King of the Hill

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

King of the Hill

Postby Bobtheduck » Fri Sep 05, 2003 1:40 am

Hmm... I wonder if any of you even watch this, but I don't miss an episode. I lived in Texas for 3 months and this is reality... for where I was anyhow... I mean Arlen even looks like Round Rock. Of course, people weren't quite as mean as they are in this show...

In any case, I noticed a change from the beginning of the show to currently...

At first it made hank look stupid and it's like he was insulting people who had old ways of thinking, but as the show progressed, the look at the other people showed that the ones who were "modern thinkers" almost all ended up being jerks.

When I was in Texas, I met someone like every main character in the show (Con and Min (sp?) sorta combined into 1 person, my Landlady... *shivers*)

anyhow, I wasn't making any big review or anything... I just like the show... Despite what my nephew said about it... I don't like the old episodes... It seemed like it got better all the way around as time went on... In my opinion anyhow... What do you think?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby majanthehun » Fri Sep 05, 2003 3:37 pm

my dad watches it every single day... never misses an episode.

i think its funny but im not heartbroken if i miss it... normally im cooking or cleaning about the time its on. it has its moments of absolute hilarity, i must admit.
Lord, I don't know where this is going,
Or how this all works out
Lead me to peace that is past understanding
A peace beyond all doubt

-Newsboys "Lord (I don't know)"
majanthehun

Postby Razgriz » Fri Sep 05, 2003 3:48 pm

Heh, I currently live in Austin, next to Round Rock, maybe I should head up there and give a look for myself. It's a very interesting show, I enjoy it.
Razgriz

Postby Solid Ronin » Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:52 pm

AH! I cant believe I didnt start this thread...Shame on me..I love King of The Hill
Solid Ronin

Postby Ashley » Thu Jun 10, 2004 5:29 pm

The exaggerated accents irritate me in a way I didn't really know possible. Although I do have family from west texas and yes, they really do sound like that sometimes. I'd wager to say we're not as dumb as those portrayed on that show....eh I guess I'm just thankful to be from Houston and not Round Rock. =P

Oh, and moved to spotlight forum.
Ashley

Postby Solid Ronin » Thu Jun 10, 2004 6:19 pm

Ashley wrote:The exaggerated accents irritate me in a way I didn't really know possible. Although I do have family from west texas and yes, they really do sound like that sometimes. I'd wager to say we're not as dumb as those portrayed on that show....eh I guess I'm just thankful to be from Houston and not Round Rock. =P

Oh, and moved to spotlight forum.

Oro? I didnt know you lived in Houston..As did I Ill be going back there the first week of July..If I seee you..Imll be sure you Pm you saying that I saw you for I would be to nervous to actually talk to you in person.
Solid Ronin

Postby Bobtheduck » Fri Jun 11, 2004 8:20 pm

Growing up with a canadian, a texan, and having people from all over the US stay in my house, I don't pay that much attention to accents... I've gotten "internationals" to add to my list after being in YWAM. English, Scottish (though i actually couldn't understand a darn thing he said...), Welsh, Aussie, Kiwi, Fijian, Filipino/a, and of course ESL people from Denmark, Germany, France, Africa, Argentina, Brazil... As long as I can understand them, i don't pay attention to accents... Now, some words on the other hand, I do have a hard time with, but the stuff on King of the Hill sounds mostly normal to me, unlike a common thing the Japanese students do: "I'm going to have a party, if you're interesting" or "That was great! I'm amazing at you!" As long as you don't use a lot of unfamiliar words, I don't pay attention to the accents...

Speaking of accents, it's really funny... I can understand everything boomhaur says. I actually couldn't believe there were people who couldnt' understand him, but of course, I can pick out the Engrish in most anime/Jpop songs too, so I guess my ears are trained a bit better for that sort of thing than most.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Technomancer » Sat Jun 12, 2004 9:30 am

Speaking of accents, it's really funny... I can understand everything boomhaur says. I actually couldn't believe there were people who couldnt' understand him,

You mean there are actually words in all of that mumbling? I think I can maybe pick out one word in four of what he's saying. Do people actually talk like that?
The scientific method," Thomas Henry Huxley once wrote, "is nothing but the normal working of the human mind." That is to say, when the mind is working; that is to say further, when it is engaged in corrrecting its mistakes. Taking this point of view, we may conclude that science is not physics, biology, or chemistry—is not even a "subject"—but a moral imperative drawn from a larger narrative whose purpose is to give perspective, balance, and humility to learning.

Neil Postman
(The End of Education)

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge

Isaac Aasimov
Technomancer

Postby Six » Sat Jun 12, 2004 12:38 pm

i love it. it really is a great show, very funny. Lots of swearing sometimes but yeah, i know like 4 or 5 people who live in texas and they all say its pretty much accurate

Fight Ignorance

Inform Yourself

See another country's point of view

Know Your Online Rights

Discover the Intelligent alternative to the basic political parties

Name: Sakeshi Hiromuki

Username:Six

Proficiencies:Kunai, Shuriken, Light Blade (Kodachi)

Techniques:

Clone: NinJutsu; user creates an immobile clone usable only as a decoy

Substitution: GenJutsu; user replaced their body with another object, and throws an illusion around the object so it appears to be them. The illusion breaks on contact with an object

Transformation: GenJutsu; user casts an illusion making them appear as someone else

Slashing Wind: NinJutsu; the user summons and hurls a massive gust of wind. If done properly can cut (25-20tp=5tp)
Six

Location: Pittsfield MA but i preffer Philly which is where I will be going to College

Return to General Entertainment