[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
That was freaky... - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

That was freaky...

The geek forum. PHP, Perl, HTML, hardware questions etc.. it's all in here. Got a techie question? We'll sort you out. Ask your questions or post a link to your own site here!

That was freaky...

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:51 am

Ok, so, all day my computer has just been sitting on my desk. I got home from work a while ago and haven't touched my laptop. It suddenly started making a weird noise. Every, say, 40 seconds it make an odd "boooop" noise from the motherboard speaker. My volume is all the way down. And I'm looking online trying to figure out what it might be. Well, then the next noise is off that of a Verizon cell phone turning off. All strange noises of ceased now.

I'm about ready to format something though, I tell you what :(
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:57 am

So I guess no one has any ideas. Anyway, I went ahead and reformatted.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Tsukuyomi » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:54 pm

Mew, I missed this tread :(

Did you find out what it was? Perhaps, some radio waves (or w/e kind) interfering with it? Lol, I'm not sure if that's possible, but sometimes I can hear a phone ringing when I'm listening to the radio.. I mean, the ring comes from the radio o.o
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Straylight » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:13 am

Are you sure you didn't lean on the keyboard or spill water on the keyboard? That can produce beeping noises.

Apart from that it might be a hardware fault which I hate to say it but is quite serious. Probably unlikely to be caused by malware (viruses etc)
[align=center]
Banner above created using my avatar generator tool.
You know you want try it.
Straylight

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:51 am

Straylight (post: 1407987) wrote:Are you sure you didn't lean on the keyboard or spill water on the keyboard? That can produce beeping noises.

Apart from that it might be a hardware fault which I hate to say it but is quite serious. Probably unlikely to be caused by malware (viruses etc)

It was coming from inside. I was ok until it made the Verizon cellphone noise.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Tsukuyomi » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:37 am

The verizon cell phone noise is what has me thrown off.. What can that be?
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Warrior4Christ » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:44 am

What type of laptop? Can you describe the sound better?

Mine used to have a weird two-tone noise, at random intervals 20-120 seconds apart. It'd do that for 10 minutes or more, then stop... then maybe start again later. It convincingly sounded like it was coming from the speakers....
I changed the.... hard disk.. and haven't heard the noise since. And I don't think formatting helped at all for me.
Everywhere like such as, and MOES.

"Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God." - William Carey
Warrior4Christ

Location: Carefully place an additional prawn on the barbecue

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:07 pm

I wish I could. All I know that it wasn't coming from the normal sound speakers. At least, I didn't have them on or have the sound going to them.

Well all did just get cellphones though. Is it possible someone's phone here in the house was making noise and my speakers picked it up?
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Warrior4Christ » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:58 am

Shao Feng-Li (post: 1408818) wrote:Well all did just get cellphones though. Is it possible someone's phone here in the house was making noise and my speakers picked it up?

It's a very distinctive sound always like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23rdefO4gBU&feature=related

And it has to be pretty close too.
Everywhere like such as, and MOES.

"Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God." - William Carey
Warrior4Christ

Location: Carefully place an additional prawn on the barbecue

Postby Tsukuyomi » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:01 pm

Warrior4Christ (post: 1410151) wrote:It's a very distinctive sound always like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23rdefO4gBU&feature=related

And it has to be pretty close too.

Ah, that noise :-? I recall hearing that sound when someone *coughPeanutcough* has a cellphone near while voice chatting on skype xD
Tsukuyomi

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:11 pm

I don't think I had a cellphone even nearby. And it played the Verizon jingle.

But. My grandma lives down in California. Her house is about 50 feet from the road and the road is a big time freight route. Her speakers will pick up the signals from the truckers passing by. You can hear little snips of their conversations.

Though, there's been nothing since I reformatted anyway.
Shao Feng-Li

Return to Computing and Links