Tru Calling

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Tru Calling

Postby Bobtheduck » Fri Mar 26, 2004 6:26 am

Has anyone on here seen "Tru Calling"? I just started watching it a couple weeks ago when they reshowed the pilot, and I'm hooked now. The story sorta is starting to sound like "Clock Tower" only with time travel, and a story that doesn't suck... Tru is like a rooder and her calling gets passed through the females in the family (Her mother had it too, but not her)

Today's ep was especially good... It was a nice red herring that her dad threw her... It even tricked me... Man... i can't wait to see more of this. Besides that, Eliza dushku is one of the few actresses I think is good looking. The other was drew barrymore, and ONLY in "The Wedding Singer" Eliza has been hot in EVERYTHING I've seen her in... All THREE of them, hahaha... Um... Yeah, off track. The show's great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby madphilb » Fri Mar 26, 2004 7:14 pm

I started watching this a while back... I'm hoping Fox doesn't do to this show what they've done with the others that I've gotten interested in on their station.... and that's cancel it!

It's one of the few shows I try to make a point not to miss each week now that I've started watching it.
PHIL

Member of P.I.E. -- Pictures of Inkhana for Everyone!! Join the fight!!
madphilb

Postby Zedian » Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:09 pm

Yeah I've glacned it a few times....I knew it was time-travel but subject to what type was unclear in my head. Thanks for clearing it up, yeah Eliza makes up for her wrong career move in Wrong Turn. And yes, she is very attractive.
Zedian

Postby true_noir_chloe » Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:55 pm

I've been watching this show since it started, and since the new character, Jack, entered the show, I've gotten really interested in it. He's both intrigueing and creepy. I wonder how he'll play into all this.

[size=84][color=seagreen]YOU SEE

You see into the deepest part of me ---

beyond the fog I hide behind.

You cast your light upon the shadows

that stretch like cobwebs in my mind.

You ease the pain when I am hurting,

and morbid visions from my past

pierce into the realm of Reason

as though I danced on blades of glass.

You grant me strength when I have fallen

and, once again, I've lost my way.

You take my hand in Yours and lead me

into the promise of a brand new day.

You bring order to all my chaos,

yet set my well-laid plans awry.

You place me on a firm foundation ---

then give me wings so I can fly.

You sand away my roughened edges

and polish all the dullest parts

until I stand before Your presence...

a newly-sculpted work of art.

You see into the heart within me,

right through my motives and selfish will.

And yet, in spite of all You see

You say You love me even still.

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Postby Inferno » Fri Apr 16, 2004 7:45 am

what is this show about? It loooks kind of creepy to me.
"rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Philippians 4:4

METAL!!! :rock:

Member of headbangers united! \m/ >,< \m/

Myspace.com/cal3bsp3ncer
Inferno

Postby true_noir_chloe » Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:55 am

It's not scary or creepy, Inferno, it's just another T.V. show. ^_^ I was kind of joking when I said that Jack was creepy. He seems to know things in the show and so you wonder if he's a good guy or a bad guy. Altogether, it's a pretty good show. It's one of the few shows I watch on T.V., next to Everybody Loves Raymond and American Idol *boos are heard in the distance*. Hey, I like to listen to what Simon Cowell will say. XD

I used to watch Wonder Falls; but, they took it off for a horrible reality show, "the Swan" <--talk about creepy. It teaches people that they shouldn't be happy with what God gave them and rather should get all chopped up by a plastic surgeon until they reach perfection. Ack, what other junk will they dig up?

[size=84][color=seagreen]YOU SEE

You see into the deepest part of me ---

beyond the fog I hide behind.

You cast your light upon the shadows

that stretch like cobwebs in my mind.

You ease the pain when I am hurting,

and morbid visions from my past

pierce into the realm of Reason

as though I danced on blades of glass.

You grant me strength when I have fallen

and, once again, I've lost my way.

You take my hand in Yours and lead me

into the promise of a brand new day.

You bring order to all my chaos,

yet set my well-laid plans awry.

You place me on a firm foundation ---

then give me wings so I can fly.

You sand away my roughened edges

and polish all the dullest parts

until I stand before Your presence...

a newly-sculpted work of art.

You see into the heart within me,

right through my motives and selfish will.

And yet, in spite of all You see

You say You love me even still.

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Postby madphilb » Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:51 pm

This is the pattern for Fox, and one of the reasons I don't like the channel.... They had a good show with Dark Angel, and they canceled it, then came Firefly, and they canceled that... I'm sure they will eventually cancel Tru Calling also.

Problem is that 1) nothing has come close to the XFiles in a following (the other shows may look like the same demographic to them, but XFiles had a much wider audience I think than they realised)... and 2) Crapality TV shows like these that they've been running cost next to nothing compared to other shows, and they seem to be drawing in the lifeless masses (sorry if you're a reality fan, nothing personal ;) )

Oh welll... I'll enjoy the program till they do kill it off for some other slop.

Missed the show last night, the whole Fox programming is messed up due to the Presidential thing, for some reason the show started on a half hour... I'll just have to catch it in re-run.... but Jack is getting interesting.
PHIL

madphilb

Postby Bobtheduck » Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:44 pm

You can't probe an environment without changing it's inhabitants, or something like that. Reality TV shows are stupid because they're not really reality. When people know they're being watched, they act differently. Also, when there's money at stake and people are willing and even required to stab each other in the back, things perhaps get a bit too realistic...So, you have two extremes...

Butternut Squash.

Anyhow, I haven't been catching Tru Calling... After I did my 3 day fast and missed it, I forgot about it and keep forgetting when it's on. -_- Maybe they'll put it on DVD, so I can oggle the DVD covers in the stores because I won't be able to afford them. (oggle the dvd covers, not Eliza... I know what you're thinking... I oggle simpsons DVD sets and the gateway 710 Moviemaker computer too...)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Bobtheduck

Postby Inferno » Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:11 am

So what is this show about??
"rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Philippians 4:4

METAL!!! :rock:

Member of headbangers united! \m/ >,< \m/

Myspace.com/cal3bsp3ncer
Inferno

Postby madphilb » Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:06 pm

In short it's about a woman who works at a morgue. People who come in dead will turn to her and ask for help, at which point her whole day "rewinds" and she starts the day over from the beginning to do over again, with the hopes of keeping the person who asked for help from winding up dead.
PHIL

madphilb

Postby madphilb » Thu Apr 29, 2004 6:52 pm

Oye..... anyone catch the season finale of Tru Calling tonight? Just finished watching it... realling getting interesting.

Woah... so long as Fox doesn't do something stupid and axe the series it could get really interesting next season.

Very, very, interesting.
PHIL

madphilb

Postby Bobtheduck » Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:55 pm

Ooh, stupid east coast feed... I'm watching it; it's at the hour mark now. I gotta say, though, i had Jack figured out the first day he showed up. I saw that coming a mile away. Predictability doesn't mean it's bad, just that I've seen enough tv shows and movies that it takes a lot to surprise me... SHH! THE SECOND HOUR IS ON!

Sooo rude, message boards...

Edit: This is my prediction: [spoiler=prediction]I think that, like Jack is Tru's opposite, Tru's dad was her mom's opposite... Tru's Dad killed her mom because he was trying to stop her from saving people. [/spoiler]

EDIT: 1:45 mark - Ooh, the supspense is killing me... Wow... (amazing show)

EDIT: Well... My prediction was right... This seems a LOT like "Clock Tower" only with better acting and more interesting.
Bobtheduck

Return to General Entertainment