SAO Launcher

The geek forum. PHP, Perl, HTML, hardware questions etc.. it's all in here. Got a techie question? We'll sort you out. Ask your questions or post a link to your own site here!

SAO Launcher

Postby drill » Wed May 14, 2014 9:38 am

So, as the title suggests, I am here to share with everyone a launcher that has the look of the SAO menu. Even though it is still in Alpha, it works and looks really cool. If you are interested, here is the link for it: http://www.gpbeta.com/en/post/develop/sao-utils/
drill

Re: SAO Launcher

Postby nillapoet » Wed May 14, 2014 10:31 am

That looks pretty cool. Not sure how I'd use it. But cool looking, none the less.
nillapoet

Postby FourFourSeven » Wed May 14, 2014 11:42 am

I was never a fan of SAO, but I *really* hope that becomes a desktop environment theme on Linux.
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

"Why can't EVERYTHING be rocket propelled?!"
-Mattias Nilsson, Mercenaries 2: World In Flames
FourFourSeven

Postby TheAlbinoMoose » Wed May 14, 2014 1:27 pm

Looks awesome ^_^
Do you see this gorgeous creature?
That graceful profile. Those striking eyes. Behold the albino moose.
A wise man once said, "you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friend's nose."
TheAlbinoMoose

Postby IPv4 » Mon May 19, 2014 11:02 am

drill wrote:So, as the title suggests, I am here to share with everyone a launcher that has the look of the SAO menu. Even though it is still in Alpha, it works and looks really cool. If you are interested, here is the link for it: http://www.gpbeta.com/en/post/develop/sao-utils/

Do you have copyrights? :p
IPv4

Postby nln_rose » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:25 pm

looks cool what's it do?
I hope you don't mind me barging in like this. In spite of the profession I've chosen, I've never actually made a confession before. It's these times we live in. I did what it took to protect the children at any cost. That's how I always justified my actions. I took many people's lives, all that time believing there was no other way. My sins are so heavy. Too heavy. Too heavy to ever atone for. And yet, somehow I feel happy, at peace with myself today. It really can be done. Once you stop to think about it, there are plenty of ways to save everyone. Why didn't I ever listen to him? Why didn't I see that before it was too late? -Nicholas D. Wolfwood (Priest)
nln_rose

Postby drill » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:35 pm

Oh, wow, this is an old thread as I've already forgot about the program.

Well, nln_rose, this program is a launcher. It allows you to access programs more freely than normal. Most people just say to use the taskbar, but sometimes that can get really cluttered and full, so this gives you quick access to a multitude of programs. This specific one is designed after the SAO menu used in the game. As such you hold down both left and right click (can be changed in the settings) and move your mouse down. The Launcher will then open with a list of programs that you can access. You can also change which programs are displayed.
drill

Return to Computing and Links