Simpsons

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat Feb 28, 2004 8:56 pm

removed

I'm not going to feed the trolls.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sat Feb 28, 2004 9:20 pm

Hey. Guys. Chill out. If you have any beef with anyone, take it off-boards or to PMs, alright?
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby madphilb » Sun Feb 29, 2004 9:31 am

Michael wrote:*sigggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh*

carefull, we don't want you to hyperventilate there ;)
PHIL

Member of P.I.E. -- Pictures of Inkhana for Everyone!! Join the fight!!
madphilb

Postby Bobtheduck » Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:15 am

More favorite moments (lets put this train back on track)

(Homer)"Canada? Why should we leave America to visit America-Junior?"

"That's our state bird, the potbellied pidgeon, eating our state pasta: Bowtie" (only because it means to further frustrate those trying to figure out the "real" state the show takes place in... hehehe)

(Nelson as a ghost) "Ha ha!"
(Apu) "He's having an out of body experience."
(nelson lies twitching on the ground)

(mountain guy) "I'll call you pamela e lee, and I'll call you (?? Something like "Buford")"
(lisa) "But I like my name!"
(mountain guy) "Quiet Buford!"

(Homer) "America is Brittain's children! I know we're not as well behaved as our brother Canada, who by the way has never had a girlfriend... Just saying..."

"Hmm... Moon pies... What an incredible new age I've awoken to" (ok... I just totally butchered that one... anyone got the real quote?

(Ralph gets thrown through the window) "I'm a brick."

I really loved the ep where Ralph thought Lisa liked him... When he played George Washington, it was great, but the best scene in that episode was the "Caretaker Presidents" song. "Forgettable, and maybe even regrettable" Hahaha...

My favorite movie refference was the spoof on "A Beautiful Mind" when Homer gets the hidden message from His mom. SO yeah... I'm a huge simpsons fan and will be until I get married... And probably still after that (I'm just giving myself some leeway here... I mean I don't think I'll like it forever... Or any show for that matter... I loved "I love Lucy" for probably 13 or 14 years... I just don't like it anymore)

Speaking of Lucy, anyone notice how the entire show (I Love Lucy)centers around lying? Methinks things have changed only in appearance and not heart.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Bobtheduck

Postby DrNic » Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:59 am

Ok, you guys knew this was going to come from me at some point:

"HI EVERYBODY!"

"HI DRNIC"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That guys great!

Hes also got a great name...
Take me

Far from all that's wrong and...
Let these

Fears collapse inside

Take me

Back to when i...

Believed

Bloodless by Emery

Come visit the free state of Non-1000: Home of the Special Uber Elite (and try the burgers :P)

There's this dude named DrNic,
If you forget him, he'll get ticked! - By CobaltAngel

:grin: :dance: :grin: :dance: :grin: :dance: :grin: :dance: :grin:
DrNic

Postby madphilb » Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:41 pm

Bobtheduck wrote:Speaking of Lucy, anyone notice how the entire show (I Love Lucy)centers around lying? Methinks things have changed only in appearance and not heart.

ooooo.... I think I can use that one! :D

Yeah, I've noticed that people will comdem one show, for it's lack of moral value, and then be avid fans of another with the same or similar faults.
PHIL

madphilb

Postby Bobtheduck » Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:34 pm

The episode at 11 today was great... It parodied James Bond and Dr. Strangelove, among other things... It was so great... This is my favorite episode as of now... (I also love "Insane Clown Poppy" Did she ever show up in the show again?)
Bobtheduck

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:01 am

Bobtheduck
I believe it's "Moon Pies. What a time to be alive." Actually I was just thinking of that ep. earlier today. "Gaze at the Frito found in a bag of Doritos. Marvel at the floor that just won't come clean." I was staring at the nasty, sticky basement floor at work.

Yeah, The Simpsons has always been good at parodying films. That doesn't seem to change, even if everything else about the show does. I like the Ultrahouse one (a spoof on 2001: A Space Odyssey).

Ultrahouse CPU (Pierce Brosnan voice): No! Don't take out my British charm unit! Without that, I'm nothing but a boorish American clod!

(Homer removes BCU)

Ultrahouse CPU (New York cabbie voice): Aaah, thanks a lot, [expletive]wipe! I coulda kicked your butt from here to Albequerque, ya fat... sliiiiiime...... bucket.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Bobtheduck » Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:39 am

I don't get why people are upset by the celebrity guests... I just watched one today with Rodney Dangerfield... I personally thought it was a great half an episode (I started it late)

No respect, I tell ya. They don't give the simpsons no respect...

I also love the ones with Danny deVito (Uncey Herb)
Bobtheduck

Postby aznmagic2015 » Fri Mar 05, 2004 7:24 pm

Dr. Nick- Imflammable means flammable...?!?!?!What a country!

Another good one:
Marge: So I can eat all I want and still lose weight?
Dr. Nick: Sure why not? It's a free country.
aznmagic2015

Postby Bobtheduck » Fri Apr 23, 2004 3:48 am

"Epcot. It's educational and offers mild thrills... Just like Edna..." - Principal Skinner

"I'll hide you someplace where there's nobody for miles, Disney's California Adventure" Homer, to his mom...

I wish they would make some parodies of anime or games that weren't so rediculously off... I mean, I wish they would treat it like any other thing, instead of lumping them all into one group... Maybe specifically do one anime or one major game, like Metal Gear Solid... That would be great... Too bad chances are no one on the writing staff plays games, and definately doesn't watch anime.
Bobtheduck

Postby Ashley » Fri Apr 23, 2004 2:23 pm

Too bad chances are no one on the writing staff plays games, and definately doesn't watch anime.

Now I may not be the biggest simpson-ite around, but I have heard numerous times from all kinds of different sources that people on staff of the simpsons are indeed big anime fans, including the creator. One example I hear cited over and over again is that they made allusions to Kimba the White Lion.

Personally they may just treat anime and video games as another aspect of pop culture to satirize and nothing more.
Ashley

Postby madphilb » Fri Apr 23, 2004 5:57 pm

Actually, my guess is the problem is more with the audience than the authors... most people would fail to understand most of the jokes if they spent too much time picking on those particular things.

Anime and MGS may have huge followings, but they aren't quite mainstream yet.
PHIL

madphilb

Postby Bobtheduck » Sun Apr 25, 2004 5:21 am

madphilb wrote:Actually, my guess is the problem is more with the audience than the authors... most people would fail to understand most of the jokes if they spent too much time picking on those particular things.

Anime and MGS may have huge followings, but they aren't quite mainstream yet.

While I understand what you're saying, they did a scene out of "A Clockwork Orange" in two episodes... That film is definately a limited audience kind of film. That's why I don't see a reason why they couldn't do something like Metal Gear refference, or a refference to some anime that's not Pokemon... Of course, I understand that ACO is considered a very important film, even if not many can stomach it... But, if there are anime and game fans in the writing staff of simpsons, I don't know why they don't fit some stuff in... Just small refferences...

I wouldn't count refferences to Kimba and Speed Racer... Many americans have that in their past without ever realizing they were Japanese...
Bobtheduck

Postby Bobtheduck » Tue May 11, 2004 1:54 am

Ooh, just got the Season 1 DVD's (well, borrowed...) and I watched all of the eps on disc 1 with commentary. I really like it except for 1 thing: Locking out the title jumping... I suppose they must be hiding easter eggs, but it made it impossible for me to set up the disc on repeat, which is feature I absolutely need on my DVDs... The special features discs on the extended two towers did the same thing... It was really annoying... I will never lock out the title jump.
Bobtheduck

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat May 22, 2004 5:59 pm

Hmm... if anyone wants to discuss the last episode with me in PM's, I'd love to (I'm saying PM's because of how political it was...) It was the first simpsons episode in a while that made me mad, but they sorta turned it around towards the end... They're still middle ground, when you combine their extremes...
Bobtheduck

Postby Solid Ronin » Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:00 pm

"Hey quite old dudes or all jam this baby into a river..alright...*everyone shuts up* all right"

LOL! Qite possible the funnist moment in Simpson history.
Solid Ronin

Previous

Return to General Entertainment