucified though. Aslo, Trin dies, I'm ok. Smith dies, I feel terrible.[/spoiler]
Michael

Postby Solid Ronin » Sat Nov 08, 2003 7:13 pm

Michael wrote:Woooo, be careful there, a lot of LotR fans on here.

My thoughts:
[spoiler]The series has been franchised too much. There is no cyber-punk feel to it. They mostly do it so people will buy every little thing they produce. That's why there'r so many unanswered questions. The final fight scene was excellent. I didn't like the part about Neo being crucified though. Aslo, Trin dies, I'm ok. Smith dies, I feel terrible.[/spoiler]

im one ofem but Matrix I can REALLY get into the story and characters I dont feel that way with Lotr
Solid Ronin

Postby Ashley » Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:03 pm

Anyone else notice the allusion to King Arthur in the end?
[spoiler=Neo is Arthur?] Neo, like King Arthur, was borne away on a "barge" somewhere between death and life (for Arthur, it was to Avalon), possibly to await his return, possibly dead. I thought it was cool anyway, but I'm a sucker for medieval mythology.[/spoiler]
Ashley

Postby Lochaber Axe » Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:14 pm

Do you know that many people felt that King Arthur had come back as Winston Churchill?

My 2 ruples.
Lochaber Axe

Postby postbagboy » Sat Nov 08, 2003 9:01 pm

[spoiler]I just saw the movie today. I'm sorry if this has been mentioned before, but did anyone notice the obvious Revalation/Christian references at the end?
Revolutions = Revalations
When Neo dies, in the real world, a big light comes out of his chest, looking like a crucifix.
Peace begins, just like in Revalations the 1000-year peace.
etc etc.[/spoiler]
postbagboy

Postby Ashley » Sat Nov 08, 2003 9:04 pm

[spoiler] There's also the way Neo was lying (arms outstretched) on the machine barge in the end, the fact he brought Trinity back to life in the 2nd one (raising a girl from the dead, that sounds familiar) and a ton more Christian references in the first one. Yeah, it is interesting to note the Christian elements, however, I picked up a subtle message of "you can save yourself, you don't need a Messiah" between Neo and Kid.[/spoiler]
Ashley

Postby Haibane Shadsie » Sat Nov 08, 2003 10:10 pm

Those who probably couldn't get into LOtR are probably those who have not read the books. Read the books! The movies have done a good job in keeping well with the books (except some deviations, especially the second movie), but... yeah... I loved the books, and seeing the movies was like... reliving my wonderful experience in reading the books.

I understand how people don't "get into" LOtR, though. My mom can't get into it... because she's not a fan of fantasy hardly at all. (I almost live for fantasy, myself). Some people just aren't high fantasy fans. Also... a warning about the books for those who haven't read and found the movies too complicated to follow... the books are even more complicated, lots of little tangents like Elvish poetry, and it's also written in a very "high style"... lots of complicated language useage and made up, hard to figure out how to pronounce words... You have to like fairly "sofisticated", complicated fiction to enjoy them, I think. I do, so... I did enjoy the books, very much.

As for the Matrix... I'm sad to say at that spoiler...

[spoiler=Spoiler about Characters]I was almost glad when Trinity died... because I had read in the newspaper that a character died and I was sure it was going to be my favorite - Morpheus. So... I was glad that Morpheus lived! Trinity's death was sad... but I almost cracked up laughing in the theater at that scene because of idiots in seats behind me talking to each other and mocking it. At Neos line of *You can't die* one of the idiots behind me said *Yes I can! Watch me!* So - I almost laughed and felt ugh about it. [/spoiler]
"We will never give up and despair, for we are on a mission from God." __ Hellsing, Vol. 2.
Haibane Shadsie

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Nov 10, 2003 5:22 am

Hmm... spoiler city. They're annoying me, but I'm grateful for those spoiler boxes. I still have to get around to seeing this, but it will happen, now that my dad's seen Reloaded.

On that topic, I'd have one thing to say: people seem to be very disappointed in Reloaded because they expected another first movie, not a sequel. There's a distinct difference between the two. Why should one expect something the same as the first, when it is clearly a continuation? I went expecting a sequel, and wasn't very disappointed.
uc pseudonym

Postby Ashley » Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:06 am

Well, I was kind of disappointed in Reloaded (yeah, I gave into the hype :red: ) but not too much, and after seeing Revolutions, I liked Reloaded more than Revolutions.
Ashley

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Nov 10, 2003 1:14 pm

I've had Revolutions ruined for me (not all of your faults). Friends at school who already saw it. Sigh...

I'm seeing it Thursday. At the moment I don't think much of the plot (read as: ending), so I'm banking on fights and special effects.
uc pseudonym

Postby Bobtheduck » Mon Nov 10, 2003 2:58 pm

Lochaber Axe wrote:Do you know that many people felt that King Arthur had come back as Winston Churchill?

