I've got a bit of a dilemma.

The geek forum. PHP, Perl, HTML, hardware questions etc.. it's all in here. Got a techie question? We'll sort you out. Ask your questions or post a link to your own site here!

I've got a bit of a dilemma.

Postby Chronicler1701 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:18 pm

I've been wanting to get a fractal program called Ultra Fractal that costs $69 for the version I want.
When I got the money and placed the order, it said the payment was not authorized. I called the support number and they said that the bank they use is somewhere in Germany or something, and that's why it wouldn't go through.

My mom and I both find this kinda fishy.

Have any of you guys ever bought this program?

Thanks for your time.
Thank You, Jesus, for everything You've given me.

His Love is deep, His Love is wide
And it covers us.
His Love is fierce, His Love is strong
It is furious.
His Love is sweet, His Love is wild,
And it's waking hearts to life.

Current astronomical equipment:
Telescope: Meade ETX-90(pending repair)
Eyepieces: Meade Series 4000 26mm Super Plössl

Elements:
Water
Electricity
Heat
Cold
Wind
Magnetism
Time

Forces:
Strength
Speed
Beasts

And, finally:
All

Ed, Edd n Eddy is awesome!
Best Pokémon, ever: Deoxys
Favorite Fairy Tail Guild member and supporting character: Erza Scarlet and Loke. They're both willing to sacrifice everything they've got to protect those they hold dear.

Revelation 2:17
“He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give some of the hidden manna to eat. And I will give him a white stone, and on the stone a new name written which no one knows except him who receives it.” (NKJV)
Chronicler1701

Location: In the Royal City of Edolas, researching new techniques of building vehicles.

Re: I've got a bit of a dilemma.

Postby Reon » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:17 am

At first glance and having experience with online theft, I would say you're fine (if you used the site I'm looking at http://www.ultrafractal.com/shop/). Keep an eye on your card transactions, once a day would be a good idea at least for awhile. They're reputable enough to sold on the Apple store as well and from a quick search didn't find any problems. I would use a different form of payment (Paypal/Visa etc). It honestly doesn't look like you have anything to worry about (if you used the exact site I linked).

In other news, it's always a good idea to check your computer for Trojans and Malware =)
Reon

Postby Chronicler1701 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:26 am

Yeah, thanks. I went ahead and bought it, and it worked fine. I thought I put that on here, but I guess not.

Thanks again, Reon.

And it covers us.
It is furious.

Elements:
Water
Electricity
Heat
Cold
Wind
Magnetism
Time

Forces:
Strength
Speed
Beasts

And, finally:
All

Favorite Fairy Tail Guild member and supporting character: Erza Scarlet and Loke. They're both willing to sacrifice everything they've got to protect those they hold dear.

“He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give some of the hidden manna to eat. And I will give him a white stone, and on the stone a new name written which no one knows except him who receives it.” (NKJV)
Chronicler1701

Location: In the Royal City of Edolas, researching new techniques of building vehicles.

Postby Reon » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:12 am

Glad everything worked out Chronicler! Have fun with your new program! =D
Reon

Postby Chronicler1701 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:53 am

I am. Thanks, Reon!

And it covers us.
It is furious.

Elements:
Water
Electricity
Heat
Cold
Wind
Magnetism
Time

Forces:
Strength
Speed
Beasts

And, finally:
All

Chronicler1701

Return to Computing and Links