My Anime Blog

The geek forum. PHP, Perl, HTML, hardware questions etc.. it's all in here. Got a techie question? We'll sort you out. Ask your questions or post a link to your own site here!

Re: My Anime Blog

Postby KazeShiki » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:18 am

So regarding our monthly podcast, if you've been listening, you would know we have a listener mail section at the end where we answer submitted questions. If anyone has questions they'd like us to answer (can be anything from spirituality to opinions on a certain anime), please send us your questions any way you prefer (post in this thread, PM me, tweet us (@animetangles)), or send an email (thetangles@outlook.com). We try to get through as many as time allows. If there're too many, we might save them for the next podcast. This is an ongoing thing, so feel free to send a question at any time in the future. Thanks for your input and look forward to the next episode to be released on Christmas day!
"It was then that I found the darkness in my heart, but I wanted to become a strong person who didn't yield to such weakness." - Nana Mizuki
KazeShiki

Postby TsubasaKamen » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:20 pm

Alright, I have a question. I am re-watching through Slayers, and I just passed the part where Gourry brings out the Sword of Light for the first time. Before he actually shows it though, he taps the hilt of the sword with a pin and then says "Do you get it now?" This had something to do with the fact that he was about to unleash the Sword of Light but I didn't understand why he used the pin to tap the hilt of the sword to address that point? Or was that the point?

Also a spiritual question. Something has been bothering me a lot lately, and that is unanswered prayers. I am told that prayers either go amiss because of sins that are in ones life, but I've also been told that prayers do not always produce an answer immediately after praying for whatever the petition may be. I have been dealing with social anxiety which is producing a paranoid nervousness at work around people and I have been going to God about it on a continual nightly bases. The problem is, the problem seems to be more medical and psychological than anything else because despite how much I ask God for deliverance through the Lord, Savior, and Healer, Jesus Christ, I am always faced with the issue the next day, as if my prayer was in vain. I want to believe in God for deliverance, and yes, I want to acknowledge that some things are best dealt with through time and perseverance, but is there any reason in specific as to why Heaven seems to be silent concerning some prayer requests?
"But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord." - 1 Corinthians 3:18.
TsubasaKamen

Postby anlptgtsg » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:05 pm

Slayers wow. I think that was the first anime I watched with mages. I didn't really finished all the episodes. I don't know the answer to your question either XD.

I believe prayers have 3 answers. These answers are yes, no and wait. Why heaven seems to be silent concerning some prayer request? Hmmmm... it's a tough one to think about why prayers such as healing aren't answered. I'll just think about the general reasons why I think prayers aren't answered.

First reason that I can think of is that it is not the will of God. Jesus asked the Father if he would be spared by death. Jesus said “My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from me; yet not as I will, but as you will “. Another example is when Jesus healed a man born blind. John 9:3 "Neither this man nor his parents sinned said Jesus, "but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him. Also when Joseph was sold by his brothers to be a slave....

Second reason is lack of faith. The faith of the centurion man in Jesus healed his servant without physical contact. Matthew 8:5-13.

Third is because of sin. Isaiah 1:2-15. In verse 15 “When you spread out your hands in prayer, I hide my eyes from you; even when you offer many prayers, I am not listening. “
anlptgtsg

Postby TWWK » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:02 pm

TsubasaKamen, thank you for the questions! We weren't able to get to the Slayers one this month, but we'll try to get to it in the future, perhaps for the next podcast. As for your spiritual question, I think the best forum for us to respond is through our blog. We'll be posting on it in a couple of weeks. Do you want me to list you as TsubasaKamen, or let you remain anonymous when we post?
TWWK

Postby TWWK » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:02 am

Our latest podcast episode is up. We've also added a bunch of wonderful new writers!
TWWK

Postby Fantasia » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:15 pm

I don't yet have an account to comment on your blog, but I want to say that I have been following your blog for a while now, and I really admire what you're doing. I love reading your articles, which are always well-written and insightful.

I hope your blog will continue for years to come, and may God bless you!
Fantasia

Postby KazeShiki » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:04 am

Our newest podcast episode is up! This time we talk about a relatively mature and controversial topic: adult content in visual novels. Also, look forward to next week as we will have a series of posts dedicated to Key stories leading up to Easter!
"It was then that I found the darkness in my heart, but I wanted to become a strong person who didn't yield to such weakness." - Nana Mizuki
KazeShiki

Postby KazeShiki » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:35 am

While this week we've been focusing on Key, we specifically dedicated most of the week to Key's visual novel Rewrite. I know there are people here, though small in number, who have read this brilliant piece of work, and even if you haven't, we attempted to summarize the entirety as best we could, so I hope you check out what many of us consider one of the greatest Christian parallels we've ever made.
KazeShiki

Previous

Return to Computing and Links