What's the best online storage available?

The geek forum. PHP, Perl, HTML, hardware questions etc.. it's all in here. Got a techie question? We'll sort you out. Ask your questions or post a link to your own site here!

What's the best online storage available?

Postby ADXC » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:51 am

So I have been wondering about possibly storing my files online, but I have no clue about which is the best, most trustworthy, reasonably priced, and the safest online storage available.

I want to do this because I thought today about what would happen if my computer had issues down the road. These files are only on my comp and I would like a way to store a backup of this stuff so just in case something happens, I still have those files.

However, if online storage is not the way to go, then just tell me what would be a better solution and I will consider that option.

Can anyone help me with this?
ADXC

Re: What's the best online storage available?

Postby MomentOfInertia » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:53 am

I don't know much about online storage but I have a 2GB flash drive with all of my school stuff on it. on the one hand I don't have an A/V stuff or my pictures on there, on the other, last I looked Best Buy didn't stock anything under 4GB.

I also have an 8GB drive that I use for a full backup that's got about 6.2GB on it, but I use it for some archival storage that amounts to about 4.2GB of that.

A flash drive (or an external hard drive if you're an artist or something) should be enough for on site back up; if you want something off site that's beyond me. Though there is one guy in one of my classes that seems to do everything through google drive; and what little I've used it google seems to be alright. I haven't done any backing up with it, just used it as an online shared folder for a few classes.
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Re: What's the best online storage available?

Postby Xeno » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:23 am

Google Drive is probably going to be the best all around option. The next best one is going to be Dropbox.
Xeno

Return to Computing and Links