My 2 ruples.

So a fictional character of absolute good reincarnated as an underhanded and downright manipulative leader? I guess the reincarnation process of fictional characters has some kinks to work out...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Saint » Mon Nov 10, 2003 6:14 pm

What a shame its a good movie. It has to be the ending that gets most people. Yet when you really think about it... it is probably the most appropriate ending.
Saint

Postby shooraijin » Mon Nov 10, 2003 6:58 pm

The ending was quite, well, tacked on. (And the Kid's screaming fit was just silly.)

But, I did like the final scene with the Architect and the Oracle, and the undoing of Agent Smith was an ingeniously clever and spectacular ruse.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Ashley » Mon Nov 10, 2003 7:02 pm

I found the ending appropriate: closing, final, resolved (no more sequels for hollywood to butcher) yet not without hope. Just what a good ending should be.
Ashley

Postby senjutsu » Tue Nov 11, 2003 9:27 am

i thought it was an excellent ending. for fanfics that is XD
-Tenjou Tenka Yuiga Dokuson-
senjutsu

Postby Michael » Tue Nov 11, 2003 1:34 pm

Eh, it had the makings of a good series, but it was franchised to much.
Michael

Postby Shinja » Tue Nov 11, 2003 1:37 pm

Michael wrote:Eh, it had the makings of a good series, but it was franchised to much.

shinja imagines> hammburgurler as neo fighting a cernal sanders agent smith,

.....bizzar
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby shooraijin » Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:44 pm

Ah, the Matrix Fast Food Revolutions. Watch for it. I think the Carl's Junior Star makes a cameo.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Shinja » Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:56 pm

wait waht am i thinking thats just the auqa teen hunger force

thier potatoes with power
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby Bobtheduck » Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:28 am

Before he was a machine, he was an elf... "Good evening, Mr. Frodo" (talking movie reference chronos not when the movies were MADE)

anyhow... I have no self control... I've looked at ALL the spoilers... -_-

>>>iz so weak<<<

I'm still seeing it, maybe friday night...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Will Smith, Jr » Thu Nov 13, 2003 3:46 pm

And mercifully, this series is over.

While better than Reloaded, Revolutions for some reason didn't bring it all together. As mentioned elsewhere, I guess the game and animatrix had some clues that would fill in my gaps.

Maybe someone can post "Matrix for Dummies" for people like me because there are things I still don't understand.

Just like Link, I'm not sure what to think. And I'm in agreement with Saint: I knew that Neo or Smith was going to turn into some Super-Saiyan. Just like DBZ they kept going on and on and on... I began to think "would somebody please knock somebody out because this is ridiculous."

And what was up with that Wizard of Oz scene at the end? The Zion scene was nice but I missed the martial arts that made the first one.

Well, Return of the King in one month.

WillieDoc
Will Smith, Jr

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Nov 14, 2003 5:21 am

Well, the person who started this thread has finally seen the movie it is about. Sixty two posts in.

Hmm... what all to say? Oddly enough, I liked the movie less and less as it went on. Though that isn't to say I didn't like the entire movie overall. Now, I think this is very warrented.

[SPOILER=Just about everything]I liked the opening scene where Seraph, Trinity and Morpheous go in. The fight versus the six guys who walk on the cieling was interesting. We have people who run up walls and the like, but these guys just plain walk on the cieling.

The mech scene was cool, but I'm not too big on mechs in the first place. I do have this to say, though: this is the first live action movie that truly honors the name of mech.

Trinity's death, while it was something I knew was coming (and suspected before that) felt somewhat pointless. How many main characters die while landing? It was very cool that they briefly pierced the nuclear cloud level.

I'm a DBZ fan, but I really didn't like the fight of Neo versus Agent Smith too much. When they were engaging in hand to hand it was fine, but when they were kind of just wildly tumbling it wasn't nearly as cool.

I'm not quite sure what I think about the ending. The sunrise was a good way to end the entire series. Smith's destruction was certainly unique and good, I'll give them that. Neo's death actually felt good to me, I had expected it to be more depressing. Seeing him go off like King Arthur was a good way for it to happen.[/SPOILER]
uc pseudonym

Postby Saint » Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:20 pm

Want to know whats up next... well it will cost you.
i got an e-mail a few days back announcing the new 'Matrix Online.' the online (money maker... err, game) story will pick up after the movie and will have short movies (maybe 5 min.?) and new missions each month to continue the story along. could be interesting, who knows yet... who will? i don't have the money for a monthly fee. :(
if you want to just check it out you can find it at http://www.thematrixonline.ubi.com
Saint

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment