Life With Leon

The geek forum. PHP, Perl, HTML, hardware questions etc.. it's all in here. Got a techie question? We'll sort you out. Ask your questions or post a link to your own site here!

Postby Sheenar » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:07 am

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Sheenar » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:41 am

Whoops. Kind of let the blog slide a bit.

Can't sleep, so I posted a new blog post --with a video!
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Sheenar » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:57 pm

Sheenar

Postby alma » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:49 pm

Cool pics. Like them.
I liked the custom and he is ready with his bucket :)
You made me smile when he finally was able to put the cup in the trash can, good boy.
"Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."John 17:3 (NASB)
"By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”John 13:35
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/alma01
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
alma

Postby Sheenar » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:49 pm

Not a blog update, but have to share this photo. He just looks so pitiful!

Leon has some hot spots that came up on his belly (allergic reaction to chicken) --not terribly bothered by them other than being a bit itchy. Anyway, vet gave him some meds and I've been trying to get him to stop licking the spots --finally had to go pick up a "cone of shame".

He keeps getting up from his bed and putting his be-coned head on my lap and looking at me with those big sad eyes. But it's for his own good. Poor little cone-head. :)

Sheenar

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:51 am

Sheenar (post: 1514119) wrote:Not a blog update, but have to share this photo. He just looks so pitiful!

Leon has some hot spots that came up on his belly (allergic reaction to chicken) --not terribly bothered by them other than being a bit itchy. Anyway, vet gave him some meds and I've been trying to get him to stop licking the spots --finally had to go pick up a "cone of shame".

He keeps getting up from his bed and putting his be-coned head on my lap and looking at me with those big sad eyes. But it's for his own good. Poor little cone-head. :)

Man, that is sad to see...but he looks like he's taking it in his stride with that smile...Good luck there Leon!
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby Sheenar » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:04 pm

Leon saw his dermatologist today.

He has a superficial bacterial and yeast infection on his skin (got medicine for that), but it's related to underlying food allergy issues he is still having (he has inflammation in his skin all over his body). So he is being placed on a prescription vegetarian diet for 12 weeks, then we will add animal proteins (and other common allergens) back in one at a time to see if we can figure out what he is still having a reaction to.
My poor little boy. He still is happy and wiggly (and working well), but I know he isn't 100%.

I will try to have an actual blog update sometime in the next few days.

Sheenar

Postby Sheenar » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:05 pm

New blog post! Sorry for the long hiatus.

Not mentioned in the blog, but Leon has been doing really well on the new food --no more ear problems, no more itchy skin, no more rashes --that is, until a Petsmart employee fed him treats on Tuesday while I was occupied with the ID tag kiosk. :mutter:
Thankfully, the store manager arranged for us to see the Banfield vet yesterday for treatment (Leon had broken out in a rash yesterday afternoon). He got steroid and antihistamine shots --and a short course of steroid pills --so the vet is really hitting this hard, so hopefully, he'll be back to 100% soon (though it will take a few weeks for that stuff to get out of his system). He's working well, but seems "off" --it's hard to explain.

Sheenar

Postby Sheenar » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:55 pm

New post! Video included! :)

Food Bowl Retrieval

Leon is doing much better. Almost done with his course of meds and he is back to his happy, wiggly and hard-working self. :)

Sheenar

Postby Sheenar » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:48 am

New blog post!

Morning Routine

Sheenar

Postby rocklobster » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:33 pm

D'aww! Leon and Marzipan look so sweet!
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Sheenar » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:50 pm

Things people say to service dog handlers

(Curse word in the title of the YouTube video, but no cursing in the actual video)

Sheenar

Postby Sheenar » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:11 pm

Sheenar

Postby Sheenar » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:32 pm

The fridge --just for fun

New video included :)

Sheenar

Postby Sheenar » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:06 pm

Training outing!

I keep forgetting about the blog (been soooo scatterbrained lately). Sorry this update is a month and a half after the last one.

Sheenar

Postby Sheenar » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:27 am

New post! Including a few photos of Leon in his bow tie at my friend's wedding.

http://lifewithleon.blogspot.com/2012/06/forgot-to-post-photos.html

Sheenar

Previous

Return to Computing and Links