Spiritual Gifts

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

Spiritual Gifts

Postby Hitokiri » Sun May 23, 2004 11:44 am

Not sure where to put this.

Aty my church, the adult sunday school which I am going to is doing a class on Spiritual Gifts which helped me understand mine: Encourgament.

Has anyone else discovered thier spiritual Gifts?
Hitokiri

Postby true_noir_chloe » Tue May 25, 2004 8:02 pm

I've taken a few of those tests and things which tell you what is your spiritual gifts through the years and in different Bible studies. I've scored differently on various tests. LOL

Actually, I've been told I have the gift of Faith, Evangelism and Hospitality, and once I was told I had the gift of Discernment. So, who knows. I don't really keep track of it. ^_^

[size=84][color=seagreen]YOU SEE

You see into the deepest part of me ---

beyond the fog I hide behind.

You cast your light upon the shadows

that stretch like cobwebs in my mind.

You ease the pain when I am hurting,

and morbid visions from my past

pierce into the realm of Reason

as though I danced on blades of glass.

You grant me strength when I have fallen

and, once again, I've lost my way.

You take my hand in Yours and lead me

into the promise of a brand new day.

You bring order to all my chaos,

yet set my well-laid plans awry.

You place me on a firm foundation ---

then give me wings so I can fly.

You sand away my roughened edges

and polish all the dullest parts

until I stand before Your presence...

a newly-sculpted work of art.

You see into the heart within me,

right through my motives and selfish will.

And yet, in spite of all You see

You say You love me even still.

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Postby skynes » Wed May 26, 2004 6:45 am

I know I have Discernment and Wisdom. I've used prophecy a few times (mostly without realising it)
I am the Reaper of Souls... and it's harvest time.

skynes

Postby weebird » Wed May 26, 2004 11:45 am

i'm told mine are faith & encouragement too :)
Jeremiah 29:11, TLB. "For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. They are plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope."

I asked Jesus how much he loved me and he said this much...and he stretched out his hands and died for me.
weebird

Postby Omega Amen » Wed May 26, 2004 1:58 pm

As I am reading this thread, I am just curious....

Can someone give me the complete list of "Spiritual Gifts?"
Find me on Steam, PlayStation Network (OmegaAmen), Backloggery, Twitter, and Twitch.tv

I am also in the Christian gaming group, Tribe of Judah in the Christian Gamers Alliance.
Omega Amen

Postby Vampi » Thu May 27, 2004 2:43 am

administration
apostleship
craftsmanship
creative communication
discernment
encouragement
evangelism
faith
giving
healing
helps
hospitality
intercession
interpretation
knowledge
leadership
mercy
miracles
prophecy
shepherding
teaching
tongues
wisdom
Vampi

Postby skynes » Thu May 27, 2004 7:00 am

There's actually multiple kinds of 'spiritual' gifts. There's the 9 mentioned by Paul in 1 Corinthians that I believe have been come to be known as the Gifts of the Spirit.
(apostleship, discernment, encouragement, faith, healing, miracles, prophecy, tongues, wisdom)

I'm not sure specifically what the others were but I think there are ones relating to Christ's character like helps, giving, teaching etc.
I am the Reaper of Souls... and it's harvest time.

skynes

Postby Anison Twilight » Thu May 27, 2004 7:44 am

I think I may have the gift of prophecy. It's fleeting, but there are times when I see things that will happen. Unfortunately I forget them until they happen. So far I haven't seen anything major, as in like difficult conversations, important encounters, or anything, but...

Yeah. I'm not sure though. Ummm...It's hard for me to tell if I have anything else on that list. So, yeah.
I am a brother to dragons, and a companion to owls.
-Job 30:29
Anison Twilight

Postby Sieg9986 » Thu May 27, 2004 9:11 am

Mine is probably wisdom, I took one of those tests too and scored high in that...but yeah those tests aren't really good for showing what you're best at. People in need bring out your spiritual gifts best.
Image Image
Skywriting...

[quote]
Sieg9986:

Always looking up, being on the ground bothers you. You’re always craning your neck to see up into the clouds or to see the grandeur of the stars. “Star Warsâ€
Sieg9986

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu May 27, 2004 9:31 am

To further answer Omega Amen's question: there are three lists of spiritual gifts, each taken from a different Pauline letter. Often these lists are compiled into a single list. Also, all three of these lists are merely listing gifts, not explaining them in totality, so this is not to say all gifts are covered. Others act accordingly.

I've taken quite a number of said surveys, but I do not remember my results.
uc pseudonym

Postby Hitokiri » Thu May 27, 2004 1:59 pm

i just wanted to mention that we must use our spiritual gifts and not leave them to not be used. That happens alot cause we don't want to go outside our saftey circle thing.

I also think I might have Discernment of Spirits. I can almost sense when soemthings admist. I get a bad feeling and I can pinpinjt where this is coming from. It's scary.

I felt this weird feeling aand I was looking around and I saw this girl starring at me in the cafeteria. I could tell something was wrong with her, that soem evil came from her.

