Funny things people said

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Funny things people said

Postby bigsleepj » Mon May 03, 2004 10:54 am

:hits_self :dance: :lol:

What do you consider to be the funniest / silliest thing ever said in a movie, animated, anime or otherwise? I'm talking about dialogue, exchanges and one-liners. Any quote that makes you laught or smile. This includes TV-shows.

Could you please, for the fun of it, quote them and cite their origin.

Here's one of my favourites:

Sir Sir Furrows: Ah, do sit down mister Luxury Yacht.
Luxury Yacht: Oh no, it's spelled "Luxury Yacht" but it's pronounced "Throat-Warbler Mangrove".

-Monty Python's Flying Circus :lol: :sweat:
Okay, that was just outright sillyness

What's yours?
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby Staci » Mon May 03, 2004 11:27 am

This is from an episode of "The Simpsons". Marge decides it's high time that Homer, Bart, and Lisa help with the house chores because it's a veritable pig-stye.

Marge blocks the way out of the kitchen, then Bart says, "Uh, Mom... You're kinda in the way."

Homer replies, "Push her down, son!"

:thumb: I STILL laugh whenever I think about that... That and an early episode of The Simpsons when they go in for the electric-shock therapy. That's just classic - I laughed so hard I had tears streaming down my face.
Member of the CAA Book Club
Staci

Postby cbwing0 » Mon May 03, 2004 11:40 am

I have a few, although not all of them are exact quotes:

1.Rurouni Kenshin: "He moves at beyond godlike speed!"

Come on...what the heck is "beyond godlike speed?!" This may be a translation error (I wouldn't know), but it's still pretty ridiculous, especially for a popular series.

2.There's so many from The Simpsons, but my all-time favorite is the "Ammendment Song." If you haven't heard it, go here: http://www.croftononline.com/songtextmp3.html

Note: if you consider The Simpsons to be offensive, then you obviously shouldn't click on the link. :P

I will think of more later...
cbwing0

Postby bigsleepj » Tue May 04, 2004 1:00 am

Staci wrote:
Marge blocks the way out of the kitchen, then Bart says, "Uh, Mom... You're kinda in the way."

Homer replies, "Push her down, son!"

:thumb: I STILL laugh whenever I think about that... That and an early episode of The Simpsons when they go in for the electric-shock therapy. That's just classic - I laughed so hard I had tears streaming down my face.

Hmmm. Isn't that the episode where Bart wins the elephant? That was a good episode as opposed to the more recent ones. At one part in that episode Homer drives over a statue of a deer.

Homer: D'oh!
Lisa: A Deer!
Marge: A female deer! :lol:
bigsleepj

Postby bigsleepj » Tue May 04, 2004 1:54 am

cbwing0 wrote:I have a few, although not all of them are exact quotes:

1.Rurouni Kenshin: "He moves at beyond godlike speed!"

Come on...what the heck is "beyond godlike speed?!" This may be a translation error (I wouldn't know), but it's still pretty ridiculous, especially for a popular series.

2.There's so many from The Simpsons, but my all-time favorite is the "Ammendment Song." If you haven't heard it, go here: http://www.croftononline.com/songtextmp3.html

Note: if you consider The Simpsons to be offensive, then you obviously shouldn't click on the link. :P

I will think of more later...

Nah, I only find the newest episodes to be dumb and pretentious attempts at satire, but the old ones (like this one which I remember) are great! Hilarious...but very dark humor.

As for the 'beyond godlike speed' you get a lot of silly lines. There's nothing funnier than bad writing (or bad translations for that matter). Here's a bad piece of writing from a really bad movie called "Che!" from 1969. It's about revolutionary Che Guerva...with Jack Pallance as Fidel Castro!!!

[Che is falling behind on a march]
Fidel Castro: Stragglers are sure to die, don't you know that?
Che Guevara: I'm not a straggler, I'm your rear guard.
Fidel Castro: No you're not, you're the company doctor. See what you can do for the men with blistered feet. You've got ten minutes.
Che Guevara: (noticing enemy planes flying overhead) It's too late for chiropody. The buzzards are already circling.
bigsleepj

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue May 04, 2004 2:00 am

"Don't cross the road if you can't get out of the kitchen." --Boondock Saints
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby AngelSakura » Tue May 04, 2004 3:35 am

There are some pretty scary lines in the dub of DBZ, including....
Tenshinhan(Upon losing his arm): "You just wait until it grows back!"

Alright, we'll do that.

Piccolo: "You see my friend, we knew you were coming. So we lined up all our ducks in a row."
#20: "What? Ducks? That makes no sense."

I have the same feelings, #20.

...and some very interesting lines spoken by Furiza that made me....wonder.....to say the least...about their script writer choices.
AngelSakura

Postby cbwing0 » Tue May 04, 2004 7:11 am

AngelSakura wrote:Piccolo: "You see my friend, we knew you were coming. So we lined up all our ducks in a row."
#20: "What? Ducks? That makes no sense."

Actually, that is a fairly common figure of speech. ;)
cbwing0

Postby JediSonic » Tue May 04, 2004 7:57 am

Man, I spent like 10 minutes typing up my favorite scene[s] from disney's the emporer's new groover but alas, I was at school and the STUPID IE BROWSER didnt save my message when a CAA glitch made me re-login :shady:
JediSonic

Postby bigsleepj » Tue May 04, 2004 8:42 am

JediSonic wrote:Man, I spent like 10 minutes typing up my favorite scene[s] from disney's the emporer's new groover but alas, I was at school and the STUPID IE BROWSER didnt save my message when a CAA glitch made me re-login :shady:

I HATE it when that happens! Maybe you can find the quote on "Internet Movie Database" under the Quotes section of "The Emporer's New Groove" so you can just copy and paste it. That's what I'd do.

http://www.imdb.com
bigsleepj

Postby bigsleepj » Tue May 04, 2004 8:46 am

[quote="cbwing0"]Actually, that is a fairly common figure of speech. ]

:eh: It is? Really? I've never come across it before. What an odd expression...
bigsleepj

Postby Bobtheduck » Tue May 04, 2004 9:38 am

[quote="cbwing0"]Actually, that is a fairly common figure of speech. ]

It's Business Speech, otherwise known as "BS" and many people consider it very annoying. In fact, TechTV featured a BS filter for Microsoft Word... And, before you say it, yes I'm perfectly aware of the double entendre, but that's really what they called it, and I'm pretty sure it was entirely intentional.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby bigsleepj » Tue May 04, 2004 9:52 am

Here are some interesting and funny quotes from "O Brother where Art Thou?"

Pete: You stole from my kin!
Ulysses Everett McGill: Who was fixin' to betray us.
Pete: You didn't know that at the time.
Ulysses Everett McGill: So I borrowed it until I did know.
Pete: That don't make no sense!
Ulysses Everett McGill: Pete, it's a fool that looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart.

-------
Talking about the Blind Prophet who knew about the treasure
Ulysses Everett McGill: The treasure is still there boys, believe me.
Delmar O'Donnell: But how'd he know about the treasure?
Ulysses Everett McGill: I don't know Delmar. The blind are reputed to possess sensitivities compensating for their lack of sight, even to the point of developing paranormal psychic powers. Now, clearly seeing into the future would fall into neatly into that category; its not so surprising then that an organism deprived of its earthly vision...
Pete: He said we wouldn't get get it. He said we wouldn't get the treasure we seek on account of our obb-stackles. (obstacles)
Ulysses Everett McGill: Well what on earth does he know, he's just an ignorant old man?
bigsleepj

Postby Gypsy » Tue May 04, 2004 1:44 pm

I was going to quote some lines from "The Cutting Edge" but after re-reading them, it ended up being one of those " ... heh, heh ... guess you had to be there" sort of things. :sweat:
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby AngelSakura » Tue May 04, 2004 2:14 pm

It may be a common figure of speech, but does it make sense coming from an alien?
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby Spencer » Tue May 04, 2004 3:58 pm

Happy Gilmore:

Virginia: What's this about you breaking a rake and throwing it in the woods?
Happy: I didn't *break* it, I was merely testing its durability, and I *placed* it in the woods cause it's made of wood and I wanted it to be near its family.

Shooter McGavin: Stay out of my way, or you'll pay. Listen to what I say.
Happy Gilmore: Yeah, why don't I go eat some hay. I can make things out of clay, or lay by the bay, I just may. Whaddya say?

Haha, that last one made me laugh really hard.
:)
Spencer

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue May 04, 2004 4:02 pm

LOL Spencer XD I haven't seen that movie in a looong time...

Hmm...what's another good one...

"So we're all men of our word really, except for Elizabeth, who is, in fact, a woman." --Jack Sparrow
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby The_Marauding_Maniac » Tue May 04, 2004 4:14 pm

"I am your fathers mothers sisters couisins former roomate"
"And that makes us?"
"Abosolutly nothings"
Luke was here.
There are 10 types of people in the world, people who can read bianary, and people who can't.
I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X XI XII XIII XIV XV XVI XVII XVIII XIX XX XXI XXII XXIII XXIV XXV XXVI XXVII XXVIII XXIX XXX XXXI XXXII....
TTA: [B]T
he TTA Acronym
[/b]
The_Marauding_Maniac

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Tue May 04, 2004 4:25 pm

"If I'm not me... who am I, then?" --Arnold Schwartzenegger, Total Recall
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue May 04, 2004 5:13 pm

Will and Mr. Gibbs discussing the fact that Jack was once marrooned on an island and left with nothing but a pistol with one shot in it.

Will: "What did Jack do?"

Gibbs: "Well, I'll tell you what he does. Jack wades out into the water. Day and night, he stood there until all manner of sea life came swimming into his presences. Now, on the third day, Jack ropes a couple of sea turtles, lashes them together and made a raft."

Will: ". . . He roped a couple of sea turtles?" Gibbs nods as Will adds "What did he use for rope?"

Jack walks up

Jack: "Human hair--- from my back."

That's one of the best exchanges in Pirates of the Caribbean-- quite possibly one of my favorite movies of earth!!!!!!!!!
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Return to General Entertainment