What would make you walk out of Episode III?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Aug 29, 2003 4:36 pm

Actually, I think that'd make me more likely to stay. Just cause I would get this feeling that Lucas isn't taking this seriously anymore, and that can lead to some bizarre things.
uc pseudonym

Postby firestorm » Fri Aug 29, 2003 4:56 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:Actually, I think that'd make me more likely to stay. Just cause I would get this feeling that Lucas isn't taking this seriously anymore, and that can lead to some bizarre things.

lol! :lol: :lol: actually now that I think about it I agree, especially after seeing him in the MTV movie awards (you know the one that had the superhero theme) that was just flat out hilarious when he came out

"Now respects pay I must to your queen.... Latifa."

Lol lol lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Come check my facebook fan page here If you want to see some great photography and art!

I am currently on my 4th draft of the script for Canvas! Canvas is a watercolor animated short about how everything declares of a Creator and how everything happens for a reason. If anyone would like to help by sending me resources on watercolor or animation it would be greatly appreciated!

I am also on my 1st draft of a short live-action Romcom called "Behind Every Good Man! Behind Every Good Man is about a Bride-to-be, Evelyn, who must stop her Mother-in-Law, Pamela, from living her dream wedding through Evelyn's. Along the way she learns what it means to be a Woman of Integrity today! If anyone wants to help let me know!

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Postby Bobtheduck » Wed Apr 28, 2004 6:10 pm

Ooh, I saw a preview for episode 3! No final stuff, but just interviews and behind the scenes stuff... It shows Anakin and Obi Wan fighting! Yeah! Also, it shows Darth Vader a couple times, so it goes through his whole transformation...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby kirakira » Wed Apr 28, 2004 6:17 pm

Oi, after episode II, I probably won't even see it in theaters. My expectations are very low. : P
Love wins.
kirakira

Postby Link Antilles » Wed Apr 28, 2004 6:29 pm

Bobtheduck wrote:Ooh, I saw a preview for episode 3! No final stuff, but just interviews and behind the scenes stuff... It shows Anakin and Obi Wan fighting! Yeah! Also, it shows Darth Vader a couple times, so it goes through his whole transformation...

[spoiler]Yep, it does... anyways, It is true that Anakin falls into a lava pit, too. Caution: Crispy Anakin Pic: Warning Spoiler Pic Not A Pretty Sight [/spoiler]

Few more pics.. I found....

http://img13.photobucket.com/albums/v37/Jedi469/RepSpeeder.jpg
http://img13.photobucket.com/albums/v37/Jedi469/atstjr.jpg
http://img13.photobucket.com/albums/v37/Jedi469/wheels.jpg
http://img13.photobucket.com/albums/v37/Jedi469/wookieboat.jpg
Link Antilles

Postby PotBelliedCow » Wed Apr 28, 2004 6:34 pm

Bobtheduck wrote:Ooh, I saw a preview for episode 3! No final stuff, but just interviews and behind the scenes stuff... It shows Anakin and Obi Wan fighting! Yeah! Also, it shows Darth Vader a couple times, so it goes through his whole transformation...

Hey Bobtheduck, where'd you see the preview? Internet? Movie theater? TV special? *begins to go crazy b/c Cow really wants to see it*

Anyways, I'll probably go see Episode III since I'm just a casual fan of Star Wars. I luv the old trilogy and think the new one's kind of beh but if Ep. III sucks (which it probably will) I won't tear my hair up about it.

What'll probably get me walking out: Jar Jar with more than ten minutes of screen time.

But Jar Jar getting taken out by Fett? That's worth seven bucks right there :thumb:

Eh? :eh:
PotBelliedCow

Postby glitch1501 » Wed Apr 28, 2004 6:35 pm

wow, this thread is old, i dont think that anything would get me to walk out really, id stay and watch until the end

Glitch's Photostream

He wants them to learn to walk and must therefore take away His hand; and if only the will to walk is really there, He is pleased even with their stumbles.

Healing hands of God have mercy on our unclean souls
once again. Jesus Christ, Light of the World, burning
bright within our hearts forever. Freedom means love
without condition, without beginning or an end. Here's
my heart, let it be forever Yours, only You can make
every new day seem so new.
Every New Day - On Distant Shores - Five Iron Frenzy

Nail pierced hands they run with blood
A splitting brow forced by the thorns
His face is writhing with the pain yet it's comforting to me
Passion - Kutless
:thumb:
glitch1501

Postby JediSonic » Wed Apr 28, 2004 6:52 pm

Me too, but there are some things that would make me really sad, most of which have been mentioned here.
JediSonic

Postby Stephen » Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:56 pm

Moved to the movie boards
Stephen

Postby Mangafanatic » Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:17 pm

If Natalie Portman doesn't die in the end. That there would be enough to ruin the experience for me. J/k.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Apr 29, 2004 5:07 am

Would you then huffily walk out on the credits? I mean no disrespect, and I understand what you mean, but I wanted to point that out.
uc pseudonym

Postby Mangafanatic » Sat May 01, 2004 8:47 am

uc pseudonym wrote:Would you then huffily walk out on the credits? I mean no disrespect, and I understand what you mean, but I wanted to point that out.

Hmm, actually, I think I'd stand up and say to everyone "Nobody is allowed to walk out of this theatre until I see Natalie Portman DIE!!!"

