[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
Best affordable headphones - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

Best affordable headphones

The geek forum. PHP, Perl, HTML, hardware questions etc.. it's all in here. Got a techie question? We'll sort you out. Ask your questions or post a link to your own site here!

Best affordable headphones

Postby Wolf-man » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:20 am

Hey I am looking for recommendations for the best affordable and durable headphones. i bought Jbuds but they have now broken twice and I read reviews of people saying that they had to replace their's 3 times and they still broke. So I am hoping to find a new pair. I am looking for good sound and good durability and i would prefer not spend too much more, if any, over $30. Thanks!
Wolf-man

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:48 am

Sony makes some good hook type head phones. They usually cost about $10 at Walmart. I've had mine for quite a while now.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:20 am

I like Sennheisers, but they're not cheap. I've found that with headphones, most times you get what you pay for, so you may be better off saving a little longer to buy a better pair that won't break in two weeks.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby goldenspines » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:36 pm

I like Skull Candy headphones because I'm really an emo skater dude at heart.

Actually, Skull Candy does have some fairly good products(and a nice return policy in case something happens to those dear headphones), but like Shiroi mentioned, you do indeed get what you pay for. Skull Candy's cheapest and still pretty good quality pair is about $30-$35.

If you go much lower than $30, you'll start getting either low sound quality or the headphones will be made out of very flimsy material (and the wires won't be as durable and thus wear out quickly). So, if you're looking for cheap ones, you're going to have to settle. Or, yeah, save money and buy a pair that will last you a while.

Though, if you were talking about earbuds instead, you can get a nice pair for around $10-$15.
goldenspines

Postby blkmage » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:11 pm

I've heard that Sennheiser MX400s are a decent cheap (only $20, I think) alternative to Sony's top of the line MDR-E888s.
blkmage

Postby Sapphy » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:49 pm

I've got a couple pair from Walmart, for about $10. I think they're called Gummy or something of the like? Different colors. My first pair lasted over a year, then started falling apart... although that was probably because I took the earbuds apart several time to try to make them look less gross O.o Never get light blue earbuds if yours will get full of ear dirt crap...
The pair I have now are perfectly fine, and will probably last quite a while. I just won't take these apart... xD
I've had no problems with the wires or anything, and the music all sounds fine to me.

Now, if you don't want earbuds... sorry, I'm no help there :P I dislike anything other than earbuds.
Sapphy

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Another good set are the $20 studio style head phones from Sony. They lasted forever until my sister accidentally crushed them ;~;
Shao Feng-Li

Postby ST. Attidude » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:44 pm

[quote="Shao Feng-Li (post: 1422383)"]Another good set are the $20 studio style head phones from Sony. They lasted forever until my sister accidentally crushed them ]

I currently own these "studio monitors" now, and I can confidently second that. The cord is extra long but its thick and worth it.
As far as headphones go in general, I don't really buy anything except the Sony brand.
[color="Magenta"]@[/color][color="Red"])}[/color][color="DarkGreen"]~[/color][color="Green"]`,[/color][color="Lime"]~[/color] [color="LightBlue"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, [color="Red"]As Thanks,[/color] [color="LightBlue"]To All The CAA Moderators[/color][/color]
______
[color="Navy"]ST[/color][color="Blue"].[/color][color="RoyalBlue"] Attidude's[/color][color="DeepSkyBlue"].[/color][color="LightBlue"].[/color].Portfolio Site, Twitter,
DeviantArt page
ST. Attidude

Return to Computing and Links