The little things...

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

The little things...

Postby SigmaKnight » Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:51 pm

Well I don't really have anything big to say really... But God did do some little things for my family today (that I know about, He probably did more that went unseen)

*Clears throat*

Uhm.. Well today it was raining and the thunder and lightening was coming down rather badly.So I said a little prayer and not more than 10 minutes later the sound of the lightening fades and the rain cuts down, after about 5 more you can't even hear it outside.

I know its not a big thing, but its good to know that God even hears to the prayers of his people in the little things.

Second, My mother was studying some things she had gotten from a church, but the television was on and it was bothering her. She called for my sister, my brother, or myself to turn it off. None of us heard her though. But not more than a moment later she heard a "Click" and the television shut down.

Strangely enough, no one in the house did it, she couldn't have accidentally sat on the remote or anything (its been lost for a while now). So I'll just say thanks to God for the little things he's done, and only did that out of His love for us.
SigmaKnight

Postby Iona » Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:12 am

I think you're right. We should be grateful to God for the little mercies and the big blessings He gives us. Most of the time when I complain about bad things, I don't remember all the good things He's done for me.
At least he helped keep your Mom from a nervous breakdown. (;
"I am Kagura!"

Iona

Postby true_noir_chloe » Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:49 pm

Every day is a blessing, and I think it's great that you wrote about the "little things," Sigma Knight. ^____^ In all things we should give thanks.

[size=84][color=seagreen]YOU SEE

You see into the deepest part of me ---

beyond the fog I hide behind.

You cast your light upon the shadows

that stretch like cobwebs in my mind.

You ease the pain when I am hurting,

and morbid visions from my past

pierce into the realm of Reason

as though I danced on blades of glass.

You grant me strength when I have fallen

and, once again, I've lost my way.

You take my hand in Yours and lead me

into the promise of a brand new day.

You bring order to all my chaos,

yet set my well-laid plans awry.

You place me on a firm foundation ---

then give me wings so I can fly.

You sand away my roughened edges

and polish all the dullest parts

until I stand before Your presence...

a newly-sculpted work of art.

You see into the heart within me,

right through my motives and selfish will.

And yet, in spite of all You see

You say You love me even still.

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Postby Debitt » Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:59 pm

^^ The little things add up and make a big impact on our lives in the end. It's awesome to hear a testimony like this. :thumb:

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby Fsiphskilm » Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:53 pm

The best
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby Anna Mae » Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:34 am

We had a little miracle happen like that once. My Dad always gets depressed around Halloween, but music helps cheer him up. Well, it was Halloween night, and our only CD player in the house had been sitting broken in our basement for several weeks, and we hadn't gotten a new one yet. I decided to ask GOD for a miracle. I said a prayer and went down to put in a praise CD. To my delight, it worked! All evening long we blasted praise music through the house. The next morning, the CD player had returned to it's broken state. GOD is so awesome!
Anna Mae

Postby Swordguy » Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:49 am

Matthew 7
9"Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! :thumb:
I used to "Follow" Him because i had to....now i would give everything to follow Him.

Me check it out!

Quest for the True Grail

rei wrote:"Welcome to Corneria!"
"I like swords."
"Welcome to Corneria!"
"I like swords."
"Welcome to Corneria!"
"I like swords."
"Welcome to Corneria!"
"I like swords."
"Welcome to Corneria!"
"I like swords."

[quote="The forgoten"] .â€
Swordguy

Location: The Largest chunk of concrete these united states know.

Postby Zane » Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:39 am

Thats true, Cheers for sharing.
Although I actually like thunder and lightning so i would have pray for it to have continued :) It give you that warm and cozy feeling when u sit inside and listen and watch with a warm Milo in hand. but thats just me. Good on yah mate.
Zane

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth