cheap anime dvds

The geek forum. PHP, Perl, HTML, hardware questions etc.. it's all in here. Got a techie question? We'll sort you out. Ask your questions or post a link to your own site here!

cheap anime dvds

Postby Christianotaku » Wed Jun 18, 2003 4:00 pm

cheap anime dvds.........at http://www.animeniacs.com

what you want to get is there perfect collection series that include english audio anything else is usually japanese with subtitles.

yo ucan get full cowboy bebop al lepisodes 28 bucks.

full rurouni kenshin with english audio 105 dollars wow

:thumb:
thats the way i see it
wesley useche aka. DJWeslo Thevidgod Christianotaku

oh really hehe knives hmhm
*starts burning down the board*
Christianotaku

Postby Ashley » Wed Jun 18, 2003 4:13 pm

Moved this to the Links section.
Ashley

Postby Master Kenzo » Thu Jul 17, 2003 1:57 pm

I have a question regarding this site - is it trustworthy? If so, how long is the delivery time, what quality are the products, etc.
I'm back to make a post or two every couple years...
Master Kenzo

Postby Stephen » Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:42 pm

Ok I have bought 2 box sets from Animeniacs. They are legit, GREAT to deal with. I emailed them a few times during shipments, and I spoke with Cashan the owner...very nice guy. It takes them like a week or so after payment...not the fastest in the world, but man...there prices are great, and there nice people to deal with. I would buy from them before Best Buy, Suncoast, or anyone else. Check my sig for more proof. lol.
Stephen

Postby Stephen » Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:43 pm

Btw, there stuff is great, the boxsets are sweet...I posted pics of my Trigun set somewhere...maybe Ash can tell you where....
Stephen

Postby Ashley » Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:49 pm

http://www.christiananime.net/forums/showthread.php?t=603

Ta da! Personally, I'm not very impressed with animeniacs at the moment..I ordered stuff ont he 8th and I'm still waiting for it. Still, they're prices are CHEAP AS DIRT PEOPLE, and yes, the staff is extremely user-friendly, even Cashan is not some unapproachable head guy. I can give a better support/review when I finally get my stuff in :shady:

Actually, given all that, I can forgive them and continually fork over my paycheck, even if I have to kill the USPS in the process.
Ashley

Postby Stephen » Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:51 pm

Odd...my orders always came fast...and I am farther away from them....did you give them all the info they needed? (item number, shipping addy, etc etc) Treat them like Ebay, give them any info they could possibly need...and there speedy.
Stephen

Postby Ashley » Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:55 pm

Well, like I said, I haven't given up hope on them at all. A little miffed yes, but next time I'll include anything they need in an email, not with my money order. So yes folks, this site does get a thumbs up from me...plus, not only does it have good prices, but some stuff you can't even get in america yet *cough KKJ cough hack*
Ashley

Postby MyrrhLynn » Tue Jul 22, 2003 12:26 pm

I personally use http://www.discountanimedvd.com they have a HUGE selection and their prices are ok.

:x:Anti Yaoi Fans :x: Daystar Design :x: MyrrhLynn.NET :x: Need an avatar? Then Click here!

"Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES."
MyrrhLynn

Postby Christianotaku » Wed Jul 23, 2003 7:20 am

but discount anime dvd doesnt have s much stuff as animeniacs and there prices are much more expensive
thats the way i see it

Christianotaku

Postby Stephen » Wed Jul 23, 2003 8:39 pm

Gotta agree with Christianotaku on this....everything I looked for, Animeniacs had cheaper...maybe it was just what I happend to be looking for. *shrug*
Stephen

Postby Saint » Wed Jul 23, 2003 8:43 pm

i will have to look into it if shatter and ash approve. is this for english dubbed or just sub's???
We are saved by grace thru faith, not of works... "keep on fighting for grace"
Saint

Postby Master Kenzo » Thu Jul 24, 2003 6:30 am

Some stuff is only subtitles, others has both. If you're referring to Trigun, they have subtitles and dubbed.
I'm back to make a post or two every couple years...
Master Kenzo

Postby Saint » Thu Jul 24, 2003 9:21 pm

hmm, with they had it in different locations for me...all i found last night was subed... (not that i am totally against that, i'll have to check out trigun... but i already own them all) still a good gift idea.
Saint

Postby MyrrhLynn » Thu Jul 24, 2003 10:18 pm

Shatterheart wrote:Gotta agree with Christianotaku on this....everything I looked for, Animeniacs had cheaper...maybe it was just what I happend to be looking for. *shrug*

Well actually to be perfectly honest I only have used them a few times and then I usualy just by the Hot Deals stuff. Plus I go there to see what is being released soon.

:x:Anti Yaoi Fans :x: Daystar Design :x: MyrrhLynn.NET :x: Need an avatar? Then Click here!

"Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES."
MyrrhLynn

Postby Ashley » Fri Jul 25, 2003 7:06 am

I got my cowboy bebop boxed set in yesterday. Man oh man, it is incredible. The set itself looks great--including a plastic slip case, which I thought was spiffy, and a trifold dvd holder (think Fellowship of the Ring special edition), so it's very professional and very legit. And the quality? Absolutely perfect, IMO. Given all this--plus the incredibly cheap price I paid--makes it definately a grade-A site in my book. :thumb:
Ashley

Postby Christianotaku » Fri Jul 25, 2003 8:22 am

you have to look for trigun the perfect collection
thats the way i see it

Christianotaku

Postby Saint » Fri Jul 25, 2003 10:35 pm

I am sorry... i just can't believe that this is a true legitament (as in truely legal site). i mean there is not way that Pioneer is gonna release Trigun it two different packages and another thing... the true compaines are big on DVD Regional coding to stop illegal copies...
I think there might be some doubt to the quality of some illegal dvds made in China... i mean it is like a profession there.
i could be wrong. i guess i could write Pioneer or some of the other companies...
Saint

Postby Stephen » Sat Jul 26, 2003 1:54 am

Pioneer did not release the 30 dollar set, FX did. FX got permission from Pioneer to do so...FX are R1 rips. Therefor there is a minute quality loss. As well as a few screen flickers from time to time. Animeniacs is quite legal despite what you might think. They would not do the business they do if they were illegal, they would be shut down. But think whatever you want, and pay whatever you want for anime. As for me, I will keep on buying dvds from them. As for region coding...yeah, another way for big companies to rip everyone off. :rolls_eye I try to only buy region zero (free) DVDs. As for quality, of course there is doubt. HK Dvds can be kinda iffy sometimes, and some rips are poor. R1 FX dvds are great. Bebop has a little pixilation...but not enough to notice really. I mean if you want to spend 120 bucks more to get more disks and a minute amount of quality go for it. *shrug*
Stephen

Postby Christianotaku » Sat Jul 26, 2003 8:08 am

THe thing is licensing in china is so cheap!
so its easy to print and press cheap anime/mangas

a manga in china cost 50 cents
thats the way i see it

Christianotaku

Postby Rev. Doc » Sat Jul 26, 2003 8:45 am

I made the mistake twice of getting Hong Kong realeases. Never again. While the picture quality was OK the subtitling was...well let's say a 2nd or 3rd grade student could have done better. While I am no big fan of paying big prices, Anime is really my only hobby so I make sure I pick and choose that which I am pretty sure I will enjoy again and again. Most of my purchasing is done at Best Buy who has pretty decent pricing. Plus this company seems to promote a good bit of hentai material and I tend to steer away from companies that offer that.
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby Christianotaku » Sat Jul 26, 2003 11:48 am

wel actaully a 3rd or 4t grade student couldnt do it better since most are done from tv rips and a lot of the animes are old and these are chinese people so its hard for them to speak english .

hkdvds are almost never made from orginals except for flowerxxx`s stuff

you got to know your studios
thats the way i see it

Christianotaku

Postby Ashley » Sat Jul 26, 2003 3:33 pm

Yeah Rev, I agree it has hentai in it. But y'know, as Christians we should really know BETTER than to even click on that link. As far as I'm concerned, I'm not supporting hentai because I don't buy anything from it...and it's almost a little irrational in my mind to stop buying good things from a company just because they offer bad things too. Why? Because plenty of American companies I buy from every day support/fund not-so-good things as well. Just my opinion on that.

Yeah, you DO have to be careful about the HK stuff, but from what I've seen so far, my cowboy bebop is right on translation wise (meaning, it's the same dub set that was featured on CN, so the sub is good stuff too). So, so far so good. Best Buy is ok, but man alive, Suncoast has a huge selection but it's 30 bucks a pop. Ouch.
Ashley

Postby Stephen » Sat Jul 26, 2003 7:52 pm

Best buy sells R rated movies that contain sex....Suncoast sells nasty stuff...personaly, I don't care what a store sells...if they have what I want I buy.
Stephen

Postby EireWolf » Tue Jul 29, 2003 9:51 pm

Okay, forgive me for asking a dumb question but... What's with the Regional Coding? What Region is the U.S.? Thanks.

*crawls back into hole of ignorance*

:?:
EireWolf

Postby inkhana » Tue Jul 29, 2003 9:52 pm

Don't feel too bad about it...I don't know the answer either...:(

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby Ashley » Tue Jul 29, 2003 10:13 pm

Regional coding has to do with the tv signals each of the broadcasting companies use. I.e. in america, it's something like NATSC, but in Japan, it's something else. Has to do with compression and the like.
Anyway, it also allows the dvd companies to market areas and such. Blah. The US, if I remember corretly---I would kill to find that chart Steve showed me once---is region 1. This means if you bought a dvd player/ps2 in the us, you must buy games/dvds in the us so they are compatible. I can't go to england and buy a dvd and expect it to play on my US dvd player, see?
Region 0 is region free; meaning it's the type O for all of them. It'll play in everything.
That answer your questions?
Ashley

Postby Saint » Tue Jul 29, 2003 10:17 pm

the U.S. is region 1. regional coding is used to help deter illegal copying and to control the rate at which movies are released. Most big companies use regional coding. thats why i am always skeptic of region 0 dvds. some countries don't care to enforce international copyright laws.
(but shatter said that these have been licensed, so i don't see a problem with that), ;)
Saint

Postby andyroo » Tue Jul 29, 2003 10:17 pm

The US, if I remember corretly---I would kill to find that chart Steve showed me once---is region 1.

Here's the chart that I think you were looking for Ashley. Just don't kill me. ;)
"As vinegar to the teeth and smoke to the eyes, so is a sluggard to those who send him." ~Proverbs 10:26
†
The Ideas Behind Anime |

The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its limits.
A proud member of P.I.E. -- Pictures of Inkhana for Everyone! Join the fight!
andyroo

Postby Ashley » Tue Jul 29, 2003 10:52 pm

That's it!
Ashley

Next

Return to Computing and Links