Umm, and then-- I'd probably spend the night in jail. No, really, I'll just be glad to have these movies behind me. I mean, I'm an American-- so I have to see it, but I'm embarrassed for the three orignal star wars movies. To have these cinematic mediocres tacked onto them is really shameful, IMHO.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Kireihana » Sat May 01, 2004 8:03 pm

I don't really think the new movies are that bad. They're nowhere near as good as the originals, but I don't think their horrible. And I actually like all the CGI action scenes. ^^ But I was what, 11 when I first saw Episode I? Back then I thought Jar Jar was funny, but as he didn't get much screen time in Episode II I don't think he's really a big deal anymore.

I don't care about Anakin turning into Vader, because we all knew that was coming. In fact I'm really interested in seeing the transformation.

Whether the movie is good or bad, I would go just for the seat-rumbling experience XD (we have a "George Lucas" sound system at our theater, and the seats vibrate)
Kireihana

Postby shooraijin » Sat May 01, 2004 8:18 pm

> "Nobody is allowed to walk out of this theatre until I see Natalie Portman DIE!!!"

:lol:
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat May 01, 2004 8:24 pm

PotBelliedCow wrote:Hey Bobtheduck, where'd you see the preview? Internet? Movie theater? TV special? *begins to go crazy b/c Cow really wants to see it*

I downloaded it on Kazaa, but I found another one that was off a DVD, so I'm guessing there is an official release of thise preview somewhere. It maybe something for people who tour Lucas' studio, or perhaps it was just leaked and it wasn't supposed to be until close to the release.

[spoiler]I saw the new sidekick badguy, too... It's an alien/droid sort of cyborg thing... They said it's an alien trapped in a droid's body. It's the general of the droid army, and has control over all of them.[/spoiler]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Ashley » Sat May 01, 2004 8:40 pm

Spolierized that last part, bob. Sure it was relatively minor, but a lot of fans out there (myself included) want to know as little as possible before seeing a released trailer or what have you ourselves.
Ashley

Postby Ingemar » Sat May 01, 2004 8:45 pm

Like I said before, Hayden whatshisface being in the movie and acting like his old, whiny, 3-year-old self will totally ruin the movie for me. The purpose of repeating this is so I can shamelessly flaunt my Campaign Sigpic.
Job 7:16

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon May 03, 2004 5:26 am

So we see.

If Count Dooku (hmm... I have no idea how to spell that) and Anakin don't fight (or he at least doesn't die somehow) I would be dissapointed. Not that I would have anything to walk out on by that point.
uc pseudonym

Postby Mangafanatic » Mon May 03, 2004 7:02 am

Ingemar wrote:Like I said before, Hayden whatshisface being in the movie and acting like his old, whiny, 3-year-old self will totally ruin the movie for me. The purpose of repeating this is so I can shamelessly flaunt my Campaign Sigpic.

His character might be whiny, but Hayden's actually a pretty good actor when he's not weilding a light saber and spouting oh-so-predictable pick-up lines. I saw him in Shattered Glass, and I was really surprised by his performance.

Mangafanatic

Postby Link Antilles » Mon May 03, 2004 12:05 pm

Hmm... this is an interesting Star Wars news update...

From the Force.net:
Sean writes in with this cool report to confirm work on a SW TV Show is most definitely happening:
I asked him about Star Wars' future and he got really excited and told me in thinly veiled comments that it is going to TV (live-action) . He couldn't go into details because he was under a legal contract.

So I asked this gentlemen if the show was pre-EP4, he said maybe with a smile, then I asked about Vader, and he had the same response, same with Chewbacca, same with Tarkin. Anyways he said Lucasfilm was really excited about this, and he did mention that there were to be no Episodes 7-9.

We've got more coming this week, but let's just say a TV Show is a definite thing, according to documents being distributed to licensees and marketing people now.

I'm not sure to be happy or terrified... Ok, well, I'm relieved that Lucas isn't doing 7-9 and a TV show would do less damage to the series. Thoughts?
Link Antilles

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon May 03, 2004 12:38 pm

Yes, it will do less damage. On the other hand, I haven't completely given up on it being cool. Personally, I would like to see a seventh movie (though not a third trilogy), just to wrap up the saga completely, but I doubt it would happen or be done well if it was filmed.
uc pseudonym

Postby Hitokiri » Mon May 03, 2004 1:14 pm

....if Jar-Jar does not play at least a minor role in the movie ::ducks from jar-jar binks haters rotten tomatos:: LONG LIVE JAR-JAR ::gets smacked in the head by a tomato::
Hitokiri

Postby Ingemar » Mon May 03, 2004 1:52 pm

Mangafanatic wrote:His character might be whiny, but Hayden's actually a pretty good actor when he's not weilding a light saber and spouting oh-so-predictable pick-up lines. I saw him in Shattered Glass, and I was really surprised by his performance.

Yeah, I've heard the like--that he's a good actor in other movies. How "good" an actor looks onscreen ususally depends on a number of factors, but the chief ones I can think of are 1). the actor's ability, 2). the quality of the directing and 3). the quality of the writing.

A really good actor can make even the blandest lines sound good, but if (s)he is under a bad director, (s)he may be forced to act against his/her better judgement and make the lines sound dull. A bad actor can make even the most well-written script sound like trash, unless the director directs well and forces him to change his/her style. And so on, and so forth.

I realized this when watching Ep II. Samuel L. Jackson, normally a superb actor, had a rather bland performance. His lines all sucked, and he didn't even add flair to them. I think I heard somewhere that Lucas is an awful director, despite his clearly superior creative faculties.
Job 7:16

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Previous

Return to General Entertainment