Past and Future

The geek forum. PHP, Perl, HTML, hardware questions etc.. it's all in here. Got a techie question? We'll sort you out. Ask your questions or post a link to your own site here!

Past and Future

Postby Roll » Mon Dec 15, 2003 11:28 am

If you've ever been asked questions about our origin and/or prophecized future and didn't know the answer, here are two great resources that provide lots of info on their respective areas of focus:

Answers in Genesis

*clipped*

Hope someone finds this info helpful! I certainly did! = )
[color="YellowGreen"]Got a Wii? PM me to trade numbers! ^^[/color]

[color="Yellow"]As a supporter of MOES, I would like to take this opportunity to kindly ask that the content of your signature be kept to a minimum as a courtesy to your fellow forum members. Thank you![/color]
Roll

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Dec 15, 2003 1:23 pm

I am not going to specifically state on this topic, nor share any of my opinions. But I do have something important to say.

Don't let this become an argument. Saying this is probably an exercise in futility, but I tried, nevertheless. A few more members get here, and we have an argument in the making.
uc pseudonym

Postby Technomancer » Mon Dec 15, 2003 2:52 pm

Are you thinking of anyone in particular? :)

Okay I'm trying, but that second link is a bit like waving a red flag in front of a bull.

edit: oh yeah, http://www.talkorigins.org/
The scientific method," Thomas Henry Huxley once wrote, "is nothing but the normal working of the human mind." That is to say, when the mind is working; that is to say further, when it is engaged in corrrecting its mistakes. Taking this point of view, we may conclude that science is not physics, biology, or chemistry—is not even a "subject"—but a moral imperative drawn from a larger narrative whose purpose is to give perspective, balance, and humility to learning.

Neil Postman
(The End of Education)

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge

Isaac Aasimov
Technomancer

Postby Straylight » Mon Dec 15, 2003 4:24 pm

.... waving a red flag in front of a bull.

O_o???

does look a bit dodgy.
this thread's on the way to a locking ...
[align=center]
Banner above created using my avatar generator tool.
You know you want try it.
Straylight

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Dec 16, 2003 5:48 am

It seems only mods and the like are posting here (excepting Technomancer, but we all love him). It may never actually get enough people to become an argument. Second link clipped, by the way, I really don't want to leave that sort of prophecy mess on CAA. Call me paranoid, but I really don't like that "Donation Depot."
uc pseudonym

Return to Computing and Links