mxpx?

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

mxpx?

Postby Rachel » Sun Apr 25, 2004 4:39 pm

i'm not sure is this is the right place for this but i will go ahead and put it here. for those who don't know ( and that could be quite a few now that i think about it ) i play guitar and sing ( or try to at least ) for a band called 83 Pieces. the bands other members include a key board player. the last band meeting we had she told us about her weekend. she was somewhere when this agent/manager type dude came up and asked her if she was in a band and she said yes. he then asked if our band had a demo tape and she said no. he then said that when we make one that we should give it to him and that we could possibly open for mxpx ( who imho, are one of the greatest christian punk bands ever ). so there you have it. we haven't even had an actual practice yet, though we will soon after monday. if this isn't in the right place could someone move it?
:rock: I mourn for those who never knew you

Click here for kick booty music!!

American by birth, Texan by the grace of God

This is where you can find me if I'm not on for a while
Rachel

Postby shooraijin » Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:33 pm

Hmm, I'm not sure where it should go either, except, perhaps as a prayer request for your upcoming gig??

Where does the name of your band come from? One clever name I saw that OldPhil and EireWolf might recognize was 9 Words, a short-lived San Diego area band at PLNU. They took their title from "Love the Lord with all your heart and mind" (I think that was the particular translation they used) ... try to guess where the title originates. ^^;;
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Debitt » Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:41 pm

^_^ Wow, this sounds like an awesome opportunity for you and your band, convoybutterfly!

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby Shinja » Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:12 pm

sweet, you need a bassplayer?
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby Zedian » Sun Apr 25, 2004 8:49 pm

Sounds promising, need another guitarist ? I certainly will be praying that you get this fine oppurtunity to rock out at a fine place.
Zedian

Postby Rachel » Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:26 pm

thanks y'all. sorry zedian and shinja, but we already have a bassist and guitar player. :(

our bands name has a story to it, so grab some popcorn. one day a friend and i were playing pool and listening to the local rock station, trying to think of a name for our band ( it used to be Convoy Butterfly, but the guys didn't like that) . anyways we were talking and i mentioned how i like the song " schism" by tool. then "schism" came on the radio and we decided to call the band Pieces, but we figured we should put some numbers in front because Pieces didn't sound so good just by itself. so how did we decide on 83? well red and black are two of my favorite colors, and on the pool table you see those colors on the 8 ball and 3 ball. so our bands name is 83 Pieces.
:rock: I mourn for those who never knew you

Click here for kick booty music!!

American by birth, Texan by the grace of God

This is where you can find me if I'm not on for a while
Rachel

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth