Hellboy

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby MasterDias » Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:29 pm

This is a movie that I'm definetly interested in seeing. Its premise sounds interesting.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby Lightbringer » Thu Apr 08, 2004 2:15 pm

Hellboy, it was as good as i was originally thinking. I saw a documentary thing for it and i thought it would be evan better, but my first thoughts of it being a normal superhero movie where right. Though i did like the before mentioned Underworld better. It was definatly worth a theater viewing.

Lightbringer // Aaron
Lightbringer // Aaron

Image Image
Join up! Darklight-The Chronicles of Tairis epic RPG
http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=5233
Lightbringer

Postby Rashiir » Sat Apr 10, 2004 9:46 pm

I read in Relevant that the producer is a Christian, who happens to be the guy behind the X-Men movies, which is perhaps why Ash thought it seemed similar...
"Be joyful always." - 1 Thes 5:16
Rashiir

Postby Keely » Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:23 am

Heard bad things about Punisher Steve, sorry...

And I didn't like Hellboy that much, it was too slow in points. It wasn't the worst comic movie I've ever seen, but I probably won't see it again. X-men and Spiderman were both much better...but then again, maybe I'm biased towards X-men...(<-fanatic!)
Love it seems made flying dreams so hearts could soar . . .
Keely

Postby Stephen » Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:34 am

What do you mean bad things about Punisher?
Stephen

Postby Yamato145 » Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:21 pm

Ashley wrote:I know Suncoast (correct me if I'm wrong here Shatterheart) was giving away preview dvds for it when you bought anything in the store. It looked rather interesting (reminded me a bit of the Xmen movie really) and I'll probably try to catch it sometime, either in theaters or on dvd.

actually it was best buy ...
but anyway i liked this movie a lot
[spoiler] especially when hellboy gets a cross burnt into his hand and becomes good again at the end [/spoiler]
The loving, caring, and slightly bad-influencing father of 1balloonpopper and khakibluesocks!!!
Also I'm not sure how -_-' but somehow I am the Master and Father of Spectro-King according to his signature ... but hey I'm up for having a minion ... so jump stupid ... I'll have him keeeeel you
:evil: Evil child of Fantasy Dreamer and Dark Disturbed Grandchild of Cephas VII
On a quest to adopt Cephas
:dance: WACKY BANANA!!! :rock: ROCKER!!! :hug: glomp of DOOM!!!
Ive noticed something interesting, when a place is really amazing people say it must be seen to believed ... but the most amazing place ever must be believed to be seen.
kenshin: W_^Vx
Yamato145

Postby madphilb » Sat Apr 17, 2004 5:59 pm

Finally went to see this Thursday... I liked it, was a pretty good movie. Was a pretty sharp movie, while still keeping it's sense of humor about itself. There didn't seem to really be any slow parts that had you wondering what time it is (unlike some other movies last year *cough*hulk*cough* )

Definately one I'll have to add to my DVD collection when it's released.
PHIL

Member of P.I.E. -- Pictures of Inkhana for Everyone!! Join the fight!!
madphilb

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Apr 18, 2004 5:23 pm

It is good to see this thread. I was wondering whether this was worth seeing (I rarely see any movies), but I'm glad that everyone has generally good things to say about it. Then again, we're recommending/slamming all sorts of movies in this thread, and my feelings are mixed on all of those.
uc pseudonym

Postby Ashley » Sun Apr 18, 2004 6:00 pm

I just came back from seeing it and I rather liked it. Was quite a bit better than I had really expected it to be (not much of a comic book turned movies girl). I think Hellboy's dialogue was probably one of the most entertaining parts...somehow just hearing even "oh crap" was amusing. It had a little of everything, which was nice: little romance, little horror, more than a little action, and some comedy thrown into the mix. Just what a good movie should be.
Ashley

Postby Heart of Sword » Sun May 02, 2004 6:23 pm

Looks kind of strange.

For some reason it reminds me of Inuyasha...probably because...OH NEVERMIND. Can someone please whack me with a mallet? Thank you.

From what I read, people get...burned and I don't like burnings...
Heart of Sword's Rhapsody

Money, get away
Get a good job with good pay and you're okay
And all and all you're just another brick in the wall
Shoutin’ in the street gonna take on the world some day
But Bismallah will not let me go
Because I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

Tommy used to work on the docks
Union's been on strike
Bright eyes burning like fire
And exposing every weakness
However carefully hidden by the kids

Who will love a little Sparrow
Who's traveled far and cries for rest
Spare him his life from this monstrosity

I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all
And if the band youre in starts playing different tunes
We will we will rock you
We will we will rock you!

[Pink Floyd fan listening to Queen and hugging trees which is also known as taking care of God's creation with a pair of headphones on listening to Nightwish as loud as possible while writing a novel on a computer in the middle of a field filled with Wolves.]

[Bassist...finally learning Money]
Heart of Sword

Previous

Return to General Entertainment