I had to divert my eyes cause I just felt scared out of my wits but I prayer for her and told the demon to leave and I started feeling better and i looked back at her and she was talking to one of her friends like nothing happened.

Maybe we can share ways of using our spiritual gifts so people cna get ideas or help people find thiers, i odnt know.
Hitokiri

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu May 27, 2004 2:18 pm

Perhaps. At the moment I have nothing to share.

Keep in mind that not all lists are intended in the same ways. Some are specific gifts Paul says certain believers have and others do not; others are traits that all believers should share, but certain people may have in different quantities. In this thread merely remember that there are two kinds of gifts...
uc pseudonym

Postby Hitokiri » Thu May 27, 2004 5:51 pm

i read and also heard you shouldn't brag or abuse your spiritual gift. I don't mean to make this thread like that. :lol:
Hitokiri

Postby Ducky » Thu May 27, 2004 7:41 pm

We did a survey about spiritual gifts at my youth group. We all graded ourselves but before we checked the results the lady teaching us had us crumple up our answer sheets 'cause she said what we had written was what we thought of ourselves and what matters was what God thinks/says about us.
Ducky

Postby Saint Kevin » Thu May 27, 2004 11:24 pm

True...but sometimes we can be pretty insightful into our own spiritual gifts.

Also, love is a spiritual gift that I don't believe Christians mention enough. At the end of one of these lists of spiritual gifts in 1 Corinthians chapter 12, we are told to desire to have the best spiritual gifts. With the ens of the list, chapter 13 (the "love" chapter) begins.

In 1 Corinthians 13, we are told exactly what love (translated agape in the greek, agape being the highest form of love) really is. We are also told that we could have all manner of spiritual gifts, but that if we don't have love, then we are nothing.

Go ahead and read 1 Corinthians Chapter 12 if you want by clicking here.

Sorry it's KJV (by the way, agape is translated as charity in chapyer 13 if you were wondering) but blueletterbible is really the only online bible site I know. I use the concordance frequently when I need a verse really quick.

Anyway. I really don't know what my gifts are, although I have some suspicions. I wonder if any of you know of any spiritual gift surveys that can be found online, to see if any of them confirm my suspicions. If you do and would like to post them, I would greatly appreciate it.
Our lives are but a vapor, let us not let waste our time and breath on vanities, but let us spend ourselves for the Kingdom, seeking a better resurrection.

Preaching the Bad News

My Live Journal
Saint Kevin

Postby EireWolf » Sun Jun 20, 2004 3:45 pm

I probably have the gifts of Craftsmanship and Mercy (or Exhortation... it's hard for me to tell the difference). I've been told I have the gift of Healing (by a stranger who supposedly had the gift of prophecy), but I have yet to see evidence of that.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
[indent]~~Gandalf, in Fellowship of the Ring[/indent]
EireWolf

Postby Angel37 » Sun Jun 20, 2004 3:48 pm

I am discernmant between the spirits and can be known to use prophecy....but not very often...other then that I'm only discernmant of spirits so far...haven't found anymore yet, but knowledge is probably one of them. (oh how I yearn for wisdom, though)
Angel37

Postby Zarn Ishtare » Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:35 am

hm...Spiritual gifts, now this is a topic to get into...Paul said it is better for you to speak one word of help to the church than many that only helped you. This is not to say it is wrong to speak in Tounges(as my best friends say it!) or anythnig, it is only to remember what is important. Speaking in a language of God is very worthwhile, and will lift the person doing it up into an extremely spiritual and emotional state, however, Prophesy will lift everyone up, and give help to the Church rather than the one person. Also, Prophesy does not merely mean telling someone their having a baby with brown hair, or some other such miniscule thing (for considering this sort of thing to be Prophesy as it truly is degrades the whole thing in my mind) but to explain Scripture and teach it. This does not mean that prophesying to tell others what is not yet known (remember the word yet) is dumb, for this is how much of the bible itself was written, but it is wise to engage in both.
With your doubt, all is comfort
We are all as we appear
No more questions left unanswered
No more wonder, no more fear
Nothing is beauty, nothing's feeling
Blood where there once was a soul
So I ask you, prove yourself
Make me believe that you are whole
Zarn Ishtare

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:26 pm

Nor does prophecy generally have to do with the future. Prophecy merely means proclaiming truth. Many of the best prophets in the Old Testament said things that never actually happened (the destruction of Ninevah, for example). The purpose is not to tell the future, but to speak truth (again,the Ninevah example).
uc pseudonym

Postby Zarn Ishtare » Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:24 pm

Actually, the Ninaveh prophesy did come true, as it was well and truly destroyed, although not at the time Jonah preached there. I believe it was some 20 to 50 years later..somtime within the same century. However, I completly agree with what UC says about Prophesy. Prophesy, as defined in the bible, is simply the teaching of the word of God, and to speak the truth. As christians, we prophesy everyday when we tell people about the love of God.
With your doubt, all is comfort
We are all as we appear
No more questions left unanswered
No more wonder, no more fear
Nothing is beauty, nothing's feeling
Blood where there once was a soul
So I ask you, prove yourself
Make me believe that you are whole
Zarn Ishtare

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth